November 14, 2018, 10:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 51997 times)

October 02, 2017, 02:23:51 AM
Reply #15

Realist

Must be great on your planet

My world is wonderful thanks, have a nice evening Brownie 👍

October 02, 2017, 03:21:27 AM
Reply #16

Realist

Sounds very sensible.

My first problem with the 'Should we sack Walsh?' thread is this:

Does anybody know exactly what his remit is, what his targets are and what he is measured against?

My second problem is this:

Does anyone actually know if he is achieving his targets, under-performing, over-achieving or failing?

Basically at this stage I have not heard anything to say if he is doing a good job or a bad job so what would calls to sack him even be based on?

Knee-jerks.

The state of the team vs money spent is my guess

October 02, 2017, 03:51:48 AM
Reply #17

Realist

Ok so we got rid of players like Cleverly, Barry, Kone, Deulofeo and McGeady and brought in Pickford, Keane, Rooney, Ramirez, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Onyekuru for what is not a massive net spend.

I would say that the state of the team is massively improved and money well spent largely on youth with great potential futures and a couple of established star performers in the premier League. Massive improvement.

I do not include Lukaku in this and neither should you because Lukaku was not a 'decision' to get rid of - otherwise he would still be here - the fact of the matter was we simply could not hold on to Lukaku any longer and that was no-one's fault.

The 'state of the team' as you put it - is I think the responsibility of the manager - not Walsh.

So considering he has improved personnel (unless you want to swap and get Cleverly and the others back instead?) and have not spent loads (according to some posters on here - me I don't give a shit it's all Monopoly money at this stage) - tell me how you think he's done?

Lukaku has to feature in any talk about the state of the squad - whether it was forced or not, he's probably a top 10 striker in the world, now we don't have a proper striker at all in the squad, we haven't even attempted to replace him!
"Potential great futures" doesn't really cut it for me when they've spent £220m+ on players since they arrived here.
"A couple of established star performers?" - the only one I see is Sigurdsson. You may argue Rooney but he's clearly not the player he once was.
Walsh is responsible for this shit too

October 02, 2017, 04:04:52 AM
Reply #18

Realist

Not on board with sacking Walsh. I like some of his signings.

You don't know who he's bought

October 02, 2017, 05:38:56 AM
Reply #19

Realist

By ‘baggage’ was he one of those paedo young coaches?

Eh?

October 02, 2017, 05:40:20 AM
Reply #20

Realist

Sack him for what? The poor guy is probable having to work with his hands tied behind his back while Koeman ruins the club.
There's 1 guy in charge of what's happening on the pitch and all hope of getting rid of him seems to have been removed tonight.
The board seem to be happy to kiss goodbye to our season hoping he can turn this shit around.

The "poor guy" has blew a fortune on shit players, he's responsible as is Koeman
They're also both responsible for not replacing Lukaku & not signing a back up / replacement for Baines
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:50:15 AM by Realist »

October 02, 2017, 05:51:11 AM
Reply #21

Realist

They are not 'shit' players. They are underperforming players. There is a big difference

That's your opinion

October 02, 2017, 06:02:40 AM
Reply #22

Realist

Hardly anyone he's bought is shit. We've just got no thought out system for any of them to perform in. That's the managers fault.
We were all fucking made up when we signed Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Sandro, and Rooney and with good reason. All the right age (bar rooney) and all had great seasons last season (bar rooney). Rooney made sense for experience in Europe and for the younger players.
Signing Sigurdsson created more problems for the team than we could ever have known, and we doubled that up by not replacing Lukaku. Add the lack of a system to no pace or width and Ashley Williams being picked every fucking week and there you have it. A big fat list of fuck ups, that Koeman is totally to blame for.

Hardly anyone he's signed is shit is debatable. Schneiderlin, Keane, Bolasie & Klaassen have a really long way to go to justify their hefty price tags (£110 ish million!), Walsh was here when all those players arrived so he was involved in those deals

We were all made up because Everton have never made an early splash in the market like we did this time. That's the reason everyone was made up not because of who we signed like you've made out

How did signing Sigurdsson "create more problems than we could've known"?

You're clearly blaming Koeman over Lukaku, they knew months before that he was leaving so between them that was a colossal fuck up

I don't rate Walsh (or Koeman)

October 02, 2017, 06:20:01 AM
Reply #23

Realist

Yes it is, but deep down you know they are not 'shit' players. You just like to be dramatic and deal in hyperbole quite a bit. If you genuinely think they are 'shit' then I can't wait to see the names you are going to buy for us when you get your new job. I hope you're thick skinned though

Those are also just your opinions. We've established you like expressing your opinions
I'm expressing mine, sorry you don't like them 🤷🏻‍♂️

October 02, 2017, 06:32:01 AM
Reply #24

Realist

Keane and Klassen have been here 5 minutes. Bolasie has had a major injury which might take another 6 months to get over and Scheiderlin does need to improve I agree, but we've certainly seen glimpses of his class especially at the tail end of last season. The fact that we've had inconsistent performances from him is because the manager is getting next to nothing out of him, like the majority of the team.

There's no way we were all made up just because we signed a lot of players early either. A fair few bigger clubs than everton were after the likes of Keane, Pickford and Sandro, so we knew were going for quality players with potential for plenty more years. Remember the agonising wait for us to sign Sandro on here? Over 100 + pages.... and all because he looked absolute class in Spain.

Chasing Sigurdsson for the best part of 2 months was ridiculous because after signing Klassen and Rooney, Koemans priority shouldve been making sure we had a presence up top to help the team and more notably Sandro and DCL through the season. Sigurdsson has now become a bit of a target due to his value and average performances. Koeman should've pulled the plug on the deal and realised we weren't desperate for another no.10. He doesn't answer to Walsh.... it's the other way around. Which is why the buck stops with him for no Lukaku replacement too and the general lack of quality performances, results and team spirit throughout this team.

That was the sole reason people were excited because we looked like we meant business not because of who we were signing

Did Bolasie look like a £30m player before he got injured?

Schneiderlin is playing in his preferred position, your argument would work if we were talking about say Sigurdsson who is a CAM and is being shunted out to left mid, Schneiderlin is useless

Keane & Klaassen are not worth what we've bought them for, it's obvious, infact bookmark this thread and I guarantee I'll be proven right at the end of the season

Sandro is garbage don't get me started on him

You don't know who answers to who out of Koeman & Walsh - you're just assuming so the buck resting with him comment is based off an assumption

The Sigurdsson deal - I agree we maybe didn't need him or if we did then we shouldn't have bought Klassen, the need for a striker was greater than the need for Sigurdsson but did Koeman know that we still wouldn't buy a striker even after we signed Sigurdsson?

I also agree that the performances & spirit are Koemans issues but to say Walsh is the poor blameless guy in this mess is ludicrous

They're equally to blame for the state of the squad

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:07:37 AM by Realist »

October 02, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
Reply #25

Realist

The difference being, when I express an opinion I usually do based on logic, reason and experience, and if I'm wrong I usually admit it - whereas you just like to make nouse and then hide behind the old 'it's my opinion, sorry if you don't like it.' Which is fine, but as I tell the kids an opinion is only valid with good and reasoned explanation, which I don't often see from you. Next time I'm up I'm going to make sure that I get to meet you. It would be fascinating to see the man behind the misery

I think I've explained my opinions pretty thoroughly to be fair, not really sure what else you'd like?

October 02, 2017, 07:04:01 AM
Reply #26

Realist

Well if the term 'shit' is now the benchmark for thoroughly then yes you have.

We're going around in circles here Mr. Brown - I'm off to bed, have a nice night 👍

October 02, 2017, 07:11:10 AM
Reply #27

Realist

Raising the white flag are we? 😉

Not really mate you've offered nothing in the way of an argument against anything I've said, just "they're not shit they're just underperforming"

I'm just bored & tired so I'm off to bed. Night mate 🛏

October 02, 2017, 06:06:50 PM
Reply #28

Realist

Thinking about all the players weve signed and vlasic seems to be one of the best of the bunch so far,,a player which came from a team

we played twice in quick succession so absolutely fuck all to do with walsh or koeman....shame we never played atalanta first as their

winger gomez looks really good with 16 goals and 91 chances created last year and 3 goals and 21 chances created so far this year

our ross last year scored 5 and created 82 chances

Yeah I agree he's class