November 20, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9294 times)

October 02, 2017, 12:36:33 AM
Reply #15

Realist

Could you really? Or are you just being silly now?

I genuinely believe I could sign 3 better players with £100m let's face it Brownie it wouldn't be hard would it?

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 12:38:25 AM
Reply #16

The Analog Kid

Who would you think he means when he says Walsh had a good record of finding players?

Youíre the one who thinks Walsh is shit and isnít worth his salt. You do the digging amd find who he did and didnít sign. Put it on yer YouTube channel.

I canít be fucked.

October 02, 2017, 12:39:18 AM
Reply #17

Realist

Youíre the one who thinks Walsh is shit and isnít worth his salt. You do the digging amd find who he did and didnít sign. Put it on yer YouTube channel.

I canít be fucked.

I already did do the digging, that's why I stated what I did
Why begin engaging then if you "can't be fucked"?

October 02, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
Reply #18

The Analog Kid

Why begin engaging then if you "can't be fucked"?

Very careless of me to ďengageĒ in the first place really.

October 02, 2017, 12:41:30 AM
Reply #19

Realist

Very careless of me to ďengageĒ in the first place really.

Eh?

October 02, 2017, 12:42:58 AM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

No.

The signings have been hit-and-miss for sure but none of us actually know the division of responsibility in terms of scouting and recruiting players. We can only speculate as to who is responsible for our shoddy recruitment.
Surely a DoF means someone IS now accountable?

October 02, 2017, 12:43:09 AM
Reply #21

The Analog Kid

Eh?

I meant....... I really shouldnít have gotten involved in the first place as I canít be arsed carrying on arguing the toss with a Hugh Fernly Whittingstall lookalike.

October 02, 2017, 12:45:12 AM
Reply #22

Realist

I meant....... I really shouldnít have gotten involved in the first place as I canít be arsed carrying on arguing the toss with a Hugh Fernly Whittingstall lookalike.

October 02, 2017, 12:46:19 AM
Reply #23

GrantyBoy78

As far as I am aware he doesn't pick the team so on that basis we can have less of a case for him facing the boot than the man whose job it is to motivate the players and send them out in a workable system.
To motivate the likes of Niasse, Vasic and DCL? Not exactly world-beaters.

October 02, 2017, 12:46:34 AM
Reply #24

Ravardo

Walsh didn't find Kante or Mahrez, as for the signings not being an issue - I disagree - is Keane worth £30m, Schneiderlin £25m, Sigurdsson £45m?
There's £100m - I could sign better players with that money

I asked a couple of weeks ago who bought in what players...keoman =  martina rooney schneiderlin siggs bolasie williams maybe klassen

walsh = gueye  sandro  pickford keane 

October 02, 2017, 12:47:32 AM
Reply #25

GrantyBoy78

Just on the other side of the coin, the manager would have an easier job if the required players had been brought in for him.

Note: Koeman should be doing better regardless of course.
This

October 02, 2017, 12:47:53 AM
Reply #26

Realist

I asked a couple of weeks ago who bought in what players...keoman =  martina rooney schneiderlin siggs bolasie williams maybe klassen

walsh = gueye  sandro  pickford keane

Who told you that?

October 02, 2017, 12:48:24 AM
Reply #27

D3blue

I have to say I'm against the idea of a DoF, probably because I never understood exactly what their function is.  It seems to be just a means to pass the buck between manager and DoF...
Let's face it, none of us knows whether RK of SW identified our recent signings....

October 02, 2017, 12:50:11 AM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I genuinely believe I could sign 3 better players with £100m let's face it Brownie it wouldn't be hard would it?

Then you are a self delusional egotist.

But let's look at it logically

Are you complaining about the quality of the player, the fee or both?

Firstly the players - two are both established Prem players and international players, the third has just broken into the England side and is highly rated. Schneiderlin was excellent when he came in. Don't know what's up with him at the minute but he's not a bad player. Sigurdsson needs to play the number 10 role, not be out on the wing. Keane has the attributes to be a top draw centre half, he needs someone quick beside him.

The fees, as has been said before, are ridiculous but that is the climate we are in.

So, that leaves looking st players from abroad - how good is your scouting network? Do you know some players who you would take a punt on?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 12:50:15 AM
Reply #29

eyesalwaysblue

never been a fan of directors of football

Dennis wise was the first 1 i remember, Dennis Wise i mean Dennis fuckin Wise, it's a non job, it's like a civil service job, they give them to people with no fuckin use in the real fuckin world what so ever.
I still despise Clive Thomas..