October 20, 2018, 10:54:28 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 50539 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:17:38 AM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

Does he go to the games? Think it's only a matter of time that he starts to get a lot of shit if he does

November 25, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

DOF doesnt really work. We've seen both Liverpool and Spurs move away from this in recent years.

Certainly doesn't work when we won't let him buy the first team players or pick the manager. He might be crap at the job he might be brilliant. Only thing we do know is that koeman and moshiri are crap at the majority of the job because they've been doing it for him

November 25, 2017, 04:36:22 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

The thing is we don't actually KNOW anything about who is doing what. Plenty are surmising and using rumours, anecdotes and their own views to come up with their own theories.

It does seem to be widely accepted he didn't pick a lot of our expensive "proven" signings and now apparently isn't really involved in the picking of the manager.
It seems like the manager and the board have almost pushed him out of the big decisions.

We don't really know though but personally I think we let koeman build this shit show despite his relative success at Southampton coming with someone else buying the players

November 25, 2017, 05:37:01 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

I think the fact that Walsh wanted Sam Allardyce says a lot about his level of ambition tbh

As opposed to Simeone and an unavailable silva

February 17, 2018, 07:08:29 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

I'm actually not sure he's done a bad job in the parts he's actually done. The problem has been he's let others make big decisions and they've been expensive mistakes

February 18, 2018, 03:22:29 AM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

I don't disagree on who was probably  responsible for bringing each of those players in, but if Walsh keeps being over-ruled by managers and those players aren't even good enough for us, then that is enough reason to say he is not the right man for the job and our club.
We need a DoF with balls and a vision of how to shape the playing side of the club.

It's a big worry he's not been booted out already. We need someone useful in that role before we start doing any planning for next season. A DoF should be involved in hiring a new manager (if that was going to happen in the summer) as well as helping to decide what recruitment is needed (as if that hasn't been obvious to almost everyone for the last 18 months)

I'm actually a bit baffled as to how he has managed to cling on for this long with the absolute ineptitude that has been displayed.

He's been weak but I also think it's down to us getting the role of DOF a bit muddled too. It's been a bit of a free for all with our recruitment. Often paying over the odds for proven but not fantastic players the managers appear to have insisted on.

February 26, 2018, 04:52:52 AM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

No point really. Just from an economical point of view it's not like we've flushed £200m down the drain, mainly because of how the transfer market has blew up over the past 18 months.

We've also benefited from getting in a few young British players in before the market went daft.
Keane for example would still go for around £20m, even though he's been written off by many (I personally like Keane)

I do think Walsh should go though, and getting our money back should never be one of his main priorities. The players bought in haven't cut it, and most of them aren't worth what we paid.

20 million for Keane is a shocking return. We got him for the bargain price of 30m only because he was in the last year of his contract. What the fuck did we actually think he was worth.

March 04, 2018, 03:42:44 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

We have zero exciting players. We are Burnley with a really shit defence. Honestly don't know what they were thinking. Right down to a 45m playmaker who's functional with great set plays. Where's the flair?

March 04, 2018, 08:51:26 PM
Reply #23

KoemansNumberTens

I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

March 27, 2018, 03:58:20 AM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

Just to revisit the idea -

Looks like Tosun is starting to come good.

Would you say thatís Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Has he actually had a few more hits than we give him credit for and have his hits simply not been big enough / not been the right type of hits (unknowns, represent outstanding value etc.)

I donít think heís done that bad. Think the problems have been more down to others overpowering him.

March 27, 2018, 10:37:35 PM
Reply #25

KoemansNumberTens

If you take players like Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassan and Martina being Koeman's picks then I suppose on balance that's the shite of the group not attributable to him. The lack of a striker and left back are justifiable sticks to beat him with and I'd still like to see us ditch him for a more dynamic guy but he's probably not the absolute disaster it appears he is.

Maybe Iím letting him off too lightly but Iím imagining the lack of a striker was more down to a limited number of targets that Koeman decided. I just get the feeling that he hasnít really been responsible for the big priced first team players and then it stands to reason he wasnít responsible for the big priced first team failed targets either. Iím not saying Walsh has been wonderful. I just think our problems are the lack of defined roles more than anything else