November 25, 2017, 04:27:54 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 10073 times)

November 05, 2017, 11:56:01 PM
Reply #285

Martip

You know what they all need shooting....koeman, Walsh, kenright, moshri.  Honestly bunch of clueless cunts.

deCoubertin

November 07, 2017, 07:08:03 AM
Reply #286

Thomas

November 07, 2017, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #287

Martip

Walsh....get off my land

November 08, 2017, 11:14:44 PM
Reply #288

Ridge

I see the rabble is well represented.

November 09, 2017, 07:16:12 PM
Reply #289

Bluenose1962

Feel I have to add my two pence worth here. For me its not only Walsh who needs looking at but our amateur board is also culpable. We all knew for 12 months that our striker was not going to sign a new contract and was leaving. 12 months to find a new number 9. So Giroud was in the building but who was plan B or plan C. Surely someone at the top must have been asking these questions of both Walsh and Koeman. What happens if we dont get Giroud who is our back up. We pay Steve Walsh a lot of money and I am unconvinced of the value of that pay packet at this time. Walsh apparently wanted another Belgian, whom Koeman did not want, who eventually signed for Dortmund and has scored once in 9. Quoted recently as seeing himself as a number 10 not a 9. Maybe the fetish with the number 10 is Walshs not Koemans.

November 09, 2017, 09:18:35 PM
Reply #290

BlueMaquis

Feel I have to add my two pence worth here. For me its not only Walsh who needs looking at but our amateur board is also culpable. We all knew for 12 months that our striker was not going to sign a new contract and was leaving. 12 months to find a new number 9. So Giroud was in the building but who was plan B or plan C. Surely someone at the top must have been asking these questions of both Walsh and Koeman. What happens if we dont get Giroud who is our back up. We pay Steve Walsh a lot of money and I am unconvinced of the value of that pay packet at this time. Walsh apparently wanted another Belgian, whom Koeman did not want, who eventually signed for Dortmund and has scored once in 9. Quoted recently as seeing himself as a number 10 not a 9. Maybe the fetish with the number 10 is Walshs not Koemans.

Maybe we need a "should we sack the board?" thread

November 09, 2017, 11:07:59 PM
Reply #291

Bluenose1962

Maybe we need a "should we sack the board?" thread
Not exactly what I said, but they are as much to blame as Walsh and Koeman. TO not sign a striker is criminal. TO not ensure that your Director of Football and your Coach is just as criminal

November 10, 2017, 12:31:59 AM
Reply #292

GrantyBoy78

Im beginning to hate all these threads...because I genuinely want to start looking forward, however, every time we put in another shite performance or get linked with a fucking grim manager or have to choose a starting 11 from an average/disinterested/ageing/out-of-form/unbalanced squad...it all comes back to this.

Which is ultimately the fault of the board.

Who are in charge.

And will make the next load of decisions.

November 18, 2017, 11:18:03 PM
Reply #293

hill135

Coming round to the view that this guys a bit of a joker. Hes loaded the squad with over priced overpaid tat.

Elementary scouting seems to have been ignored. Even people on here were saying that Sig is a deadball merchant and that Keane was adept at defending the six yard line but maybe not the halfway line.

Proper dinosaur, like every other 60-odd year old english bloke from the fotball establishment

November 18, 2017, 11:23:47 PM
Reply #294

everton1952

But I thought he was welcomed as an architect of Leicester's championship. Has he had a brain transplant, is he "a joker"  or is this all a load of uninformed misplaced shite, like "Sack the whole lot" for example. I don't know, I am just asking. 

November 18, 2017, 11:27:19 PM
Reply #295

Cozzie

A complete dullard, farce of a man who was appointed on the back of something that will literally never happen again in football.

November 18, 2017, 11:27:54 PM
Reply #296

Ridge

It's a lot of decent pieces of the jigsaw, just from lots of different jigsaws.

Sigurdsson is good on set pieces and crosses, but we have no real aerial threat.

Sandro is quick, but we have no one who can play through balls.

Keane is a good defender, just about as slow as any player I can remember.

Walsh has to take fair amount of blame, but for me, the majority of blame still lies with Koeman. Walsh identifies players, but he's working and trying to fit with managers idea and way of playing. It's up to manager to instruct and think about how it fits together, whether it will work. I think he just thought, yeah buy lots of talent and I'll work something out. He was reasonably hands off in regards to recruitment, hence his complaints a couple of months into season.

We just can't do anything about it until the next window.

November 18, 2017, 11:31:47 PM
Reply #297

everton1952

A complete dullard, farce of a man who was appointed on the back of something that will literally never happen again in football.

Wow, I guess you don't rate him very highly then?

November 18, 2017, 11:39:24 PM
Reply #298

Lxxx

As I said on the other thread we could have quite literally bought no outfield players in the summer for all the good the 120m or so has had on the first team.

There looks to be more of a disconnect at the club than ever, with too many people involved in the decision making process now meaning their doesn't look to be a cohesive strategy when it comes to buying players.

November 18, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
Reply #299

Cozzie

Wow, I guess you don't rate him very highly then?

Lets just say if I met him, I'd blag that my shoelaces where untied and trip and (hopefully) head butt him without hurting my self in the process.