August 23, 2019, 04:01:44 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 64074 times)

October 28, 2017, 03:40:36 PM
Read 64074 times

Martip

It's hard to fully judge how well Walsh has done as we do not know how some of he younger players will do but I guess we 'll see over the next couple of seasons.

However I assume that he was primarily brought in to ensure debacles like last transfer window didn't happen.

I mean we have pretty much overpaid for everyone and the signings have been lazy to say the least...this laziness has cost us so much money. Were there no better value options than siggy at 45m ? Keane and Pickford for 60m ? Do me a favour.

There is a lot if talk of the young players brought in also but let's not forget we 've paid a lot if money for them also and they are hardly setting the world alight.

For me if he was in charge of recruitment then he has failed miserably....not bringing in players in key positions has cost us a whole season. Koeman was crap but i think they should have both gone as they were seemingly joint mistakes made by the Chuckle brothers.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:42:29 PM by Martip »

October 28, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Reply #1

Martip

So the question to follow on would be, just how much of negotiating is Steve Walsh responsible for.

If he identifies the individual, conducts some due diligence on the quality of his data, who is responsible for getting the negotiations over the line.

Because if they are shit, and I am specifically looking at Kenwright and his team, Steve has no control over that.

We have no doubt all had incompetent bosses who no matter the quality of info you give them still fuck it up. And IF Steve is in the same position, then I feel for him.
Agree this to a certain extent but you would have thought it would be walshs job to identify a player then place a a max  value on them. Ie x player would be a good addition up to 25m etc.

I don't think we can blame the top men for backing the manager and Walsh and getting their targets.

November 03, 2017, 02:14:11 AM
Reply #2

Martip

Guilt by association, fuck him off

November 03, 2017, 02:22:40 AM
Reply #3

Martip

Well Koeman did say more than once he wanted to sign players who had 'good stats' so we bought three players who have good stats, Sig/Sandro/Klaassan without thinking about how we could get them into the team. It's almost as if we bought them on that basis and threw them together and hoped it'd work.
Its a joke.

I think he has to go as we have surely just had the worst pound for pound transfer window in prem history ?

November 05, 2017, 11:56:01 PM
Reply #4

Martip

You know what they all need shooting....koeman, Walsh, kenright, moshri.  Honestly bunch of clueless cunts.

November 07, 2017, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #5

Martip

Walsh....get off my land

November 24, 2017, 04:15:10 AM
Reply #6

Martip

I wonder what he's been doing since August 31st, has he found a striker, left back and central defender yet I wonder?
Yeah keane, sandro and Martina.. .like 3 new signings. Useless coont couldn't find a decent scout in a scout hut.

November 24, 2017, 04:16:15 AM
Reply #7

Martip

Doesn't he have a place on the board?
yeah my chopping board !

November 26, 2017, 08:09:27 PM
Reply #8

Martip

A lot of angry people in here believing everything they read on the Internet.

It's been said by koeman that if both him and Walsh don't agree on a player then they don't pursue/buy him. So how in the fuk do we know who Walsh wanted but koeman didn't or vice versa??? Give your fukkin heads a shake and calm the fuk down.

This site is becoming ridiculous with rumours and speculation becoming fact. It's like Donald trump has multiplied.
My thoughts are that if Walsh could not see the issues which exist in this squad he is not good enough for the job simple as. He and koeman between them have put together the worst transfer window in prem history ....no doubt about that imo.

January 14, 2018, 05:15:25 PM
Reply #9

Martip

This guy has been horrendous....really could not have done a worse job imo.

January 21, 2018, 07:12:15 PM
Reply #10

Martip

I'd be happy with Walsh going but deeply nervous about this board searching for a replacement.
Realistically could anyone do a worse job given the 200m wasted ?

February 04, 2018, 12:21:49 AM
Reply #11

Martip

Seems familiar.
It's an absolute joke and shows why you should avoid buying flavour of the month. He's overseen over 250m of player purchases and we have got 10 times worse.....he literally is stealing a living as I believe Joe bloggs could have done a better job.

February 04, 2018, 05:11:39 PM
Reply #12

Martip

Fucking disgraceful
Watching that makes my blood boil.

February 25, 2018, 01:30:37 AM
Reply #13

Martip

Absolutely stealing a living.