August 21, 2018, 03:25:05 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 47387 times)

January 14, 2018, 05:42:29 PM
Reply #435

Lxxx

Is he?  Honestly I don't know.

Director of Football seems quite self explanatory.

January 14, 2018, 05:57:13 PM
Reply #436

Ross

Like when Koeman was here heís still lacking authority and respect it seems. Tosun is clearly Allardyces pick and it looks like Walcott is as well to me. Not sure how he can be blamed about recruitment when heís being let down by the system in place and the managers can demand their own targets. Itís all very disorganised and should have been clarified after Koeman was sacked and before Allardyce came in but it doesnít look it and until it is heís in a pretty impossible position and so would whoever else replaces him if we continue down this route.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2018, 05:58:30 PM
Reply #437

SANA_DR0

was watching the match on TSN yesterday.. commentators where saying. that Walsh and Allerdyce need to agree on a player for them to get him, if one doesnt agree,, then the deal fails.

Sam's been saying Cenk is a risk,, etc. but he agreed to sign him, Cenk is Walsh's player, while Walcott is Sams ideal player.. hence saying Walcott is not a risk and is what we need, Walsh needs to agree to Walcott like how Sam did with Cenk.

i like the premise of it,, but Allerdyces football scouting mind scares the fuck outa me.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 06:07:28 PM
Reply #438

ally2

Director of Football seems quite self explanatory.

Not to me it doesn't. Couldn't be any more ambiguous.

January 14, 2018, 06:10:26 PM
Reply #439

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
was watching the match on TSN yesterday.. commentators where saying. that Walsh and Allerdyce need to agree on a player for them to get him, if one doesnt agree,, then the deal fails.

Sam's been saying Cenk is a risk,, etc. but he agreed to sign him, Cenk is Walsh's player, while Walcott is Sams ideal player.. hence saying Walcott is not a risk and is what we need, Walsh needs to agree to Walcott like how Sam did with Cenk.

i like the premise of it,, but Allerdyces football scouting mind scares the fuck outa me.
Allardyce was after tosun at palace
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2018, 06:16:04 PM
Reply #440

Lxxx

Not to me it doesn't. Couldn't be any more ambiguous.

He doesnít pick the team. He doesnít coach the team. Therefore everything else football-related (clue is in the job title) comes under him. His background is a Chief Scout. Itíd be reasonable to assume then that player scouting and recruitment are within his remit. Otherwise why is he in his post?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:17:06 PM by Lxxx »

January 14, 2018, 06:19:49 PM
Reply #441

eugene

Ffs like the twix factory

January 14, 2018, 06:24:44 PM
Reply #442

SANA_DR0

Allardyce was after tosun at palace

maybe, but from the sounds of his interviews, he didnt trust him or rate him.

'It might not work' Everton boss Sam Allardyce admits £27million signing Cenk Tosun may be a big-money flop in the Premier League

Toffees boss claims it may take a while for the Turkish forward to settle down to life in England following his Besiktas switch

EVERTON boss Sam Allardyce has admitted £27million signing Cenk Tosun may flop in the Premier League.

The Toffees boss has claimed it may take a while for the Turkey international to settle down to life in England following his Besiktas switch.
On the prospect of an immediate impact from Tosun, Allardyce said: ďItís not easy at all. It might not work, it might not happen.

"The fact is itís a massive problem in terms of youíre hoping rather than being guaranteed he can hit the ground running.

ďWe can only hope he hits they ground running. All his key performance indicators suggest the can.

ďBut that said, when you look at the number of players brought into this country from abroad, even in the summer, and not worked, so itís a risk.

ďBut itís a good deal for the club. A quality player in all key indicators, desperate to come here, desperate to come to the Premier League.

"He left a Champions League team that qualified for the last-16 to play in the Premier League.

ďThat says it all about the commitment of the player and hopefully that commitment will get on to the field as quickly as possible and show us what heís shown everywhere else heís been, particularly at Besiktas and in the Champions League.Ē

Seriuously tho.. what sort of manager will say his striker he is buying (who got the goal of the year in the champs league last year) is going to be a flop before he even plays his first game,. saying he isnt sure in him..

in other interviews he has stated Walcott is better and his number 1 choice,.

The effect that has on the moral of players/new players..

Respect to Tosun tho, he played well yesterday, ran all over the place, good touches.
Just wish we didnt have an anti football manager.. and someone who could utilize him.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
Reply #443

Django

Allardyce asked Walsh for his list of players for each position.

Tosun wasnít on his list he was an Allardyce pick.

Think itís time for Walsh to be fucked off imo.

January 14, 2018, 06:51:20 PM
Reply #444

SANA_DR0

where have you got this from? all the journalists/sports commentators say it was Walsh's pick, and that Walcott is Sams pick.

any interviews or statements to back up it was Allardyces pick?
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 06:53:07 PM
Reply #445

therealdunc

Heard the exact same from my source, Tosun like Walcott is Big Sams choice.

Not sure what the earlier post is on about saying sam was being negative about Tosun?
Can you link a source please?

I would think saying is the best in the world at his price tag is a pretty big confidence statement.

If you mean Sam is being honest and saying one player isnít enough to turn this slow squad around, then you would be correct he wants more players before talking up his team.
Blue

January 14, 2018, 07:03:32 PM
Reply #446

cantoffee

I'm sorry but Walsh can't be blameless if he is allowing another manager to pick his own targets.

No matter who wants him first they are all Walsh's signings at this point. He has his man in place as manager and if he can't assert his authority now he never will. Deserves all the blame in the world if he can't get this squad fixed and balanced as he's had enough time and money to spend now.

January 14, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
Reply #447

Django

Can guarantee you this info is from within the Club.

Apparently all the scouts hate Walsh as heís an ignorant cunt.

Big power struggle between Kenwright, Elstone and Moshiri, Sash and Baxendale which is affecting the transfers as they need full sign off from the board. Moshiri wanted Sash to sort the Tosun deal which would of seen us get him cheaper and earlier but Walsh insisted he sorted it.

January 14, 2018, 07:40:51 PM
Reply #448

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
where have you got this from? all the journalists/sports commentators say it was Walsh's pick, and that Walcott is Sams pick.

any interviews or statements to back up it was Allardyces pick?

Every week he gets the full starting line up spot on, literally every week, so I think it's a safe bet that he's knows what he's on about.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:42:06 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 14, 2018, 07:45:58 PM
Reply #449

Dr. Sponge

Can guarantee you this info is from within the Club.

Apparently all the scouts hate Walsh as he's an ignorant cunt.

Big power struggle between Kenwright, Elstone and Moshiri, Sash and Baxendale which is affecting the transfers as they need full sign off from the board. Moshiri wanted Sash to sort the Tosun deal which would of seen us get him cheaper and earlier but Walsh insisted he sorted it.

If this is true, it sounds like Walsh's time at the club is numbered. I mean, wtf is he bringing to the table anyway?