February 25, 2018, 08:18:37 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 28637 times)

January 14, 2018, 08:05:22 PM
Reply #450

therealdunc

where have you got this from? all the journalists/sports commentators say it was Walsh's pick, and that Walcott is Sams pick.

any interviews or statements to back up it was Allardyces pick?

Can you post a link to where all the journalists and sports commentators stated Tosun was Walsh pick?

I would suspect not
Blue

January 14, 2018, 08:15:03 PM
Reply #451

Makis

Oh yes. No, double that with extra fries.

What's his point? He doesn't have a vision for the club (if he has he's sure hiding it well). He doesn't pick the managers. He doesn't do any team planning. He on one hand allows managers to overspend (or he overspends himself) and on the other hand allegedly blocks some signings. He has failed on every possible metric I can come up with.

January 14, 2018, 08:16:08 PM
Reply #452

KingdingalingNL

Didnít Sam say in an interview that Walsh told him about him and he went to watch him a couple of times and then gave the go ahead?

January 14, 2018, 08:33:04 PM
Reply #453

SANA_DR0

Can you post a link to where all the journalists and sports commentators stated Tosun was Walsh pick?

I would suspect not

in the TSN commentary of the game yesterday..  and during their half time talk
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 08:52:37 PM
Reply #454

therealdunc

Exactly

Some random Canadians with no clue making daft comments hardly translates as Ďall journalists/sports commentatorsí

Blue

January 14, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
Reply #455

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Get rid of both.

@Django please tell me theyíre both on their way.

January 14, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Reply #456

Lxxx

Such a poor, poor appointment at the time and has been proved to be worse than anyone anticipated.

The first thing Moshiri needed to do when he took over is bring in someone of the ilk of David Dein, someone who has been involved in running a big football club, who is used to dealing with big transfers and putting together a strategy on and off the pitch and commanding respect. Not a scout who somehow got given way too much credit than was due for the biggest anomaly football has seen for many a year.

It seems like the club was landed on Moshiri's desk one day as a toy and he started to play with it from that point. There doesn't seem to have been much thought pre-takeover gone into what kind of club he wanted to run and how, what is it's identity, how will it be structured, what are the short/medium term objectives. The appointments seem to have been made on a whim with no due diligence or thorough shortlisting and we're spending obscene amounts of money with no obvious plan.

After Koeman went it was the perfect opportunity to draw a line and start again, albeit mid season the timing wasn't great, but it was still possible as we should have had a contingency plan in place once things started poor and went downhill from there. Now we look indistinguishable on the whole football side from any 2nd tier north west club in the early 2000's.

January 14, 2018, 09:55:22 PM
Reply #457

SANA_DR0

Exactly

Some random Canadians with no clue making daft comments hardly translates as Ďall journalists/sports commentatorsí

lol, some random canadians? nah it was Greame le saux / John Roder

the only half time person i knew was Graeme Sharpe.

why speak of shit you dont know, just to make yourself seem correct in your mind.. lol

Didnít Sam say in an interview that Walsh told him about him and he went to watch him a couple of times and then gave the go ahead?

i guess you missed that interview too, more daft canadians spreading rumors!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 14, 2018, 10:07:57 PM
Reply #458

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like heís done exactly fuck all since joining but muddy the waters.

I SUSPECT that he is being held back by the power struggle. But If I was brought into a club and just used to buy players the manager wanted Iíd say sound, sash can sort it then Iíll be on the golf course giz a shout when you want a suggestion.

The power struggle stuff is a nightmare. Is it better the devil you know? Or is it time to hand the reigns over to this fucking boaty mcboatface who keeps saying stupid shite?

Clubs fucked mate, guarantee it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #459

bacon sarnie

Exactly

Wrong. Random daft Englishmen. So take a fuckin hike like.

January 15, 2018, 01:52:55 AM
Reply #460

therealdunc

Wrong. Random daft Englishmen. So take a fuckin hike like.

Since when was I English?
 lolol
Blue

January 15, 2018, 01:56:35 AM
Reply #461

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
 lolol
Noone is calling you English bellend
Read what people say before chatting utter wham

Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2018, 02:08:52 AM
Reply #462

GrantyBoy78

Someone at the AGM asked if Garbutt was going to be added to the squad. That was a start - they shouldíve asked why we havenít signed a first-team ready LB and if not who is responsible when even Koeman asked for one in his press conferences.

January 15, 2018, 03:36:20 AM
Reply #463

bacon sarnie

lolol

Like Jimmywack said only without the bellend as they're called helmets in Canada.

January 15, 2018, 04:40:00 AM
Reply #464

Ross

What the fucks George Michael and Sam Allardyce got in common?

All Iíve got so far is Older and Young boys.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.