December 17, 2018, 06:51:25 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53900 times)

February 19, 2018, 04:51:07 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This winds me up more than anything; especially in the light of Sam's comments about Schneiderlin being 'no worse' than others over the weekend. So, basically admitting he has been poor, but still not willing to give Klaassen a chance. It stinks.

To be fair he’s been very clear on the fact he thinks klaassen is way off this level at the moment.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 25, 2018, 07:44:24 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keanes pony isn’t he?

Wouldn’t mind seeing him next to a good cb rather than a procession of past it fellas who need to retire and total walking disasters like, but very unconvinced.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 25, 2018, 08:12:44 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One point on the transfer window inflation - we must be the only bloody club in the country who’s players values have plummeted in the last 18 months. Every other fucker is worth £30m+ these days.

February 25, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agree; for that fee you’d want him to be ‘the main bloke’ but it looks like we can only hope he grows into the ‘bloke next to the main bloke’.

If that!

February 26, 2018, 04:11:42 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know Bolasie is returning from a serious injury, but Christ, what does he offer at the moment?

Truly terrible player

February 26, 2018, 08:25:29 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He's an absolute clown of a footballer.

Can't believe we spent 27mil on him.

There’s about 8 players in our squad that if they just tore up their contracts I wouldn’t react at all.

March 04, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie is decent. Needs time to come back. Next season Is when you should judge him.

Disagree.

Don’t think he’s a bad player but his age, recent injury and low g+a contribution across his prem career goes against him heavily, and ultimately means we can’t bank on him at all.

If we can get rid of him for anywhere near what we bought him for then it would be good business, but if he stuck around the squad for another season as a wildcard squad player for cup games etc. then that would be ok.

I think players of that age should only be banked on if they are guaranteed good prem players - sig, Coleman, Gana.

March 04, 2018, 08:53:38 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

I just don’t think there’s any need to even consider it. Even if not finished you can’t rely on him for that much. Very low priority player in the summer, regardless of what happens with him I think.

March 14, 2018, 01:40:26 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wants to sign Vardy.

Wonder where he unearthed that particular gem.

March 14, 2018, 02:07:20 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mirror saying we’re interested in wilshere on a free, looking to give >90k pw.

I’ve generally always thought he’s very overrated, and injury-wise he’s an insane risk...but he’s a step up in quality to what we have.

If we want to replace rooney’s passing in cm next year, there are worse passers in the league.

March 14, 2018, 09:26:06 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There is a middle ground tbh.

If we believe in the Moshiri millions and we assume turnover and profit is not THAT essential to our success, then my rule would be nobody over 26 who is not currently a) a top player - demonstrable historic success in a top league b) relatively injury free c) a top, top attacker - rules out the winfow For superstar attackers, get them whenever you can.

March 15, 2018, 02:58:51 AM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think, as I mentioned before, if you can afford to write off the expense and afford to sign a replacement in the relatively short term, then superstar attackers are exempt from ‘short termism’ shouts.

They are force multipliers that elevate sides whole levels at a time. It wasn’t short termism for arsenal to sign auba, and it wasn’t short termism for united to sign Ibra, because they are that good and the clubs are that wealthy that it is worth it.

If we signed Vardy and Mahrez for example, we’d be challenging for 6th minimum overnight, not to mention Leicester would plummet.

March 16, 2018, 05:46:38 AM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's Wilshere ye melts

I'll lose my shit if we sign him

I'm not having Walcott too by the way

Who's next? Aaron fucking Ramsey?

Would be a great signing, like a good Ross Barkley.

March 26, 2018, 03:59:29 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just to revisit the idea -

Looks like Tosun is starting to come good.

Would you say that’s Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Has he actually had a few more hits than we give him credit for and have his hits simply not been big enough / not been the right type of hits (unknowns, represent outstanding value etc.)

March 26, 2018, 01:49:57 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deserves to be sacked for leaving us without a striker for six months.

Complete incompetence.

Do not disagree, no siree bob - but will history be kinder to Walshy than current popular opinion?

Is it possible that Cenk Tosun will save his job by pulling up trees?