September 23, 2018, 12:00:29 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 49039 times)

March 05, 2018, 03:56:24 AM
Reply #750

Cereal Killer

Walsh has got to go come end of the season wed be utterly insane to keep him here

He needs to go now to give the replacement time to get a feel for what we have and need, rather than being thrown in as the transfer window opens and having to rush through stuff

March 05, 2018, 04:22:44 AM
Reply #751

Jamokachi

I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

A common opinion within the game is that for every month you're out injured, it will take a month of playing regularly to reach the condition and form you were in prior. People are expecting far too much, far too soon from the lad. The problem is, we need to get him playing so that he can get back to his best, but we're so terrible at the moment that we can ill afford passengers. It's a catch 22. 

March 05, 2018, 04:47:29 AM
Reply #752

Bluedylan

Can we change the thread title and remove the conditional element? 'When should we sack Steve Walsh?' seems more appropriate.

Or maybe 'please God, will someone fucking sack Steve Walsh now' for something more direct.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 05, 2018, 05:21:02 AM
Reply #753

van der Meyde

Can we change the thread title and remove the conditional element? 'When should we sack Steve Walsh?' seems more appropriate.

Or maybe 'please God, will someone fucking sack Steve Walsh now' for something more direct.
If we're going to sack him, it should be now.

If we're still debating it, we risk ruining our summer's deals.

I'd like to think Moshiri appreciates the importance of the timing - particularly after Walsh's initial appointment - but I'm not certain he does.

March 05, 2018, 05:24:16 AM
Reply #754

Macca77

I believe he will be relieved of his duties pretty soon.

March 05, 2018, 05:56:07 AM
Reply #755

Tony Clifton

Surely there's a pair of lead boots with his name on them down by Bramley Moore Dock by now.

March 05, 2018, 02:45:48 PM
Reply #756

Hawkandro

Looking forward to us welcoming Wes Morgan, Jamie Vardy and Marc Albrighton in come July.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 14, 2018, 01:40:26 AM
Reply #757

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wants to sign Vardy.

Wonder where he unearthed that particular gem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 14, 2018, 01:50:16 AM
Reply #758

blue slug

Hes a joke and we surely get the boot and hopefully very soon

March 14, 2018, 01:54:15 AM
Reply #759

kramer0

Talk about putting your faith in the wrong people.

We're going nowhere as long as this guy has Moshiri's ear.

March 14, 2018, 02:49:46 AM
Reply #760

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So effectively well have paid 13m for the privilege of having Allardyce manage us for 6 months. Thats almost twice what Guardiola is on at City for 6 months work, four times more than what Klopp will earn at the shite.

What a fuckin state were in. Awful leadership.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about your own money, then I realised it was Moshiris money you were talking about, not yours.

March 14, 2018, 03:07:55 AM
Reply #761

blueski

personally don't care so much whether Walsh is sacked now or after the season ends but I do think its crucial that the replacement is in place so there is 0 transition time otherwise we are looking at a major issue next season also.
Nil Satis

March 14, 2018, 02:07:20 PM
Reply #762

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mirror saying were interested in wilshere on a free, looking to give >90k pw.

Ive generally always thought hes very overrated, and injury-wise hes an insane risk...but hes a step up in quality to what we have.

If we want to replace rooneys passing in cm next year, there are worse passers in the league.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 14, 2018, 02:36:37 PM
Reply #763

Macca77

Steve Walsh will urge Everton to make a move for Leicester's 31-year-old England striker Jamie Vardy this summer - if he stays on as director of football. (Liverpool Echo)

March 14, 2018, 02:58:10 PM
Reply #764

Thornton_19

Mirror saying we're interested in wilshere on a free, looking to give >90k pw.

I've generally always thought he's very overrated, and injury-wise he's an insane risk...but he's a step up in quality to what we have.

If we want to replace rooney's passing in cm next year, there are worse passers in the league.
I just feel as a club we should be starting a policy of signing nobody over 23 unless somebody of exceptional quality becomes available.

We need to get out of the habit of being a retirement home for old footballers and cast offs from 'big clubs'

We need to build our own and compete that way not try and desperately play catch up by signing 30 year olds who have been proven to not have it at a top level anymore. What Spurs and Liverpool do should be our model.