September 26, 2018, 10:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 13468 times)

October 10, 2017, 09:09:59 PM
Read 13468 times

Lxxx

At 17m we should have bought Maguire to play alongside Keane - too late now

Is it?

October 10, 2017, 10:40:56 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Williams you would have thought was a Koeman signing, 'for the present' as he liked to term it. Similar to Rooney, Martina and probably Schneiderlin. Our recruitment has been a bit patchy to say the least and how we have utilised them has been worse. Seems like we have a DoF working to one agenda and a manager working to another.

But yes Williams is now badly shite and needs dropping.

October 11, 2017, 05:11:34 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

I actually feel a little for him. He hit his peak in his last season at Swansea and has been declining since. He's now playing under more pressure and it seems to have sent him backwards. He often looks embarrassed and tries to hide under his shirt as he knows he's letting himself and the team down but for some reason either his body or brain or both aren't up to it at the minute. He needs a spell out of the side to maybe refocus and come back in when the team is hopefully in a better place. 

October 11, 2017, 11:14:31 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

I never thought I'd want Mori over another player in my life. I do think there's a bit of an 'anyone but Williams' mentality and people will soon remember why we all thought Mori was shite within 10 minutes of him coming back but it'll be a nice 10 minutes of hope.

October 11, 2017, 11:58:08 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

He's low on confidence and ageing and when that happens you start doing the basics poorly. We've all been there, or the ones who have played regular football at a decent level. You make silly decisions, you hoof the ball when a simple pass would do if your mind was clear enough to spot it, you lunge in to make sure you don't get isolated but you get there too late because you've thought about it for a split second longer than normal.
I played centre half for years and whilst clearly not at anywhere near this level the psychology is the same as it's all relative, only every mistake is magnified 1000 fold at the top level and the players you play against are more unforgiving.

October 13, 2017, 12:56:41 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

I think I just read that someone wanted Besic in instead of Williams.
I'll put it down to an alternate universe and some sort of space/time glitch.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:09:00 AM by Lxxx »

October 20, 2017, 05:51:57 AM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Feel for him. He knows he's past his best but knows he still needs to try and be a leader in an underperforming team.
Not a nice place to be professionally. At least he still gives his all, which unfortunately isn't good enough anymore though.

October 20, 2017, 02:48:29 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Disgrace of a captain, that brawl was a disgrace, yes he scored but it was free header. I am embarrassed as a Evertonian by that brawl, and he incited it.

The club is eating itself.

The brawl was an attempt to instil some passion into the performance. It was misguided, off the cuff and as you say embarrassing.
It worked temporarily by geeing up the crowd but if that's what it takes to get everyone to raise the tempo for 10 minutes we're in a bad way.

October 20, 2017, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #8

Lxxx

Brainless stuff like, what the fuck was that challenge on the keeper about?

Frustration. Wanting to incite a bit of passion both on and off the pitch. Attempt at leadership. All a bit misguided but it worked, for about 15 minutes.

October 20, 2017, 04:32:45 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Koeman said it was something to do with being frustrated by all the diving from Lyon.

It's Europe, it's to be expected. He's experienced enough to know all this.

October 21, 2017, 04:39:27 AM
Reply #10

Lxxx

These type of incidents just don't help those of us who want the fans near the pitch at new stadium ...

Absolute rubbish.