November 22, 2017, 03:35:31 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 6483 times)

October 20, 2017, 04:13:41 PM
Reply #135

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah that is true, knobhead behaviour all round. But I do expect better as a captain of Everton (and Wales).

Frustration, passion, anger - all of those were in that challenge last night. Yes, it was misguided but the Lyon players were the ones who rushed in with their handbags flying. I've got no problem with Everton players going for it in those situations.

I've been in the middle of those types of scuffles more times than I care to remember - sometimes I've been the cause of them, others I've been defending. You almost always come out stronger as a group of players after something like that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:53:52 PM by Brownie20 »
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 04:26:22 PM
Reply #136

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Brainless stuff like, what the fuck was that challenge on the keeper about?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2017, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #137

Lxxx

Brainless stuff like, what the fuck was that challenge on the keeper about?

Frustration. Wanting to incite a bit of passion both on and off the pitch. Attempt at leadership. All a bit misguided but it worked, for about 15 minutes.

October 20, 2017, 04:30:13 PM
Reply #138

Lazarou

Koeman said it was something to do with being frustrated by all the diving from Lyon.

October 20, 2017, 04:32:45 PM
Reply #139

Lxxx

Koeman said it was something to do with being frustrated by all the diving from Lyon.

It's Europe, it's to be expected. He's experienced enough to know all this.

October 20, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
Reply #140

Lazarou

Totally agree, just thought it was strange Koeman trying to justify it, when really he should be condemning Williams, but then again probably best kept in house.

If you aint got anything good to say then don't say anything, would probably have been the best policy.

Looks like we will probably get fined or something all started by his behaviour.

October 20, 2017, 04:42:21 PM
Reply #141

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Easy to say, difficult not to react.

October 20, 2017, 04:49:20 PM
Reply #142

BlueForYou

When it rains, it pours
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 05:02:17 PM
Reply #143

KoemansNumberTens

The brawl doesn't embarass me. It showed a bit of heart and fight for a change. The action of the fan does though

People want to be less sensitive if they are embarrassed by that. A lot of our problem is we are so fucking passive. There was very little to the "brawl" not even sure that a punch was thrown

October 20, 2017, 05:14:40 PM
Reply #144

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
People want to be less sensitive if they are embarrassed by that. A lot of our problem is we are so fucking passive. There was very little to the "brawl" not even sure that a punch was thrown

Which bit? The fan getting involved I can't accept. Those type of actions can cost the club massively

October 20, 2017, 05:16:26 PM
Reply #145

Simon Paul

Administrator
Which bit? The fan getting involved I can't accept. Those type of actions can cost the club massively

the club are banning him and are making a complaint against him to the police

October 20, 2017, 05:17:54 PM
Reply #146

dekko

He should’ve been sent off and he would’ve put the team in a more difficult situation. Unprofessional.

October 20, 2017, 05:22:33 PM
Reply #147

Lazarou

He should’ve been sent off and he would’ve put the team in a more difficult situation. Unprofessional.

Good point about the sending off. Everyone likes to see passion but that was just alehouse football.

October 20, 2017, 05:22:49 PM
Reply #148

KoemansNumberTens

No I meant Williams and the rest of the players. The fan is just a dick head

October 20, 2017, 05:29:29 PM
Reply #149

Bluedylan

A fan is a fan. You can't control the actions of 30 odd thousand people, or legislate for every one of them.

Ashley Williams, on the other hand, is an embarrassment. Lost his head completely, as a senior player, and should've been given a red. I find it a bit ridiculous that anyone's defending him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.