November 25, 2017, 12:56:42 AM

Author Topic: Koeman linked with Everton exit  (Read 3315 times)

October 16, 2017, 06:19:34 PM
Reply #45

Waltzer

It probably is, which is why we need a change. What you're saying is it's a shite situation but Koeman isn't solely to blame so on that basis we should soldier on our downward descent and change nothing.

It really doesn't matter who is or who isn't to blame, the current situation isn't working. So as binning Walsh won't change anything on the pitch and hauling a few of the scouts over the coals won't materially change our results either then the buck stops with Koeman. The highly paid man tasked with results in a results based business.

Disagree, its been years of ineptitude at Everton and until we change the mentality of the club from the top it wont change. Walsh, if he is responsible for transfers, should have been sacked straight after transfer deadline day for what happened. People need to be held to account, there have been years and years of it from Kenwright and Elstone yet the same issue persist and the same personnel. I thought Moshiri as a business man would bring up those levels, and he has to some extent but even he leaves me questioning who does what especially his allegations that he stopped the Sisokko transfer as he wanted McCarthy to play? Dismissing the manager might have an impact but it wont help in the long run.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 06:26:16 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is why i think all the criticism of Koeman is a bit over the top, he has to take some responsibility but it was almost suicide what the board did to him. Sacking Koeman wont change results as the players arent there to score goals, im afraid to say it, but my view is were going to have to buckle our seat belts cause weve got a bumpy few months until January comes, although even then I dont see any decent striker wanting to come?

I did think this way until a few weeks ago, but he's not shown anything at all in terms of digging in and gettings results, or even sticking to a philosophy which is give him points for.

Looks like a mess on and off the pitch atm, and striker or tough fixtures or not he has to be held responsible.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2017, 06:28:22 PM
Reply #47

Tinga

It's a shame the morning papers aren't 'Koeman leaves Everton'. I suppose he'll have to ruin our Europa League chances before he goes.

October 16, 2017, 06:30:21 PM
Reply #48

Waltzer

I did think this way until a few weeks ago, but he's not shown anything at all in terms of digging in and gettings results, or even sticking to a philosophy which is give him points for.

Looks like a mess on and off the pitch atm, and striker or tough fixtures or not he has to be held responsible.

Ill admit I do want Koeman to turn it around so its probably influencing my thought process, that said if we could get Ancelotti in id help pack Koemans bag, but the more realistic option of Matterazi leaves me questioning what he could do, or any of the other realistic targets?

October 16, 2017, 06:35:06 PM
Reply #49

Hawkandro

If Walter Mazzarri is the answer, I don't want to hear the fucking question.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 16, 2017, 06:37:42 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

Disagree, its been years of ineptitude at Everton and until we change the mentality of the club from the top it wont change. Walsh, if he is responsible for transfers, should have been sacked straight after transfer deadline day for what happened. People need to be held to account, there have been years and years of it from Kenwright and Elstone yet the same issue persist and the same personnel. I thought Moshiri as a business man would bring up those levels, and he has to some extent but even he leaves me questioning who does what especially his allegations that he stopped the Sisokko transfer as he wanted McCarthy to play? Dismissing the manager might have an impact but it wont help in the long run.

I don't deny we need to address the long term inherent issues in our unprofessionalism and small time mentality. I share similar concerns about Moshiri too. However we have a short term problem which needs fixing. We can't just pretend it isn't there and hope it rights itself in the face of no evidence whatsoever that it might do that. It's not inconceivable we lose the next three games, lose two of our shots at silverware this season and be in the bottom three. Any off field issues we have pale in comparison to the shitstorm on it that needs addressing.

October 16, 2017, 06:41:45 PM
Reply #51

Ross

We’ve got two strikers on the books that are getting somewhere in the region of £300k a week between them. One was very publically courted by Koeman on a few occasions and the other he is known to have personally scouted.

Let’s not pretend we’ve got no forwards.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 16, 2017, 06:55:30 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ill admit I do want Koeman to turn it around so its probably influencing my thought process, that said if we could get Ancelotti in id help pack Koemans bag, but the more realistic option of Matterazi leaves me questioning what he could do, or any of the other realistic targets?

I can understand because it's exactly how I felt, and I even had a little glimmer of it before Brighton, but it's the same story every time. Slow, pedestrian, boring, styleless.

Best performance of the year was City, and we were playing pure Pulisball.

Don't think ancelotti would work here. Don't think mazarri would either to be honest.

Telegraph linked us to fonseca today, his stats look good.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2017, 07:36:44 PM
Reply #53

Mac934

People who call him a buffoon are themselves buffoons. He is not a buffoon. There is far more to it than slagging him off as though he is solely to blame. Others at the club must share the blame in signings and missed signings. To an extent he is playing the cards he has been dealt and the fixture list/congestion has not helped.  He may or may not turn this around. I doubt that he will, but name calling is ignorant.
Fixture list/congestion! What congestion? I don't see other teams in Europe complaining about congestion. It's a fact of life, if you want European football, you have to accept the fixtures are coming thick and fast and plan around that. Not whinge and bitch about congestion. The fixtures are the same in the league for everyone, Burnley started with 'hard games' away and have done ok. It's the way we have played in those games that irks most fans not necessarily the results as has been said in many topics and posts.

October 16, 2017, 07:39:56 PM
Reply #54

plumber

Telegraph linked us to fonseca today, his stats look good.

He won't leave Shakhtar before the season ends though.

And that's the issue. I doubt it's possible to get something better than Koeman at this stage.
Anchelotti and even Silva shouts are bollox. And that leaves us with Unsworth (very risky option to put it mildly) or uninspiring average managers like Mazzarri.

October 16, 2017, 08:01:08 PM
Reply #55

Evertonian in NC

Koeman decided to sign Rooney and continues running the team around and through him and his desires (despite getting nothing in return) and should answer for that.

His response is to double down on his "proven veterans" approach. Madness.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 16, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #56

Waltzer

He won't leave Shakhtar before the season ends though.

And that's the issue. I doubt it's possible to get something better than Koeman at this stage.
Anchelotti and even Silva shouts are bollox. And that leaves us with Unsworth (very risky option to put it mildly) or uninspiring average managers like Mazzarri.

I dont know much about him so not saying I want him or not, but I read from this interview he'd be here at the drop of a hat if offered....

Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca has welcomed reports suggesting Everton have lined him up as a replacement for Ronald Koeman.

The Toffees have endured a disappointing start to the season and lie in 16th place, having taken just eight points from their opening eight games.

The Daily Telegraph’s sources in Portugal claim Fonseca was among the candidates to replace Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park in 2016 before the club opted for Koeman.

And now it’s claimed the Toffees are considering Fonseca once again as reports persist that Everton are losing patience with the Dutchman.

Discussing talk he could move to the Premier League, Fonseca told the Daily Telegraph: “All coaches want to go to England and I am one. I have this dream and I believe this can happen.

“If it’s soon or not, I have this dream.”

October 16, 2017, 08:14:37 PM
Reply #57

blueski

how many of the top 6 we'd like to be part of would still have him as manager? most would have sacked him already apart from arsenal and tottenham, abramovic would have sacked him weeks ago
Nil Satis

October 16, 2017, 08:26:12 PM
Reply #58

bluestevie

Koeman decided to sign Rooney and continues running the team around and through him and his desires (despite getting nothing in return) and should answer for that.

His response is to double down on his "proven veterans" approach. Madness.

How has Rooney gave nothing in return? 4 goals in 10 games, including the winner v Stoke, the goal that should have won us the game at City, and the pen that gave us an embarrassing point yesterday, 2 of them earned us points we didn't deserve and without them we would have been in an even worse position than we are.
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 16, 2017, 08:42:21 PM
Reply #59

Waltzer

how many of the top 6 we'd like to be part of would still have him as manager? most would have sacked him already apart from arsenal and tottenham, abramovic would have sacked him weeks ago

Its not even remotely comparable in so many ways. Although based on the answer you've given in your post id say 2/3 would have sacked him.