November 23, 2017, 06:54:47 PM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 6799 times)

October 19, 2017, 06:46:42 PM
Reply #195

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry Blarg - love you man, but anyone who uses 'Jamie Carragher was right' mis-spelled or otherwise - has to get a Tool.

Tool away my man. Just saying as I see it.

He was right about Barkley too. You'll have to wait til tomorrow to tool me again :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

October 19, 2017, 06:47:48 PM
Reply #196

Toddacelli

Tool away my man. Just saying as I see it.

He was right about Barkley too. You'll have to wait til tomorrow to tool me again :)

Yeah but not to Cool you!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 19, 2017, 07:12:04 PM
Reply #197

Waltzer

Has he ever really had major success though with his preferred style and players? The best he's had here is 7th isn't it? Which is below where we finished the year before he came to England, allied to the fact his cup record during that period is woeful.
With Guardiola they persevered as they know when he got it right it'd be worth it. Is getting us to where we should be, 7th, success? Just a honest question.

I agree 7th isnt good enough, im just trying to give some justification and rationale, people say he should change/adapt but rarely any managers do, they stick t what they know.
Finishing 6th with Southampton was pretty successful, although having never won anything as a manager is the clear downfall but has he previously been given the resources to compete?
Regardless of who took over, or who takes over if Koeman is sacked, getting Everton in the top 6 will be a remarkable achievement, unless Moshiri really loosens the purse strings as despite the promises there havent been any indications hes that serious, our transfer windows have been very similar to life under Kenwright with us having a minimal spend or selling our best player to reinvest.

October 19, 2017, 07:16:18 PM
Reply #198

Bluedylan

Yeah but not to Cool you!

Carragher's sound, and an excellent pundit, imo. I know he sometimes tries to wind our fans up but I don't blame him. I think deep down he still has a lot of affection for us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 19, 2017, 07:20:13 PM
Reply #199

Macca77

Carragher's sound, and an excellent pundit, imo. I know he sometimes tries to wind our fans up but I don't blame him. I think deep down he still has a lot of affection for us.

He plays footy with my cousin and a few of his mates, they're all blues, he always talks about Everton, still says the worst day of his footballing life was when we beat them 3-0, he was in tears in the dressing room after.

October 19, 2017, 07:31:43 PM
Reply #200

Lxxx

I agree 7th isnt good enough, im just trying to give some justification and rationale, people say he should change/adapt but rarely any managers do, they stick t what they know.
Finishing 6th with Southampton was pretty successful, although having never won anything as a manager is the clear downfall but has he previously been given the resources to compete?
Regardless of who took over, or who takes over if Koeman is sacked, getting Everton in the top 6 will be a remarkable achievement, unless Moshiri really loosens the purse strings as despite the promises there havent been any indications hes that serious, our transfer windows have been very similar to life under Kenwright with us having a minimal spend or selling our best player to reinvest.

I think we was probably the right appointment at the time as we needed stability and his record seemed to suggest he would offer that. He was also the biggest name in management in our history so it was seen to be a coup on face value.

I just think an awful summer and a lot of poor decisions on and off the pitch have hamstrung him and it's snowballed from there. He doesn't seem to have the ideas or the tactical flexibility to solve it, which is strange from one so experienced. Coupled with his seeming indifference to the plight and his sullen personality and it doesn't really look like the right mix to get us out of it.

Sometimes you just have to admit things aren't working and anything less than a win tonight and it should be time for a change.

October 19, 2017, 07:39:32 PM
Reply #201

Waltzer

Sometimes you just have to admit things aren't working and anything less than a win tonight and it should be time for a change.

Cant argue with most of that but I still think he'll get until the end of the season (watch him get sacked tomorrow now :) ). I honestly think if we had a Giroud or someone similar we wouldn't be far off competing for the top 6 places.

October 19, 2017, 07:42:15 PM
Reply #202

Bluedylan

If we'd had anything about us this season, there's actually a perfect chance to make Top 6 because Arsenal look even frailer than usual and there's talk that Sanchez and Ozil could leave in January. If we were on it this season, I think we could've finished above them, but we've pretty much fucked it already.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 19, 2017, 07:55:38 PM
Reply #203

BlueForYou

Hamstrung, he is! As would any immediate replacement

Koeman's a tough cookie and from a Dutch generation that did national military service

You either take to a Colonel man management style or you don't; either that or the likes of Klaassen, Sandro, Holgate, Lookman, Williams, Niasse, Martina, Kenny and Besic are just not quite good enough - yet..........................

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 08:08:02 PM
Reply #204

formerKHL

I think we was probably the right appointment at the time as we needed stability and his record seemed to suggest he would offer that. He was also the biggest name in management in our history so it was seen to be a coup on face value.

I just think an awful summer and a lot of poor decisions on and off the pitch have hamstrung him and it's snowballed from there. He doesn't seem to have the ideas or the tactical flexibility to solve it, which is strange from one so experienced
. Coupled with his seeming indifference to the plight and his sullen personality and it doesn't really look like the right mix to get us out of it.

I agree with all of the statement in bold.....
i'd question the statement in italics and underlined.... I don't believe he is indifferent to our plight...being a professional this will be hurting him deeply i'd say....he is what he is personality wise...and TBH I tend to think his "dutchness" is somewhat misinterpreted on TV, both body language and his spoken word....

October 19, 2017, 08:21:30 PM
Reply #205

Normm

Sacking Koeman will be hard for those who fought so hard to employ him. People are often reluctant to admitting to mistakes. RM never did, RK finds his excuses. Moshiri? ...He can blame BK. But, after spending all those millions, after selling RL, he will be reluctant to spend big in January, unless there is a radical change ...either in performance, or management.

IMO

October 19, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
Reply #206

Evertonian in NC

I just read last night in my "Finding the Heroes of Everton" book how Carragher's middle name is Duncan after Duncan McKenzie, and it made me want to fucking kill somebody.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 19, 2017, 08:32:01 PM
Reply #207

BlueForYou

If we're calling Rooney, Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Vlasic (plus Barkley) number 10's (and I'm calling for Mata in January!), how would you solve it?

Play them all, leaving three out of position? Or use just one and relegate the other three to the subs bench?

The Koeman conundrum!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 19, 2017, 08:34:31 PM
Reply #208

Evertonian in NC

Rooney is an impact sub.  Klaassen ought to play next to either Gana or Schneiderlin (rotating with Davies).  Vlasic is fine on the wing.

Sigurdsson should get a run at the #10 of two months, minimum.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 19, 2017, 08:40:49 PM
Reply #209

BlueForYou

Is it possible to play two in the position of number 10, one left and one right?

Or does that defeat the object of that position?

Harry Catterick