November 24, 2017, 06:12:20 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 11373 times)

October 19, 2017, 12:04:22 AM
Reply #105

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Unpredictable and pacey vs predictable and slow

Shoukd be fun

Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 12:28:30 AM
Reply #106

Gash

Global Moderator
Could argue that Lyon are the biggest name weve played in Europe since Fiorentina

Nah, there's many a stick to beat Koeman with, most of which I'm getting on board with but let's not try and make out that we'd be selling these games out if we were on a decent run when we've had less than 30,000 at pretty much every home European game in 10 years.

October 19, 2017, 12:49:25 AM
Reply #107

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Could argue that Lyon are the biggest name weve played in Europe since Fiorentina
we have played WolfsburgSporting Lissabon and Benfica at home with only Benfica getting pass the 30.000 and that was only with about 700 or something

October 19, 2017, 01:02:47 AM
Reply #108

Macca77

Be about 25000 there tomorrow

October 19, 2017, 01:27:38 AM
Reply #109

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Be about 25000 there tomorrow
That Would be a big crowd

Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 01:29:52 AM
Reply #110

Ross

Werent Rumbelows and Split in the mid 30s?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 19, 2017, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #111

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Weren't Rumbelows and Split in the mid 30's?
That was when we wanted to see our new international gk, future England captain cb, great mf and future Spanish international cf

Not that long ago but how times change

Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 01:44:32 AM
Reply #112

Ross

That was when we wanted to see our new international gk, future England captain cb, great mf and future Spanish international cf

Not that long ago but how times change

Nearly 30k for the Limassol game wasnt it?

Not really a stretch to think wed be getting mid 30s for a game against Lyon if we were doing well.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 19, 2017, 01:47:36 AM
Reply #113

SANA_DR0

So this was for me then?
That side has one holding midfielder. The only who holds that position positionally. His form is poor admittedly but needs must.

I dont recall, i think it was for Jamokachi.. i have no idea, i cant recall. Not much sleep the last week, lol.

Hope Schneiderlins form recovers asap.

Having DCL on the wing is so bad, i've seen a few posters put that formation up, He's the only real number 9 we have, we need him in the middle to stretch the play.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 19, 2017, 01:47:54 AM
Reply #114

Gash

Global Moderator

Not really a stretch to think wed be getting mid 30s for a game against Lyon if we were doing well.

The original point was in 'any other season we'd probably sell out', I just pointed out that we don't. Even a last 16 game against Kiev barely got 26k.

October 19, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
Reply #115

blue1948

Nah, there's many a stick to beat Koeman with, most of which I'm getting on board with but let's not try and make out that we'd be selling these games out if we were on a decent run when we've had less than 30,000 at pretty much every home European game in 10 years.
Everyone on here seems to forget that Koeman has been bought a very expensive rifle but they haven't given him any bullets .What exactly should he do when in reality he has no centre forward ,every team we play know we have the fire power that would struggle to bust a wet paper bag . I truly feel for him .Not as much as us but I do .

October 19, 2017, 02:14:26 AM
Reply #116

Gash

Global Moderator
Everyone on here seems to forget that Koeman has been bought a very expensive rifle but they haven't given him any bullets .What exactly should he do when in reality he has no centre forward ,every team we play know we have the fire power that would struggle to bust a wet paper bag . I truly feel for him .Not as much as us but I do .

He said himself that we were too reliant on Lukaku's goals and he wanted players that would score from other areas of the pitch. We got those players in for him several of whom were his choice. For one reason or another they haven't all worked out but he should still be able to get far more from this group of players than he currently is.

That's the worry at the moment, we look awful and totally devoid of any ideas and the players don't look like they know what they're meant to be doing and it doesn't show any sign of changing from one game to the next.

October 19, 2017, 02:24:34 AM
Reply #117

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Think we deffo would.

If we were doing well this year after spending a bit of doh with Rooney back and a stadium on the horizon we would be absolutely bouncing every game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 02:33:32 AM
Reply #118

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nearly 30k for the Limassol game wasn't it?

Not really a stretch to think we'd be getting mid 30's for a game against Lyon if we were doing well.
Gonna have to be a big walk up cos the os is showing a small sale

Simply simply lovely

October 19, 2017, 03:11:36 AM
Reply #119

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Nar fuck this, I'm looking forward to it

Hope we smash these tomorrow and get the season back on track

There's relentless negativity about the club at the moment and I'm ready to put it behind us starting tomorrow with a rousing win!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!