September 25, 2018, 12:51:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Lyon  (Read 26803 times)

October 18, 2017, 11:19:06 PM
Read 26803 times

Gash

Global Moderator
shit isn't it, Lyon are quite a big name in football aswell- any other season we'd probably sell out

No we wouldn't, I doubt we've had over 30,000 at a European game since Fiorentina nearly 10 years ago.

October 19, 2017, 12:28:30 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Could argue that Lyon are the biggest name weve played in Europe since Fiorentina

Nah, there's many a stick to beat Koeman with, most of which I'm getting on board with but let's not try and make out that we'd be selling these games out if we were on a decent run when we've had less than 30,000 at pretty much every home European game in 10 years.

October 19, 2017, 01:47:54 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Nearly 30k for the Limassol game wasnt it?

Not really a stretch to think wed be getting mid 30s for a game against Lyon if we were doing well.

The original point was in 'any other season we'd probably sell out', I just pointed out that we don't. Even a last 16 game against Kiev barely got 26k.

October 19, 2017, 02:14:26 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Everyone on here seems to forget that Koeman has been bought a very expensive rifle but they haven't given him any bullets .What exactly should he do when in reality he has no centre forward ,every team we play know we have the fire power that would struggle to bust a wet paper bag . I truly feel for him .Not as much as us but I do .

He said himself that we were too reliant on Lukaku's goals and he wanted players that would score from other areas of the pitch. We got those players in for him several of whom were his choice. For one reason or another they haven't all worked out but he should still be able to get far more from this group of players than he currently is.

That's the worry at the moment, we look awful and totally devoid of any ideas and the players don't look like they know what they're meant to be doing and it doesn't show any sign of changing from one game to the next.

October 20, 2017, 02:13:06 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
That's fucking woeful from Holgate.

October 20, 2017, 03:29:49 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Haven't heard the last of that one with the fans getting involved.

Fired the crowd up though.

October 20, 2017, 03:32:19 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Useless cunt! :)

October 20, 2017, 03:39:07 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
We're going to have to malky their keeper again.

October 20, 2017, 05:09:00 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
BT and this Gallic journalist doing their damnedest to get Everton banned by not showing any of the Lyon players' involvement in the 'brawl', and actually saying that the ref should put the Everton crowds involvement in his report.   

To be fair, the lad carrying his son while running to the front, shouting his nut off and shoving the Lyon keeper's head should ashamed of himself.

October 20, 2017, 05:27:53 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
He won't be, he'll be in the boozer doing a few lines now buzzing off himself

He'll be well chuffed, he's even got a mention on the BBC.

Williams had barged into Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes moments before his equaliser, sparking a melee behind the byeline in which an Everton fan - carrying a small child - appeared to push a Lyon player.