October 16, 2018, 10:16:21 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 30186 times)

August 21, 2018, 05:00:02 PM
Reply #315

Jamokachi

I was asking if there was any evidence of this/stats or similar, how did you measure this ?

With my eyes.

August 21, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Reply #316

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

August 21, 2018, 05:14:25 PM
Reply #317

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There goes another straw man :snigger:

Are you actually trying to argue that tosun is faster than Calvert Lewin here?

August 21, 2018, 05:21:07 PM
Reply #318

Cereal Killer

August 21, 2018, 05:29:59 PM
Reply #319

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not exactly sure you know what a straw-man is here @Escla .
It means arguing against a position that your opponent did not state.

People said DCL is faster. You asked by what metric, people answered in a manner suggesting their actual eyes were the devices used to see who was faster.
You then moved the goalposts by beginning to argue he uses said speed to run into dead-ends.

it may be that comment was a response to another post, arguing about another thing. But it was irrelevant to the topic at hand.

August 21, 2018, 05:32:18 PM
Reply #320

sam of the south

Equally the comment I was responding to .

Not really.

It was about pace.

The comment you responded to stated that DCL was clearly faster than Tosun.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 21, 2018, 05:54:47 PM
Reply #321

MmmblueBernard

Who cares how fast he runs.

The stats we should focus on are goals and chances converted etc. Ones relative to position played.

Now, whereís a good stat man when you need him... @kramer0
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 21, 2018, 05:55:28 PM
Reply #322

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Enough already, google is your friend  :Horse:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/theo-walcott-dominic-calvert-lewin-14432671

Thank you ! Thatís all I was ever asking for, was there any stat or evidence to back that statement up, now we have it.

August 21, 2018, 05:57:44 PM
Reply #323

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thank you ! That’s all I was ever asking for, was there any stat or evidence to back that statement up, now we have it.

Not everything needs to be backed up with evidence. Some things are just clear to the eye.

August 21, 2018, 05:58:55 PM
Reply #324

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not exactly sure you know what a straw-man is here @Escla .
It means arguing against a position that your opponent did not state.

People said DCL is faster. You asked by what metric, people answered in a manner suggesting their actual eyes were the devices used to see who was faster.
You then moved the goalposts by beginning to argue he uses said speed to run into dead-ends.

it may be that comment was a response to another post, arguing about another thing. But it was irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Know perfectly well what a straw man response is and that was what I got, didnít move any goal posts in saying you can sometimes use speed to run down blind alleys, that was just a personal view that it is sometimes the case, anyway, letís just drop itches fact that DCL is faster is now backed up by hard fact .

August 21, 2018, 06:01:12 PM
Reply #325

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not everything needs to be backed up with evidence. Some things are just clear to the eye.

Ram, there was never any element of disbelief here, simply genuine curiosity as to whether or not this was an actual stat/fact , now we know that it is indeed a proven fact.

August 21, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
Reply #326

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Ram, there was never any element of disbelief here, simply genuine curiosity as to whether or not this was an actual stat/fact , now we know that it is indeed a proven fact.

You're weird. Proper derailed a thread just for the sake of being a crank.

August 21, 2018, 06:20:26 PM
Reply #327

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You're weird. Proper derailed a thread just for the sake of being a crank.

Read the title of the thread, me asking a question about him is hardly derailing the thread, your prolongation of it perhaps. I find how you always have to close an argument out with a personal insult pretty weird.

August 21, 2018, 06:30:35 PM
Reply #328

SANA_DR0

Are you against an alternative view nowadays?

i got no issues with alternative views, but they need to be based on facts or some resemblance of evidence..

who cares if xxxx and xxxx where smiling and laughing.. surely they're allowed to make jokes and have giggles.. im sure most of us guys (and girls) used to have laughs when in our late teens/low 20's...

to me it just showed that Tofifee had no knowledge of DCL or Holgate, and was basing his biased views on them working under negative managers such as Koeman and Allardyce.

Holgate was amazing in the last match, DCL yes he doesnt get the goals, but when he plays he puts in as much work as Tosun (well he did last year) Tosun/DCL are basically the foils our wingers and team work off.

I know he's a striker and most of the fans judge him by goals, but he/they do the dirty work so the likes of Walcott/Siggy/Richarlison etc can build off their hold up play.. the same as what Firminho does so Salah and Mane can do what they're doing.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 21, 2018, 06:33:45 PM
Reply #329

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

i got no issues with alternative views, but they need to be based on facts or some resemblance of evidence..

who cares if xxxx and xxxx where smiling and laughing.. surely they're allowed to make jokes and have giggles.. im sure most of us guys (and girls) used to have laughs when in our late teens/low 20's...

to me it just showed that Tofifee had no knowledge of DCL or Holgate, and was basing his biased views on them working under negative managers such as Koeman and Allardyce.

Holgate was amazing in the last match, DCL yes he doesnt get the goals, but when he plays he puts in as much work as Tosun (well he did last year) Tosun/DCL are basically the foils our wingers and team work off.

I know he's a striker and most of the fans judge him by goals, but he/they do the dirty work so the likes of Walcott/Siggy/Richarlison etc can build off their hold up play.. the same as what Firminho does so Salah and Mane can do what they're doing.

If I could I would give you 20 likes for your first sentence !