May 24, 2018, 05:55:23 AM

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 6570 times)

May 22, 2018, 08:17:09 PM
Reply #180

di_guyo

Sorry, two different thoughts in that.

Thought one was I expected Spurs to struggle more last season.

Thought two was that we have a long way to go to get close to Arsenal.

Haha, no worries. I was taken by surprise, but all clear now bud.

I actually agree with you too. Although we were in the conversation a couple of seasons back, our squad and resources were inferior and we were effectively punching above our weight. If we're to seriously challenge for automatic European spots there's quite a leap to be made.
Everton & Atleti

May 22, 2018, 08:23:40 PM
Reply #181

Bally

Administrator
Didn't he get a really bad head injury recently
Yeah done by fans apparently
It's the roll I way

May 23, 2018, 11:07:11 PM
Reply #182

sixymack

Rondon anyone??  16.5 million pound release clause.  28 years old.  Showed he was a class act after the McCarthy injury.  Powerful player.  Worth a punt at that money surely and could he play with Tosun or too similar?

May 23, 2018, 11:15:27 PM
Reply #183

KoemansNumberTens

Rondon anyone??  16.5 million pound release clause.  28 years old.  Showed he was a class act after the McCarthy injury.  Powerful player.  Worth a punt at that money surely and could he play with Tosun or too similar?

Doesn’t score goals. I think they’ll struggle to shift him even at that price

May 23, 2018, 11:57:17 PM
Reply #184

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Have always been a big Rondon fan. Best hold up outside the top 6.

Think he’d score more in a better system, but we’ve no idea if Marco wants a big number 9 yet.

Wouldn’t hate him as a back up plan, or if the system required a big back-to-goal fella.

Would have saved koeman had he got him start of the year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

5 hours ago
Reply #185

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have rondon. We need pace galore around him tho

Simply simply lovely

5 hours ago
Reply #186

Makis

Heck no. Brands will look for younger players with potential. We have Tosun and DCL already, add a quality forward and that's plenty enough. Adding a mediocre striker is of no use.

5 hours ago
Reply #187

Fynci

I like Rondon but I think it is more about that incident, and how he comes across as a person, rather than as a player. File under 'Naismith'.