October 20, 2019, 12:52:49 PM

Author Topic: Players on loan 17/18  (Read 20522 times)

May 23, 2018, 02:13:17 AM
Reply #165

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually thought it was Messi.

There was a video of him man marking Messi for a whole game, and another of him catching up with a dribbling bale and tackling him. He also dominated peak Yaya.

But, whenever you actually see him play he’s just a bit too erratic.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:25:03 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 02:18:04 AM
Reply #166

sam of the south

I actually thought it was Messi.

He marked Messi well during the last World Cup which got him his move, but the keeping pace with and tackling of a top player happened against Bale.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2018, 01:56:15 PM
Reply #167

Toddacelli

Indeed, for example if he takes another for the club it will be too many.

I disagree with this - the like was  for making me laugh! :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 29, 2018, 01:58:38 PM
Reply #168

Toddacelli

He marked Messi well during the last World Cup which got him his move, but the keeping pace with and tackling of a top player happened against Bale.

There's a better vid than this - this is the same tackle repeated. In the other vid he gets the better of Bale 6 or 7 times and paces him 2 or 3.

May 29, 2018, 02:38:48 PM
Reply #169

sam of the south

There's a better vid than this - this is the same tackle repeated. In the other vid he gets the better of Bale 6 or 7 times and paces him 2 or 3.

Oh really, Im pretty sure he only got the better of Bale once?

Does the vid exist, then?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2018, 07:34:56 PM
Reply #170

Toddacelli

Oh really, Im pretty sure he only got the better of Bale once?

Does the vid exist, then?

Watch This.

May 29, 2018, 08:21:34 PM
Reply #171

sam of the south

Watch This.

👍🏼

I always thought hed make an excellent WB/FB if perservered with.

Weve got a lad here who has done successful marking jobs on Messi and Bale early in his career, and none of our managers have managed to get a tune out of him.

I know hes had his injuries, but hes been mainly fine at Middlesborough, and this again points at our coaching in no small part.
Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2018, 08:24:46 PM
Reply #172

Toddacelli

👍🏼

I always thought hed make an excellent WB/FB if perservered with.

Weve got a lad here who has done successful marking jobs on Messi and Bale early in his career, and none of our managers have managed to get a tune out of him.

I know hes had his injuries, but hes been mainly fine at Middlesborough, and this again points at our coaching in no small part.

I also think he may be a big-game player. I know everyone thinks he'd get sent off in a derby match but he'd be one of the first names on the team-sheet for me because at least he'd show his teeth and compete. There's no tummy-tickling on Besic's watch.

May 29, 2018, 08:32:26 PM
Reply #173

Juanito

Last memory of watching Besic for Everton was under Martinez, he started a game, ran around like a headless chicken (it was like he was drunk) kept leaving gaping holes in the middle of the park and I think we were 2/3 down by half time then he was hauled off. It was at Goodison, too.

May 29, 2018, 08:44:10 PM
Reply #174

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
whats going on with Onyekuru? Seen reports that Anderlecht not played him so he didnt go to World Cup so we cant get him a work permit?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

May 29, 2018, 09:29:15 PM
Reply #175

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
whats going on with Onyekuru? Seen reports that Anderlecht not played him so he didnt go to World Cup so we cant get him a work permit?
He's been injured for ages hasn't he
Simply simply lovely

May 29, 2018, 09:52:34 PM
Reply #176

Lxxx

Last memory of watching Besic for Everton was under Martinez, he started a game, ran around like a headless chicken (it was like he was drunk) kept leaving gaping holes in the middle of the park and I think we were 2/3 down by half time then he was hauled off. It was at Goodison, too.

I think that's basically my only memory of him.

May 29, 2018, 10:47:21 PM
Reply #177

Shogun

Administrator
He was quite good in Martinezs second season imo.

Class in the match against City at Goodison in the cup.

May 29, 2018, 11:38:41 PM
Reply #178

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Rumours that anderlecht didnt play him despite him being fit, so he wouldnt go the World Cup.

Hes reacted today and basically put the manager on blast - stupid idea, I can go anywhere and I wont be going to anderlecht type stuff.

All a bit mad, big shame for us but hopefully he can go and enjoy another year somewhere else and bang goals.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.