Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 165473 times)

November 29, 2017, 03:11:05 PM
Reply #3030

therealdunc

Do you get beaten up a lot or are you not this annoying in real life .

A proud evertonian today

Finally we have a manager with half a brain and some ambition
Blue

November 29, 2017, 03:12:42 PM
Reply #3031

Macca77

Sammy Lee looks happy

November 29, 2017, 03:13:29 PM
Reply #3032

Macca77

A proud evertonian today

You really are trying to hard now, have a day off

November 29, 2017, 03:15:04 PM
Reply #3033

Waltzer

A proud evertonian today

What is your rationale behind this statement, other than looking for a reaction?

In all honesty I think Sam is better than some give him credit for, but if he is as good as you profess why has he only ever been appointed to lower level clubs, clubs looking for survival and then subsequently hounded out with the hope of never being seen again? In his 40 years in football you have thought someone would have given him a chance considering what you've said and have been saying over the past few weeks, or is the entire world wrong?

November 29, 2017, 03:15:59 PM
Reply #3034

sirblue57

A proud evertonian today

Half a brain? Oh you mean Sammy Lee? Ok
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 29, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
Reply #3035

therealdunc

Iím not after a reaction, been a big fan of sam Allardyce for years as one of my fiends who pioneered research into sports science told me Big Sam was the only premier league and championship manager to not only take an interest but offered to part fund his studies.

My friend got to work with him for a few months and then went onto Work with 4 other Premier league clubs, 2 championship and 1 league 2 club.
He said Big Sams preparation and tactical insight was by far the best, he had the opposition researched in major detail and his own players drilled on a plan A, B, C, D, etc

He said no other manager including a very famous one at Man Utd never demanded and ensured the same level of preparation of both tactics and players physical needs.

On a side note, heís never been given the chance at a big club with ambition.
This is very much his time.

He has suffered unfairly from mud slinging from the London press, and sadly many of our fans have believed the lies.

There was only an article on the echo website yesterday that dismissed many of the myths and lies spread on this very forum.

Big Sam will take us places. With 2 transfer windows between now and next season, he will have us very competitive and a trophy on the way.
Blue

November 29, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
Reply #3036

sirblue57

Iím not after a reaction, been a big fan of sam Allardyce for years as one of my fiends who pioneered research into sports science told me Big Sam was the only premier league and championship manager to not only take an interest but offered to part fund his studies.

My friend got to work with him for a few months and then went onto Work with 4 other Premier league clubs, 2 championship and 1 league 2 club.
He said Big Sams preparation and tactical insight was by far the best, he had the opposition researched in major detail and his own players drilled on a plan A, B, C, D, etc

He said no other manager including a very famous one at Man Utd never demanded and ensured the same level of preparation of both tactics and players physical needs.

On a side note, heís never been given the chance at a big club with ambition.
This is very much his time.

He has suffered unfairly from mud slinging from the London press, and sadly many of our fans have believed the lies.

There was only an article on the echo website yesterday that dismissed many of the myths and lies spread on this very forum.

Big Sam will take us places. With 2 transfer windows between now and next season, he will have us very competitive and a trophy on the way.

Was the reason for his sacking from England set-up media bias? Or just plain stupidity/greed?

November 29, 2017, 03:31:28 PM
Reply #3037

Rodenplav64

It shows all the ambition of playing safe with the fat bird rather tackling her fit mate .

November 29, 2017, 03:33:41 PM
Reply #3038

therealdunc

It shows all the ambition of playing safe with the fat bird rather tackling her fit mate .
Joey Barton analogy, I like it
Blue

November 29, 2017, 03:35:13 PM
Reply #3039

Macca77

6 million a year, just let that sink in, that's more than the likes of Zidane and Simeone, he will be one of the highest paid managers in world football.

He must think all his Christmases have come at once

November 29, 2017, 03:38:25 PM
Reply #3040

therealdunc

Moyes was the worlds 13th highest paid manager at Evertonís he achieved nothing but dull predicatable boring negative football

Blue

November 29, 2017, 03:42:58 PM
Reply #3041

sirblue57

Moyes was the worlds 13th highest paid manager at Evertonís he achieved nothing but dull predicatable boring negative football

Turned this club round despite Bills financial acumen and failures. Brought some quality players in for peanuts. Totally under appreciated. Oh, and walked out if the FA with a smile after being charged with a bullshit charge after that derby.  Left a bad taste when he left. Bit still head and shoulders over SA for me.

November 29, 2017, 03:44:28 PM
Reply #3042

sirblue57

And I remember watching some of Sam's football...barely above hoofball.so give his CV a rest.

November 29, 2017, 03:44:58 PM
Reply #3043

Macca77

As oppose to what Allardyce has achieved then? Nothing at all and horrible hoofball football

November 29, 2017, 03:46:25 PM
Reply #3044

Rhys

Without turning this into a Moyes debate as they were annoying 4 years ago...he was paid that amount of money because without his consistent finishes we'd have been in financial meltdown so he was worth paying that for for. As with allardyce if we had had him back then when the banks were circling and paid him highly, he'd kept us finishing in positions which meant the club could keep running without selling all the best players every summer he'd have been worth it.

Now we are in a different position where we are looking for something different. We paid koeman 6.5m a year because we challenged him with getting us along side those elite teams above us not to keep us stable. That's the reason he got sacked because that wasn't looking likely. If we are paying someone 6m a year I'd want it to be on someone who has a chance of pushing us into the elite, that's our aim.

You make a good point about Sams sports science stuff though, he was cutting edge and really bought into it and got a lot out of his players. A big big reason why he got Bolton in the top 8 3 seasons in a row. But also might be a reason why now he just gets jobs seen to be keeping people up? Maybe now everyone does that his big advantage he did have has gone so he is just a safety first organiser?