Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 158628 times)

March 05, 2018, 09:18:34 PM
Reply #3180

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Has this been anywhere other than the Daily star?

I saw it everywhere but the Daily Star, but then it's probably just everyone else copying the Daily Star.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

March 05, 2018, 09:20:53 PM
Reply #3181

kramer0

I don't buy the Wenger link but it would certainly be representative of a couple of big things we've gotten wrong since Moshiri took over:

- Targeting personnel based on what they've done in the past and not taking enough time to project how they'll do in the future.
- Focusing primarily on targets from within the league and putting a premium on Premier League experience.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:30:35 PM by kramer0 »

March 05, 2018, 09:28:17 PM
Reply #3182

School of Science

When Wenger is sacked / resigns from Arsenal the chances are he will move upstairs, to be a DOF / President or just a director at Arsenal. Wrong type of manager and we are the wrong type of club for him at this present time. Said it before,  we should try and get Fonseca, whether he fucks us off or not at least try and get him. Right now to get rid of Sam I'd have Benitez, won't go down well on here I know.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 05, 2018, 09:30:58 PM
Reply #3183

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're all desperate for anyone but Sam.

I'd take an ashtray instead of sam right now.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

March 05, 2018, 09:33:15 PM
Reply #3184

Evertonian in NC

I think we're all desperate for anyone but Sam.

I'd take an ashtray instead of sam right now.

What do you have against my random Scouse alleycat?  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 05, 2018, 10:32:07 PM
Reply #3185

Toddacelli

I don't buy the Wenger link but it would certainly be representative of a few big things we've gotten wrong since Moshiri took over:

- Targeting personnel based on what they've done in the past and not taking enough time to project how they'll do in the future.
- Focusing primarily on targets from within the league and putting a premium on Premier League experience.

This 100%

Cannot see him wanting to come here or us wanting him to come here. Only link is previous work with Moshiri, which, as we know, is enough for papertalk. I would expect him at 68 yo with a lot of success on his record, to move into a DoF role or even the French national side at some point as they are both less intensive that setting up every 4 or 5 days for a must win game.

As a manager he represents the past and at this stage, we are still trying to realise a positive vision of the future for Everton.

Having said all that...      how fucking Everton would it be...?       shakeyheadman

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 05, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
Reply #3186

Heisenberg

I dont want anyone who's been in the prem previously. I cant think of one manager other than Poch that has moved to another prem club and done well in recent history. Its time we use the scouting network/DoF because our current method of 'prem proven' with both managers and players has been a shambles and a very expensive one, that war chest is going to dry up eventually if things dont change

March 05, 2018, 10:53:06 PM
Reply #3187

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
When Wenger is sacked / resigns from Arsenal the chances are he will move upstairs, to be a DOF / President or just a director at Arsenal. Wrong type of manager and we are the wrong type of club for him at this present time. Said it before,  we should try and get Fonseca, whether he fucks us off or not at least try and get him. Right now to get rid of Sam I'd have Benitez, won't go down well on here I know.
My like was before I read the last sentence...Still worth a like but please Not Benitez

March 05, 2018, 11:07:54 PM
Reply #3188

Cereal Killer

I dont want anyone who's been in the prem previously. I cant think of one manager other than Poch that has moved to another prem club and done well in recent history. Its time we use the scouting network/DoF because our current method of 'prem proven' with both managers and players has been a shambles and a very expensive one, that war chest is going to dry up eventually if things dont change

I'm pretty sure using our DoF would throw up Pardew, Redknapp and Warnock  :whistle:

March 05, 2018, 11:30:02 PM
Reply #3189

Waltzer

I'm pretty sure using our DoF would throw up Pardew, Redknapp and Warnock  :whistle:

Could argue it would still be an improvement, id actually love to watch some of Redknapps attacking play compared to the crap served up now

March 06, 2018, 03:17:41 PM
Reply #3190

Jamokachi

Barry Glendenning with a little endorsement of Arteta on yesterday's Guardian podcast @TheRam

March 06, 2018, 05:38:50 PM
Reply #3191

Rodenplav64

My Fulham supporter buddy from Canadia will hunt me down and murder me.

One of the things I like is that he is against someone who he has no dealings with and sits in the Directors box having the final say on transfers . He wants a say in the type of player and the position he needs him for and ultimately a say in if he thinks he is good enough . He is hands on but places his trust and his own coaching ability in youngsters . Shit on after getting Watford promoted and he has done really well with a team he initially told the Fulham board was not strong enough . He added that he had faith in his ability to coach them but the board needed to back him in the transfer market and not sell Sessengnon and Cairney . No way he is the Everton type but I like him anyway .

March 07, 2018, 03:16:22 AM
Reply #3192

Toffee1

Unai Emery looks like he is under pressure at PSG but will probably be linked with jobs like Arsenal.

March 07, 2018, 03:30:43 AM
Reply #3193

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like I'm back on the big Unai express.

March 07, 2018, 03:32:18 AM
Reply #3194

blue slug

I’ll go fucking mad if we end up with another British dinosaur