Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168955 times)

March 11, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
Reply #3225

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think silva would be very good here.

You mean if he stayed more than a few months?

Still, if we got him, at least it would be for a ton less than the 15 mill we were prepared to pay a few months ago.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 11, 2018, 08:07:37 PM
Reply #3226

BlueMaquis

You mean if he stayed more than a few months?

Is Silva known to leave clubs voluntarily or something? I have no idea of his history.

March 11, 2018, 08:08:23 PM
Reply #3227

Mayor Farnum

I'm not sure if there's been any opportunities for Silva to take over another club since his sacking but it's very quiet around him which may be interpreted as he has something lined up. I hope it's not us.

March 11, 2018, 08:12:08 PM
Reply #3228

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is Silva known to leave clubs voluntarily or something? I have no idea of his history.

Either quits or gets sacked. 4 different clubs in 4 years. His first appointment he spent longest at. I just don't think he's any good for stability reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Silva

The Sporting sacking is quite funny, although you'd have to think there was some deeper reason to be sacked than the excuse of not wearing a suit.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 11, 2018, 08:18:17 PM
Reply #3229

plumber

I can't think any reason we should go for Silva except he's not Allardyce. That should not be the case. Every manager except Allardyce is not Allardyce.

March 11, 2018, 09:19:44 PM
Reply #3230

KoemansNumberTens

Hes very disloyal is Silva. It would have suited us but a manager trying to leave after about a third of a season is pretty out of order. Couldnt rightly give a fuck but youd have to worry about him doing exactly the same to us too. Also is he really any good. Theres a lot of hype and not really that much substance

March 11, 2018, 09:24:23 PM
Reply #3231

Shogun

Administrator
Why is he disloyal, exactly?

Spent three years at Estoril.

‘Sacked’ at Sporting after a year for not wearing the club suit (yeah).

Quit at Olympiakos after a year.

Saw out his contract at Hull, who were only willing to give him a six month contract (loyalty works both ways).

Sacked from Watford.

So he’s voluntarily left one out of his five manager jobs.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 11, 2018, 09:43:39 PM
Reply #3232

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Either quits or gets sacked. 4 different clubs in 4 years. His first appointment he spent longest at. I just don't think he's any good for stability reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Silva

The Sporting sacking is quite funny, although you'd have to think there was some deeper reason to be sacked than the excuse of not wearing a suit.
Doesn't make me confident that he is the one to go for . Looks a bit like this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Fonseca

March 11, 2018, 09:59:16 PM
Reply #3233

Mayor Farnum

There's not many clubs above us that would be interested in him so the chances of him leaving for greener pastures diminishes.

March 11, 2018, 10:27:15 PM
Reply #3234

Ross

Given the fact that this squad needs some urgent attention to its defensive positions in the summer I’m far from convinced that Silva is the right person looking at his record.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 11, 2018, 11:05:28 PM
Reply #3235

Evertonian in NC

Will be gettable I think as well, don’t think top clubs will fancy him.

Fonseca for me tho, força the juego de positión blues

This, I see an acceptable spectrum, from the giddy heights of Fonseca all the way down to "well, at least we got Silva, he should be more entertaining and reasonably effective if we don't fuck with him."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 11, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
Reply #3236

SANA_DR0

used to love watching Fonseca play, such a class striker...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Fonseca
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 11, 2018, 11:25:54 PM
Reply #3237

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fifteen year career, two hundred games
Waste that. Huge talent
Simply simply lovely

March 12, 2018, 02:36:17 AM
Reply #3238

Bluedylan

I'd be happy with Silva, personally. Fonseca does look impressive as well. I think Silva needs to find the right club to settle at, and build something with. We have money, and a decent squad (as demonstrated yesterday), but we need a clear direction and something to get behind, and I think Silva is the kind of candidate who would relish the challenge of taking us forward.

I understand there are some misgivings, and some of them are legitimate (in my view), while others aren't. Comparisons with Martinez (because they're both Iberian) are cheap and lazy, so I've got no time for that. But I do think it's reasonable to question the way he's moved around a lot, and also to question the way things went downhill at Watford.

But overall, from watching his teams play (and in my view, overachieve), and then reading about his tactical knowledge, his attention to detail and the devotion his players have shown towards him, I think he's an impressive guy who will eventually settle somewhere are do really, really well and hopefully that could be with us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 12, 2018, 02:47:55 AM
Reply #3239

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we were interested in him before, I'm really not sure why we haven't gone for him now. There's clearly no reason to stick with Fat Sam if he isn't the future. Surely it would be better to get him in now, bed in for the final 8 games of the season, work out who he wants and doesn't, and then plan for the next season.

Unless the plan isn't to go for him afterall.