Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167648 times)

March 12, 2018, 03:10:10 AM
Reply #3240

Evertonian in NC

If we were interested in him before, I'm really not sure why we haven't gone for him now. There's clearly no reason to stick with Fat Sam if he isn't the future. Surely it would be better to get him in now, bed in for the final 8 games of the season, work out who he wants and doesn't, and then plan for the next season.

Unless the plan isn't to go for him afterall.

Perhaps he wants some time off to breathe, or perhaps we want to feel out Fonseca (or someone else) first.  He could still be on the short list, just not a shoo-in.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 12, 2018, 03:32:53 AM
Reply #3241

TheTone

Big Marco got a tune out of Niasse so for that reason alone I'm in

March 12, 2018, 04:06:21 AM
Reply #3242

SANA_DR0

Fifteen year career, two hundred games
Waste that. Huge talent

i used to love watching him in seria A(was pretty good for Cagliari, Napoli and Roma) and in Europe... i wish he was related to the Shakhtars Fonseca.. Uruguay amnd Portugal...

Italy/Seria A had the best strikers back then.. Bati-Gol is the best finisher i have ever seen play and my favorite player of all time.

come and manage Everton Gabrielle!! (sorry had to relate this post to the thread)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

March 12, 2018, 06:07:27 AM
Reply #3243

Jamokachi

If we were interested in him before, I'm really not sure why we haven't gone for him now. There's clearly no reason to stick with Fat Sam if he isn't the future. Surely it would be better to get him in now, bed in for the final 8 games of the season, work out who he wants and doesn't, and then plan for the next season.

Unless the plan isn't to go for him afterall.

There may be a clause in his severance that he can't take another job until the summer, or more specifically the Everton job. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case, given the song and dance Watford made when sacking him.

March 12, 2018, 06:14:54 AM
Reply #3244

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There may be a clause in his severance that he can't take another job until the summer, or more specifically the Everton job. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case, given the song and dance Watford made when sacking him.
Good point. Fingers crossed thatís the case then.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

March 12, 2018, 06:18:03 AM
Reply #3245

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be that guy and throw Bielsa's name in the hat.

March 12, 2018, 06:29:41 AM
Reply #3246

sam of the south

I'll be that guy and throw Bielsa's name in the hat.

The choice of hipsters and mentalists.

Iím in.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 12, 2018, 07:34:15 AM
Reply #3247

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I am still all in for Arteta.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 12, 2018, 11:39:54 AM
Reply #3248

bluenuck

I can't take it anymore.

Who's the guy who voted for mark Hughes?

March 12, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
Reply #3249

TheTone

I can't take it anymore.

Who's the guy who voted for mark Hughes?

Common knowledge that Mark Hughes himself logs on here and votes for himself

March 12, 2018, 08:26:03 PM
Reply #3250

American Evertonian

I don't imagine they could add a clause to his contract before firing him - so a clause specifically mentioning Everton seems doubtful. Only way they could is if Silva agreed to it, but I see no reason why he would.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 12, 2018, 10:29:59 PM
Reply #3251

dazfrancis

Kevin Campbell is a better manager than Guardiola

March 12, 2018, 11:23:28 PM
Reply #3252

Morta75

Not much reported recently about Silva that I have seen. However, I can see this scenario possibly happening - win next week against Stoke and reach the 40 points, Allardyce, is told thank you and let go. I then see Silva being appointed for the rest of the season, with a view to seeing what players he wants to keep and then preparing for the summer recruitment/new season.
If  the choices ends up with either Silva or continue with Big Sam I would prefer to see they promote Unsy again and give him the chance...

March 12, 2018, 11:50:36 PM
Reply #3253

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

March 13, 2018, 12:04:56 AM
Reply #3254

Evertonian in NC

So this means Fonseca is deffo ours, yeah?  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin