Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167728 times)

October 23, 2017, 08:05:01 PM
Read 167728 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Relegation spot. Crisis. Need to be saved.
Hello Sam.😉
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 24, 2017, 02:44:29 AM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Every appointment is a gamble. It maybe fun for us  saying we want this one or that one but we don't have a clue what really goes on behind the scenes.

Personally I think it all went wrong in Ellesmere Port that night.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 25, 2017, 10:20:48 PM
Reply #2

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It's a strange thing that when we all discuss future managers/signings we never seem to allow for the constraints that they worked under before or allow for the fact that players play differently under different managers. Sometimes better sometimes worse. Like him or hate him Allardyce is a great example of making the most with what he has. Doesn't mean he can go on and succeed by spending billions. Pulis is another one. Mourinho has won it all but looked a bit lost when he had to turn around a failing team at Chelsea rather than taking on an established team.
Overall I don't think the signings we have made are too bad and I expect most of them to improve under a new manager.
Personally I'm really surprised at Koeman's teams looking so disorganised and unstructured as my only reservation before he came was that whilst I expected us to be better I wondered if we would become one of those teams where we were very good at what we did but totally predictable. Like Chelsea under Mourinho first time around. 
The other thing that has really stood out in the last few weeks (as things more publicly broke down) is how important it is for a manager to have enough insight into human nature to be able to be flexible in bringing out the best in players. No matter how much we speculate about the forthcoming appointment that is something that fans will know little about as most of what happens stays in the dressing rooms.
You look at some apparently miserable so and sos' on the tele but they must have something different and better off the screen!
Here's hoping we get it right this time! I want a mixture of Conte (for the fans) Ferguson for the team and Allardyce for the attitude. Applications to EFC!

October 27, 2017, 12:43:21 AM
Reply #3

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth for the season. Then splash the cash on a big manager. One who can attract players who has contacts to do so. Pay overs for him but  MAKE IT THE RIGHT CHOICE.

The next appointment is crucial. Get this one wrong money or not could set us back another 5 years.
You never know who the right choice is until you look back! Every club has made 'the right choice' only to discover it wasn't! !☺

November 15, 2017, 10:51:03 PM
Reply #4

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce saying he pulled out because we were indecisive.

November 30, 2017, 11:36:44 PM
Reply #5

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Seems to me a managerial appointment is a complete shot in the dark especially in the Premier League, there are so many factors that could make it successful or make it fail. I don't think any owner or chairman has a clue just luck of the drawer.

Promoting from within, next big thing, under the radar, safe pair of hands there appears to be no magic bullet.

Spouting common sense on here will make you few friends.☺