Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 157668 times)

November 06, 2017, 03:53:14 AM
Reply #45

Waltzer

At FF they're all sure Dyche is done
Hope people at FF don't know their ass from their elbow.  I
f it is him then so be it, I'll get behind him even though I think its not right for us, or the direction we should be going

November 06, 2017, 02:22:53 PM
Reply #46

Waltzer

The result was huge yesterday but I hope Moshiri doesnt get caught up in the moment and appoint Unsworth, we need someone with much more experience. Unsworth has done some good things, especially in changing games with subs etc, the issue I have is that they were all needed cause he set the team up initially all wrong. Its almost like hes trying to do something knowing that it wont work and as soon as he realises it isnt working he changes it completely and then we kick on, strange. I dont know if hes under pressure to play certain players but the whole makeup seems strange at present

November 06, 2017, 09:23:33 PM
Reply #47

Waltzer

I see West Ham have pretty much appointed Moyes now with it due to be finalised tomorrow. Am I the only one that finds it a little disconcerting that we still seem to be no closer to making an appointment? Why have others acted decisively yet its been a fair few weeks now and lots of speculating but little substance for us, surely the board would have sounded out individuals to see about availability and interest before deciding to pull the trigger on Koeman?
Dont get me wrong im not saying I want to be like West Ham but on this occasion it looked like they had a clear plan and have actioned it quickly to give them the best opportunity, where as we appear to be floundering somewhat?

November 06, 2017, 09:29:16 PM
Reply #48

Waltzer

Id rather take our time than rush into a shite appointment, sadly it looks like we are taking our time on deciding on a shit appointment
Yep, its a difficult one as you dont want all of your clubs plans laid out in the paper but on this occasion I wouldn't mind a statement like 'we're taking out time to appoint, but can confirm that Dyche or Big Sam arent in the running', just to ease my fears.

November 07, 2017, 06:49:34 PM
Reply #49

Waltzer

Now this is more like it, rather this than Dyche/Allardyce talk, even if it probably wont come off!!

Everton news: Diego Simeone is Toffees' No 1 choice as next manager - Kaveh Solhekol

EVERTON want to appoint Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone as their new manager, according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol.
Everton have been without a manager since sacking Ronald Koeman last month.

Former Toffees defender David Unsworth has taken charge of the last four matches, winning one and losing the other three.

Sam Allardyce is the bookies favourite to take over at Goodison Park but now it seems Simeone is on their shortlist.

Solhekol says it is unlikely Everton will be able to prise the Argentine away from Atletico but he is their “dream” appointment.

“Everton working hard behind the scenes to find a new manager,” Solhekol said.
“We understand they’re working on four options at the moment.

“The one that’s really, really interesting, the dream candidate we’re being told is Diego Simeone the Atletico Madrid manager.

“We understand he is the No 1 choice of Everton’s owner Farhad Moshiri, a man who has a lot of money. He’s the man who Moshiri wants.

“Of course it’s going to be very, very difficult to get Diego Simeone out of Atletico Madrid.
“A club who are unbeaten in La Liga, I think they’re fourth in the table. They’re not doing great in the Champions League at the moment, they’re in the same group as Chelsea and Roma.

“But he is Farhad Moshiri’s dream candidate. It would be very surprising to see him at Everton but Farhad Moshiri is a very rich man, he wants the best for Everton.

“He thinks that Diego Simeone would be the right man for the job.”

The three other managers Solhekol says are on Everton's shortlist are Sam Allardyce, Unsworth and Watford boss Marco Silva.

November 07, 2017, 07:16:15 PM
Reply #50

Waltzer

How is that "more like it"?

1) It's never going to happen so why even waste time pretending it might?

2) It makes Moshiri (if true) look so fucking delusional that it's actually a major concern.

3) Everyone up and down the country will read that and laugh out loud.

Phuck it then lets just sign Big Sam and be happy with mediocrity for ever, actually lets just give up full stop?

You're right it probably wont ever happen but until you ask who knows, id rather get turned down by Simeone and every other manager that you deem is too good for us than not ask the question on the off chance one of them might say yes. Who really cares what people think, I actually think news stories like this raise our profile, it shows ambition that weve been lacking for soooo many years.

What do you think people will laugh harder at, us going for Simeone or ending up with Allardyce?

November 07, 2017, 07:26:43 PM
Reply #51

Waltzer

They’ll get a double laugh when we go for Simeone and end up with Allerdyce.

So what, weve been a laughing stock most of my life, imagine their faces if it did come off? If you dont buy a ticket you aint winning the lottery!

November 07, 2017, 07:50:49 PM
Reply #52

Waltzer

If there is even a 10% chance of this happening in the Summer, give the season to Unsworth and wait

Id happily take Allardyce until the summer if this was an option

November 07, 2017, 08:04:36 PM
Reply #53

Waltzer

We've gone full West Ham.

Never go full West Ham

As much as i dont think this will happen, the optimist in me thinks he cant completely of ruled it out. I expect for this news to come out there must have been dialogue with some parties and the fact it states were still interested, but something might be possible in the summer if not now gives me hope?

West Ham interest was 'West Ham have been blown out by everyone' and this came within 24 hours of sacking Bilic and appointing Moyes.

November 07, 2017, 10:04:54 PM
Reply #54

Waltzer

MADRID-BASED JOURNALIST GIVES DEVELOPMENT ON REPORTED EVERTON INTEREST IN DIEGO SIMEONE

Everton will not hire Diego Simeone as their next manager, according to a reliable journalist.

Madrid-based reporter Dermot Corrigan, who writes for ESPN, claimed on his personal Twitter account on Tuesday that Simeone, 47, will not be the man to replace Ronald Koeman at Goodison Park, quoting a tweet featuring that news story.

Dermot Corrigan ✔@dermotmcorrigan
This is not, repeat not, going to happen https://twitter.com/LivEchoEFC/status/927905957664960514

Corrigan, who locates himself as being in Madrid on his Twitter profile, detailed the development later in the day after Sky Sports’ Kaveh Solkehol reported on his personal Twitter account that the Atletico Madrid manager was wanted by Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri.

Simeone is widely seen as one of the outstanding managers in European football where he has led Atletico to multiple Champions League finals and most famously broke the Real Madrid and Barcelona duopoly by winning the 2013/14 La Liga title.

He has been in charge of Atleti since 2011, a year where he went through three jobs including Italian side Catania and Argentinean club Racing Club.

November 13, 2017, 02:26:34 PM
Reply #55

Waltzer

Really need to see some progress with this in the coming days.

It’s not like Koeman just walked out, the writing was on the wall long before he left. We’ve had weeks to line someone up.

I think its becoming quite embarrassing, its almost like we didnt have a plan at all. You'd have thought they would have put some time and effort into sourcing a new manager, or at least finding out if certain parties were interested before pulling the trigger on Koeman.

November 13, 2017, 04:21:14 PM
Reply #56

Waltzer

Or is it better to weigh things up for a few more weeks see how Unsworth gets on now there are some more winnable games coming up to get a better view on him to assess if there is a need to rush an appointment?

Maybe I'm more relaxed about it as I dont buy into the hype it is a relegation battle when there are only 11 games gone and that 7th is still more than possible but I wouldnt be keen on the club just getting someone done because of the position we are in and doing more damage over the next 18 months than waiting a few weeks to decide what to do that could potentially put the club in a better direction.

Im not overly concerned about relegation but I think the point you've made is the reason why its the perfect time to get a new manager in, there are some games coming up you'd expect us to win. Unsworth has done okay at best, the Watford game was a good result, but could easily have gone the other way. If we lose these win-able games we could be in the s**t even more than we are and clearly the board dont rate Unsworth that much as there has been no indication that they see him as anything other than a stop gap. We should have got a manager in by now to give him the opportunity to get his views across

November 13, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
Reply #57

Waltzer

Also valid point. I guess it all depends on who they are speaking to and what the options actually are right now and also if they were speaking to people they thought were the right person but couldnt get them until the summer for whatever reason. I'm probably on the side of lets wait a few weeks to see how Unsy does because I'm not sold on the people who seem to be most likely to get it right now.

I agree. Lets assume they were after Ancelotti but he has indicated he wont sign until his Bayern contract expires in the summer then fine, give it to Unsworth, Big Sam, whoever. Im just surprised in such a huge organisation even the most complex of managerial situations would take in excess of 3 weeks to conclude.
Lets be fair the people we have been linked with are either out of contract, are employed by the club or have a clear buy out clause (or are unrealistic and were wasting our time), it shouldn't be that hard. I think it all points to a bit of a power struggle in the board if im being honest.

November 13, 2017, 06:23:18 PM
Reply #58

Waltzer

I think if i was a manager in an alright position I would just think - nah, jobs there for me at the end of the year if they stay up, no point moving now and maybe tanking.

See id be thinking 'im with Watford and ive got the chance to join one of the biggest teams in the Country, will I get a better opportunity than this and can I afford to wait?' Thats assuming Silva is one of the options.

November 13, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Reply #59

Waltzer

There will be bigger jobs on the table than Everton at the end of the year and I think he knows it.

Not if they carry on in their current form, lost their last 4. Watford have sacked managers with better records. Would you want to risk it knowing you could probably double your wages?