Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 53174 times)

boothill, GrantyBoy78, van der Meyde, Topper, Alanvideo, bigmanbob, pjk, brap2 and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 27, 2017, 12:21:21 AM
Reply #465

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yes and my heart has changed, i dont think Silva will come now.

He's said as much
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 12:22:51 AM
Reply #466

boothill

Poch, Ranieri, Benitez. There's probably others I'm forgetting.

Name some English managers who've done really well, apart from the cloggers who keep teams up until their own fans eventually grow to despise them because they can't bear to watch horrendous football and Gareth McCauley being the top scorer at the club.
Benitez hit the ground running with a very good squad,been all over europe since and done nowt, even with los blancos, poch aint won nowt, and ranieri, the biggest upset ever, then sacked a couple of months later. Not saying stay english read my post, just saying its not all about bring foriegners in and it will be all ok

October 27, 2017, 12:30:30 AM
Reply #467

boothill

Benitez hit the ground running with a very good squad,been all over europe since and done nowt, even with los blancos, poch aint won nowt, and ranieri, the biggest upset ever, then sacked a couple of months later. Not saying stay english read my post, just saying its not all about bring foriegners in and it will be all ok
Did to a good caretaker job at chelsea as did di matteo. But i reckon mike walker could have too with that squad

October 27, 2017, 12:33:40 AM
Reply #468

kramer0

I think we spend way too much time worrying about what prospective players and managers have done in the past. Yeah, it's nice to see a track record, but it's hardly the best indicator of future success.

Players/managers who fit the club's culture and have demonstrated potential will always be more valuable than players/managers who don't tick either box but have done some boss stuff elsewhere.

October 27, 2017, 12:39:42 AM
Reply #469

BlueNoseMike

I think we spend way too much time worrying about what prospective players and managers have done in the past. Yeah, it's nice to see a track record, but it's hardly the best indicator of future success.

Players/managers who fit the club's culture and have demonstrated potential will always be more valuable than players/managers who don't tick either box but have done some boss stuff elsewhere.

You're pretty clued up on overseas football. Anyone there or on these shores that stands out to you as the one to go for? Do you have a few you'd be happy with? Are you happy with Unsworth to go with it for the season?

October 27, 2017, 12:43:21 AM
Reply #470

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth for the season. Then splash the cash on a big manager. One who can attract players who has contacts to do so. Pay overs for him but  MAKE IT THE RIGHT CHOICE.

The next appointment is crucial. Get this one wrong money or not could set us back another 5 years.
You never know who the right choice is until you look back! Every club has made 'the right choice' only to discover it wasn't! !☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 27, 2017, 12:43:46 AM
Reply #471

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People do realise Tuchel did a very good job before Dortmund, don't they?

October 27, 2017, 12:48:05 AM
Reply #472

boothill

People do realise Tuchel did a very good job before Dortmund, don't they?
No better than moyes done with us

October 27, 2017, 12:48:55 AM
Reply #473

kramer0

You're pretty clued up on overseas football. Anyone there or on these shores that stands out to you as the one to go for? Do you have a few you'd be happy with? Are you happy with Unsworth to go with it for the season?

In a vacuum, I like Tuchel. I just don't know if he's a good fit, mostly because I have no idea what the balance of power is between Moshiri/Kenwright/Walsh/the manager. I think I'd want a more organized backroom structure before making a play for someone like him.

As long as he continues to come up with coherent game plans and motivate the players, I think Unsworth is the best choice for the rest of the season.

October 27, 2017, 12:49:10 AM
Reply #474

Bluedylan

No-one said it was all about foreigners making it all ok, so you've made that argument up in your own head. It's about who is the best manager for the club. And most of the best managers are 'foreigners'. That's just the reality of the situation.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 27, 2017, 12:58:30 AM
Reply #475

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No better than moyes done with us

Wins away to Bayern and a progressive brand of football.

Then moving to Dortmund and winning a trophy.

October 27, 2017, 12:59:01 AM
Reply #476

boothill

No-one said it was all about foreigners making it all ok, so you've made that argument up in your own head. It's about who is the best manager for the club. And most of the best managers are 'foreigners'. That's just the reality of the situation.
Ive not seen 1 post promoting a british manager/coach, so im not making anything up, speaking from experience , our last 2 managers have been foriegn and its gone badly wrong. As with a host of clubs in the league. They are only as good as the squad they inherit or put together, even jose got the bullet and hes the top dog

October 27, 2017, 01:00:55 AM
Reply #477

dazfrancis

Anyone else not really excited by the thought of any of the candidates?

I'm probably more excited by Unsworth and that is mostly me thinking with my heart not my head

October 27, 2017, 01:01:19 AM
Reply #478

boothill

Ram, 1 cup with probably the 2nd biggest club in germany ?

October 27, 2017, 01:03:09 AM
Reply #479

kramer0

A lot of strategic versatility, too.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/tuchel-modern-tactics-mainz05/

He's not purely into counter-pressing like Klopp or Schmidt.