Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 43530 times)

Sir Stealth, kramer0 and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 30, 2017, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #600

Lazarou

Can you suggest a more suitable alternative?
A good point who else is there with a proven record of sorting out a shower of shite? I don't like the bloke or his tactics but we need someone who knows a thing or two about these situations, in the short term at least.

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 02:28:04 AM
Reply #601

KoemansNumberTens

I take it Barton doesn't rate Unworth too much:

He said of Unsworth: I used to watch him as an Evertonian and he was the most immobile left-back I've ever seen. He's not a manager, he doesn't look like one.

I watched him waddling on to the coach. How can you get players to exert themselves physically when you're out of shape?

He's a glorified PE teacher who shouldn't be in charge of a men's team. Look at him on the touchline... he's more like a steward.

Opinion worth the square route of fuck all. Not a good player and chubby possibly right to some extent on both but that actually means nothing in terms of the job he's doing now.
its just complete nonsense.

October 30, 2017, 02:28:32 AM
Reply #602

Macca77

Can you suggest a more suitable alternative?

Unsworth, Royle, even Moyes! Anyone but Allardyce, struggling to see any reason why anyone would want him here, awful manager

October 30, 2017, 02:29:37 AM
Reply #603

KoemansNumberTens

Like Michael Keane, Wayne Rooney or Gylfi Sigurdsson?

That's absolutely been our problem. We went proven and not good enough. All risk no reward

October 30, 2017, 02:32:18 AM
Reply #604

Mayor Farnum

Unsworth, Royle, even Moyes! Anyone but Allardyce, struggling to see any reason why anyone would want him here, awful manager

What is awful about him compared to those you have mentioned. And when did Evertonians get all precious about style of play? we don't even stay to the end of matches if we are losing.

October 30, 2017, 02:32:47 AM
Reply #605

KoemansNumberTens

Whys Moyes better. He looks broken now. Failed in his last 3 jobs. I actually like alladyce. His teams are almost always better than they have been and better than they should be. I don't know how anyone can watch the shite we've watched recently and sneer at a manager with a track record.

October 30, 2017, 02:33:43 AM
Reply #606

gizzblue

What is awful about him compared to those you have mentioned. And when did Evertonians get all precious about style of play? we don't even stay to the end of matches if we are losing.
Some don't I resent the we .😉

October 30, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
Reply #607

Macca77

So you'll be happy with hoof ball footy then, happy with Pickford taking free kicks from inside our opponents half? Hes a horrible manager, one dimensional

October 30, 2017, 02:58:09 AM
Reply #608

Macca77

Whys Moyes better. He looks broken now. Failed in his last 3 jobs. I actually like alladyce. His teams are almost always better than they have been and better than they should be. I don't know how anyone can watch the shite we've watched recently and sneer at a manager with a track record.

Track record, what track record would that be then?

October 30, 2017, 03:00:34 AM
Reply #609

TheTone

So you'll be happy with hoof ball footy then, happy with Pickford taking free kicks from inside our opponents half? Hes a horrible manager, one dimensional

who did you vote for lid? went Silva myself

fucking lottery though at this stage

if we lose to Watford I can see the Big Sam shouts gaining momentum

October 30, 2017, 03:02:46 AM
Reply #610

GrantyBoy78

Honestly, after watching that game against Leicester, I'm starting to think It doesn't matter who we bring in. He will be given one of the worst back lines in the game and no Striker.

We're really fucked here.
Ive been saying for a while now that the squad just isnt that good. The majority of teams weve played have better players. Leicester have better players and more options.

October 30, 2017, 03:03:01 AM
Reply #611

Macca77

who did you vote for lid? went Silva myself

fucking lottery though at this stage

if we lose to Watford I can see the Big Sam shouts gaining momentum

Honestly right now I have no idea, but I do know that big Sam isn't for us

October 30, 2017, 03:07:46 AM
Reply #612

GrantyBoy78

Even after two games unsy seems to prefer the majority of the players that he had at some stage in his u23 squad.  I know we can't judge him on 2 games but I just have a feeling he is slightly out of his depth.  He is relying on players that he knows well which is fair enough but for me personally I didn't see any improvement in the performance today. 

Yes we played well on Wednesday night but we have to remember the majority of those Chelsea players are nowhere near the 1st team squad.  Rome wasn't built in a day but I think we need an top manager and can't afford to take a risk with Unsy at the present time, perhaps down the line but it is getting slightly worrying with a -13 goal difference.  Although not worrying enough for big Sam, we need stability but we also need ambition too.
The board wont be impressed that were playing kids that are keeping high-profile names in the bench - yet were still losing. We win a couple and its justified, we keep losing and it just makes Unsworth look as delusional as Koeman...whilst making Walsh and the board look stupid.

October 30, 2017, 03:07:55 AM
Reply #613

BatteredCornerFlag

Sod all this 'proven manager' nonsense. Hull got in Marco Silva last year. No experience. Nearly saved them and now doing ace with Watford.

I wanna see us try and get Julian Nagelsmann. He'd smash it in the Premiership.

October 30, 2017, 03:09:11 AM
Reply #614

Mayor Farnum

Ever watched our home semi v Bayern Munich? 90 minutes of corners, long throw-ins and Big Nev taking free kicks. But we won and it's soon forgotten. Football supporters don't like to admit that all they want is a winning team.

Allardyce gets the best out of what's at hand and we need that more than ever at the moment.