Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 53958 times)

boothill, Confucius and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 30, 2017, 04:29:28 AM
Reply #630

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
With Lukaku in it, yes.

I'd take Arouna Kone at the minute.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 04:36:29 AM
Reply #631

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We were after a very specific striker in the summer which reduced the number of potential targets.

We’re at the point now though where anyone half decent, of any style, will be a massive upgrade.

Also, new manager can actually work on improving players like Sandro by doing some “coaching” etc.

You do wonder how much coaching has gone on with these players. Or at least to what level. There are quite few you think would improve under an astitute, hands on manager with half decent communication skills and an identifiable way of playing. Or at the least, make them look/behave like a team.

We should hire a Chinook helicopter and drop 10 mil at Tuchel’s door at this point.

October 30, 2017, 04:42:23 AM
Reply #632

blueski

I do worry about a Tuchel or Ancellotti to be fair

They are big enough names that they could come here to a team in the relegation zone and fail here, take a massive payout from Moshiri and still get another job.

I'd say we should be getting somebody who's going to be committed enough and have enough to lose to put 110% into the job. Of course the flip side of that is a less established person has less of a track record and could find the task just too big for their skills

Massively difficult decision for Moshiri
Nil Satis

October 30, 2017, 04:42:39 AM
Reply #633

GrantyBoy78

What’s Tuchel’s style of play?

October 30, 2017, 04:46:44 AM
Reply #634

GrantyBoy78

I do worry about a Tuchel or Ancellotti to be fair

They are big enough names that they could come here to a team in the relegation zone and fail here, take a massive payout from Moshiri and still get another job.

I'd say we should be getting somebody who's going to be committed enough and have enough to lose to put 110% into the job. Of course the flip side of that is a less established person has less of a track record and could find the task just too big for their skills

Massively difficult decision for Moshiri
If we lose to Watford (assuming we haven’t made an appointment by then) then I genuinely think we’ll go for Big Sam or Dyche...and however unglamorous, they’d probably be the right people for the job.

I expect us up lose to Watford, BTW.

October 30, 2017, 04:48:14 AM
Reply #635

KoemansNumberTens

I'd take Arouna Kone at the minute.

Frighteningly he's another who's better than anything we've currently got

October 30, 2017, 04:53:16 AM
Reply #636

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

October 30, 2017, 05:36:53 AM
Reply #637

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's like Big Sam is the only manager in the world to play direct, pragmatic football.

Fucking give it a rest with this shout you crabs.

He's 63 years of age.

October 30, 2017, 06:51:42 AM
Reply #638

blueski

If we lose to Watford (assuming we haven’t made an appointment by then) then I genuinely think we’ll go for Big Sam or Dyche...and however unglamorous, they’d probably be the right people for the job.

I expect us up lose to Watford, BTW.
I have to be honest - I think both are pretty dire from a footballing standpoint and in terms of the ideal Everton should be shooting for, if that happens I would completely understand based on where we are at the moment and would have to say I'd feel like both would keep us up

Really hoping we are in a comfortable spot in March or April thinking it was a little foolish to be worried back in October

Nil Satis

October 30, 2017, 06:55:09 AM
Reply #639

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I do wonder how Joey Barton can say Unsworth can't manage because he a fat bastard, then he goes on to say we need Sam Allardyce. What the fuck?...
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 09:13:47 AM
Reply #640

bluenuck

Serious question;

How do we get Dyche in the next week or so? Because he's employed... How does that work?

October 30, 2017, 11:29:06 AM
Reply #641

Bluedylan

I find the predictable 'get Big Sam', unleash the 'dogs of war', 'Unsworth's shite' (based on a couple of difficult away games) reactions of some of our fans as depressing as anything the team is serving up to be honest.

We've got the vast majority of the season left and are still two wins from 8th. People need to get a fucking grip, stop panicking and stop assuming we have to resort to lowest common denominator football.

I'd keep Unsworth 1000 times over, before appointing Allardyce. People have written Unsworth off totally based on one half today, which is fucking ridiculous and massively knee jerk, given what a difficult situation Unsy's walked into. We put our best display of the season in a few days ago (not difficult I know).

So unbelievably kneejerk of people. Calm down and let's see how he does against Watford. Even one win at this stage could totally change the confidence and momentum of the team.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 11:44:05 AM
Reply #642

bluenuck

I find the predictable 'get Big Sam', unleash the 'dogs of war', 'Unsworth's shite' (based on a couple of difficult away games) reactions of some of our fans as depressing as anything the team is serving up to be honest.

We've got the vast majority of the season left and are still two wins from 8th. People need to get a fucking grip, stop panicking and stop assuming we have to resort to lowest common denominator football.

I'd keep Unsworth 1000 times over, before appointing Allardyce. People have written Unsworth off totally based on one half today, which is fucking ridiculous and massively knee jerk, given what a difficult situation Unsy's walked into. We put our best display of the season in a few days ago (not difficult I know).

So unbelievably kneejerk of people. Calm down and let's see how he does against Watford. Even one win at this stage could totally change the confidence and momentum of the team.

Fully agree, but playing devils advocate, people believe, and I'm starting to agree, that no progressive manager like tuchel, silva, etc. are going to want to come here and commit manager suicide with the squad we've assembled. Realistically who can we bring in and who would want to come here? Cause I just don't see an awesome manager wanting to come here right now. So we're left with allardyce or a bit Better than  moyes, Sean Dyche.

October 30, 2017, 11:52:28 AM
Reply #643

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fully agree, but playing devils advocate, people believe, and I'm starting to agree, that no progressive manager like tuchel, silva, etc. are going to want to come here and commit manager suicide with the squad we've assembled. Realistically who can we bring in and who would want to come here? Cause I just don't see an awesome manager wanting to come here right now. So we're left with allardyce or a bit Better than  moyes, Sean Dyche.

We’re only 1 game on in the league from when we sacked Koeman so I wouldn’t have thought a manager would be so short sighted as to think that because we lost that game it’s now not worth coming.

Liverpool play without a proper striker most of the time, for instance, so there are tactical approaches that can be used that are more than just getting by both short and medium term etc.

We do still have potentially solid defenders and solid CMs if used that way so again, that shouldn’t be such an inhibitor.

Need to avoid the panic that because Koeman couldn’t get his points across anymore and Unsy looks very naive, wavering from “this is the right way” to, if it wasn’t a serious situation, amusingly doing all the things that he seemed to suggest wouldn’t happen because he “gets the fans”, that we’ve got no good players in the squad at all.

We do and anyone good, working with the properly will be able to find a way of getting good performances out of them, as that’s what good coaches do.

October 30, 2017, 12:00:31 PM
Reply #644

bluenuck

We’re only 1 game on in the league from when we sacked Koeman so I wouldn’t have thought a manager would be so short sighted as to think that because we lost that game it’s now not worth coming.

Agree with most of what you said, but this. Managers looking from the outside in aren't going to be looking at one game. We've been like this for 15 or so. It's obvious that our squad is fundamentally flawed, and is a back room problem right from the start and not a managerial problem. No striker, no pace, and a bad defence.

Again, what manager in their right mind would want to commit to this? Silva has already basically laughed it off.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:01:33 PM by bluenuck »