Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168284 times)

March 08, 2018, 04:45:38 AM
Reply #3210

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves just demolished Leeds , wasn't Nuno Espirito Santo linked last year ?
Linked after koeman
Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2018, 03:03:39 PM
Reply #3211

Morta75

I know this is a long shot, but I would throw all the money we have to try and get Diego Simeone. Don't know much about this Fonseca to have an opinion... what type of football he is playing and so on!

March 11, 2018, 03:10:21 PM
Reply #3212

KoemansNumberTens

I know this is a long shot, but I would throw all the money we have to try and get Diego Simeone. Don't know much about this Fonseca to have an opinion... what type of football he is playing and so on!

We can't afford him. Wages yes but nowhere close to the budget that would tempt him here

March 11, 2018, 03:11:13 PM
Reply #3213

BlueMaquis

We can't afford him. Wages yes but nowhere close to the budget that would tempt him here

What budget does Atletico have?

March 11, 2018, 03:12:18 PM
Reply #3214

KoemansNumberTens

What budget does Atletico have?

They have a great team already. Plus his only 2 options aren't Madrid or us

March 11, 2018, 03:17:17 PM
Reply #3215

penguinofdoom1878

didnt his people sound us out though after Koeman was sacked, but said he wouldnt be willing to come until the summer

March 11, 2018, 03:35:09 PM
Reply #3216

Jamokachi

A lot of the talk on Optus Sport yesterday (during our game) was that the Silva rumours are gathering traction again. Not sure if this is something that's being reported in the UK?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:36:13 PM by Jamokachi »

March 11, 2018, 03:56:56 PM
Reply #3217

Waltzer

A lot of the talk on Optus Sport yesterday (during our game) was that the Silva rumours are gathering traction again. Not sure if this is something that's being reported in the UK?

Was all up for this at the time, but the more I think about it I dont get what all the fuss is about, he spent more at Watford than his predecessors yet his win record was worse than Materazzi and all before. If he was English he wouldnt get half the exposure he does. Id rather have him than Sam, but that shouldnt be the bar for appointing our next manager

March 11, 2018, 03:57:46 PM
Reply #3218

Toffee1

Not much reported recently about Silva that I have seen. However, I can see this scenario possibly happening - win next week against Stoke and reach the 40 points, Allardyce, is told thank you and let go. I then see Silva being appointed for the rest of the season, with a view to seeing what players he wants to keep and then preparing for the summer recruitment/new season.

March 11, 2018, 04:22:50 PM
Reply #3219

Lxxx

215 pages in and we’re still having Simeone shouts. Madness.

March 11, 2018, 07:20:17 PM
Reply #3220

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not much reported recently about Silva that I have seen. However, I can see this scenario possibly happening - win next week against Stoke and reach the 40 points, Allardyce, is told thank you and let go. I then see Silva being appointed for the rest of the season, with a view to seeing what players he wants to keep and then preparing for the summer recruitment/new season.

Allardyce is here until the end of the season.

March 11, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
Reply #3221

Hawkandro

didnt his people sound us out though after Koeman was sacked, but said he wouldnt be willing to come until the summer

The story - from Paul Brown at the Star IIRC - was that Simeone's agent contacted us about the job, not the other way round. He was apparently interested in our project.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 11, 2018, 07:41:44 PM
Reply #3222

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Christ not fucking Silva again. The man's a part timer. Would I rather him than Allardyce, well, yes, but I'd rather an ashtray than Allardyce. We surely can do better than either of these two flops, can't we?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 11, 2018, 07:44:13 PM
Reply #3223

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think silva would be very good here.

Unai Emery would be my first choice though.

March 11, 2018, 07:48:32 PM
Reply #3224

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think silva would be very good here.

Unai Emery would be my first choice though.

Will be gettable I think as well, don’t think top clubs will fancy him.

Fonseca for me tho, força the juego de positión blues
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.