Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168054 times)

March 21, 2018, 02:24:29 PM
Reply #3270

Macca77

Fonseca will be our new manager in May, I'll be amazed if he's not.

March 21, 2018, 02:33:14 PM
Reply #3271

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Recent revelations make me believe Allardyce will be manager next season :'(
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

March 21, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
Reply #3272

Macca77

Nah, the fans won't let that happen, he's gone in May, big changes in the summer

March 21, 2018, 02:35:40 PM
Reply #3273

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, the fans won't let that happen, he's gone in May, big changes in the summer

i wouldnt be so sure.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

March 21, 2018, 02:36:54 PM
Reply #3274

Bluedylan

Which revelations?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 21, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
Reply #3275

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think we'd be chasing this fella from PSV if we were keeping allardyce.

Imagine him working with an intelligent, progressive, Dutch Dof wanting to work in the South American market.

March 21, 2018, 02:52:23 PM
Reply #3276

Macca77

i wouldnt be so sure.

Seriously, Moshiri is ambitions and wants us in the top 4 and challenging for trophies, he's not stupid, he knows we're further away from that than we have been for years, and knows Allardyce isn't the right manager to try and bridge the gap, he was brought in to steady the ship which he has sort of done, he will be gone come May with a huge wedge in his arse pocket.

In the summer we will see a new manager, new director of football and a new CEO

March 21, 2018, 02:55:00 PM
Reply #3277

Rodenplav64

Seriously, Moshiri is ambitions and wants us in the top 4 and challenging for trophies, he's not stupid, he knows we're further away from that than we have been for years, and knows Allardyce isn't the right manager to try and bridge the gap, he was brought in to steady the ship which he has sort of done, he will be gone come May with a huge wedge in his arse pocket.

In the summer we will see a new manager, new director of football and a new CEO

Yet Moshiri has done zilch from a football perspective other than fuck up the squad by backing his man . I know I can be a bit negative but I am amazed by the blind optimism of some .

EDIT . I still think Jokanovic is worth a look after Moshiri has ran his thumb over the Top 5 Managers in world football .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:56:53 PM by Rodenplav64 »

March 21, 2018, 02:57:58 PM
Reply #3278

Hawkandro

Jokanovic looks like he could be a good little manager, doing well at Fulham. Sessegnon loves him too, be worth it for that alone.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 21, 2018, 03:39:05 PM
Reply #3279

Waltzer

Yet Moshiri has done zilch from a football perspective other than fuck up the squad by backing his man . I know I can be a bit negative but I am amazed by the blind optimism of some .

EDIT . I still think Jokanovic is worth a look after Moshiri has ran his thumb over the Top 5 Managers in world football .

I agree but its a hard one to judge. I expect off the field were a much more efficient business, with better sponsorship deals etc, but do fans really care about that? On the field we have gone from living with in our means, being hard to beat, full of passions, to a team of over paid players with little apparent care for the team who have a tenancy to roll over and have their tummy tickled.
It is good that he backs the manager, but he needs to take some ownership and realise when things are miles off track and were heading for the rocks at a rate of knots

March 21, 2018, 03:55:38 PM
Reply #3280

KoemansNumberTens

I agree but its a hard one to judge. I expect off the field were a much more efficient business, with better sponsorship deals etc, but do fans really care about that? On the field we have gone from living with in our means, being hard to beat, full of passions, to a team of over paid players with little apparent care for the team who have a tenancy to roll over and have their tummy tickled.
It is good that he backs the manager, but he needs to take some ownership and realise when things are miles off track and were heading for the rocks at a rate of knots

Itís great that we are a better business. Gives us more opportunities to get it right on the field. However we are blowing it spectacularly football wise. Poor decision after poor decision

March 21, 2018, 05:59:11 PM
Reply #3281

nsno

Fonseca will be our new manager in May, I'll be amazed if he's not.
Prepare to be amazed, this is Everton after all.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

March 21, 2018, 08:11:35 PM
Reply #3282

Evertonian in NC

i wouldnt be so sure.

I'm worried the fans are too polite about showing their displeasure.  Yes, it's admirable that we don't take our Allardyce disgust on the players, but at the same time it gives Moshiri an opportunity to follow the path of least resistance.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 22, 2018, 03:58:47 AM
Reply #3283

dunkster

I get this horrible sickie taste in my mouth at the thought of a whole season under fat Sam.
Should it happen, I will lose all faith in moshiri.  A succesful businessman but no clue of running a football club.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 23, 2018, 12:53:27 AM
Reply #3284

Topper

Little did I think when I created this poll that a few months later we could be in the same predicament and wishing for a new manager with the man being picked to lead us to greater things being Sam Fucking Allardyce.  Our main target was unsettled and then sacked at Watford mid season with no one else with any standing appear to be interested.

We need a massive overhaul and I think that starts at boardroom to Director of Football to manager and obviously players.  We don't want to get into being a sacking club but this oaf will clearly never move us forward and if he is here next season it is just going to be another complete borefest finishing mid table.  His replacement has to be the right man to move us in the right direction and is going to have to be a very important appointment.

I don't care what anyone says but we do have some decent players and there is no way in my opinion that they aren't all good enough or not going to get up to the speed of the Prem.  Tosun was written off after a couple of matches by some, Klaasen was Ajax captain and was deemed by many as a good sensible goal scoring midfielder, Keane's performance for Burnley earned him England recognition last year (although Southgate is giving caps out like smarties). Many of our current squad like Schneiderlin have been well of the pace despite many calling him a rolls royce of a player for his performances last Jan to May.  These guys have not become bad players overnight. 

I know obviously we are not the finished article and need players in certain positions to beef us up and make us more competitive to try and reach the dizzying heights of 6th but we have a squad most teams in  the bottom half would give their right arm for yet we are only a couple of points into the top half and struggling especially away from home.  Older players need to be replaced but we also need to make sure we don't push away talents that we might already have in Lookman and Vlasic.

This summer could be a pivotal one for us and if anyone thinks Sam Allardyce is the right man for the job to bring us closer to the top 6 are not right in the head.  He got his big pay day and kept us up (because lets face it people were bricking it for a while when Unsworth was in charge) so please just walk in the Summer with and retire with a bit of respect.

We have to take a bit of a risk, push the boat out and go for someone who is going to shake things up a bit and have a hunger for the job.  Not try and steal another Premier League manager because they have done a decent job because apart from Pochettino I cant think of any manager that has went from one Premier League Club to another that has done anything decent.