Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 161857 times)

March 29, 2018, 04:07:15 AM
Reply #3300

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There’s been talk of a ‘sideways move’ for Walsh that I’m not entirely against.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 29, 2018, 04:34:37 AM
Reply #3301

Cozzie

A "sideways move" in the sense that he shuffles off sideways through the door and never ever returns? I'm not against that either.

March 29, 2018, 04:58:30 AM
Reply #3302

Alanvideo

............exit stage right
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 29, 2018, 06:32:43 AM
Reply #3303

Shogun

Administrator
Not to disrespect but there's a smidgen of revisionism going on here.

If this was Walsh's first season with us then I think he'd be due a bit of lee-way and the likes of DCL and Lookman are good finds but they're few and far between.

It's not really how the signings have turned out but I just don't see what he was doing in the summer and it was his ineptitude that was a major reason for our dreadful season.

We signed four players in the Premier League for big money. Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Rooney. It doesn't take a top director of football to persue those players.

Then you've got Klaassen and Martina who in my mind were probably Koeman signings and considering how they turned out, Walsh would probably accept that.

So the only senior players he brought in to the side with any real scouting involved would be Sandro and Vlasic. The former turned out to be the biggest flop in the league and the other was only signed after he'd played against us.

He went to Italy for a fucking week to supposedly talk to clubs about players and come back with fuck all.

He had all his eggs in a Giroud shaped basket and no back-up plan leaving us with an inexperienced DCL and the banished Niasse.

The fella is way out of his depth.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:35:14 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 29, 2018, 06:47:47 AM
Reply #3304

Ridge

I think when you take into account the money we've spent, I'd fancy most of us to do a better job, from his starting position to now.

March 29, 2018, 06:59:38 AM
Reply #3305

plowman2

Doubt I would to be honest.
Not saying he's doing a good job, but I reckon he knows a lot more than I do
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

March 29, 2018, 03:10:38 PM
Reply #3306

Cozzie

Just reckon he is shite to be honest, he recommended Allardyce for fuck sake.

March 29, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
Reply #3307

Hawkandro

Not to disrespect but there's a smidgen of revisionism going on here.

If this was Walsh's first season with us then I think he'd be due a bit of lee-way and the likes of DCL and Lookman are good finds but they're few and far between.

It's not really how the signings have turned out but I just don't see what he was doing in the summer and it was his ineptitude that was a major reason for our dreadful season.

We signed four players in the Premier League for big money. Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Rooney. It doesn't take a top director of football to persue those players.

Then you've got Klaassen and Martina who in my mind were probably Koeman signings and considering how they turned out, Walsh would probably accept that.

So the only senior players he brought in to the side with any real scouting involved would be Sandro and Vlasic. The former turned out to be the biggest flop in the league and the other was only signed after he'd played against us.

He went to Italy for a fucking week to supposedly talk to clubs about players and come back with fuck all.

He had all his eggs in a Giroud shaped basket and no back-up plan leaving us with an inexperienced DCL and the banished Niasse.

The fella is way out of his depth.

Add to that the players we have supposedly targeted for the summer:

Wilshire, Vardy, Jones and Smalling; they are hardly hidden gems that scream of a knowledgeable Director of Football.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 29, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
Reply #3308

Macca77

Walsh got lucky with Vardy and Mahrez, its as simple as that

March 29, 2018, 03:53:38 PM
Reply #3309

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I'd be totally fine with him being part of the scouting department.

But he's way out of his depth running the show.

March 29, 2018, 04:10:30 PM
Reply #3310

Glory

Kante shits on them.

March 29, 2018, 04:11:29 PM
Reply #3311

Macca77

Kante shits on them.

Wonder how much he charges

March 29, 2018, 04:13:56 PM
Reply #3312

Glory

Wonder how much he charges
More than You an I could afford...

March 29, 2018, 10:10:40 PM
Reply #3313

D15TIN

Kante & Gana too in fairness, want him gone like

March 29, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Reply #3314

Ridge

Leicester wanted Gana before turning to Kante.