Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 168964 times)

May 20, 2018, 01:33:58 AM
Reply #3645

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck is going on??

Apparently siblings are doing the dirty with Silva who is a Wood and Arteta is Pp's love child from Wenger...
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 20, 2018, 01:39:06 AM
Reply #3646

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I feel a bit weird as he has gone off the rails due to the "bullying" of him but I am siding with @BlueForYou  on this

Any managment appointment is a risk. We need to find the next Guardiola, or Mourinho or Ancelloti. Nagelsmann is the perfect example. Took over a team in relegation trouble as a 30 year old and now is one of the most sought after managers.

We loved Arteta as a player but he is never a great like a Maradonna or a Gazza. By all accounts of people in the know, Arteta has all the traits to be a very good manager. Studies the game, good people person, learning from the best and apparently instrumental in improving some of Cities younger players like Sterling.

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 20, 2018, 01:43:09 AM
Reply #3647

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I mean look at the man...

May 20, 2018, 01:44:44 AM
Reply #3648

plumber

To be fair most people thought they were decent additions at the time.

Including me.
But that's what I'm talking about. We have no notion realy how the things will turn out this time.

May 20, 2018, 01:59:31 AM
Reply #3649

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I feel a bit weird as he has gone off the rails due to the "bullying" of him but I am siding with @BlueForYou  on this

Any managment appointment is a risk. We need to find the next Guardiola, or Mourinho or Ancelloti. Nagelsmann is the perfect example. Took over a team in relegation trouble as a 30 year old and now is one of the most sought after managers.

We loved Arteta as a player but he is never a great like a Maradonna or a Gazza. By all accounts of people in the know, Arteta has all the traits to be a very good manager. Studies the game, good people person, learning from the best and apparently instrumental in improving some of Cities younger players like Sterling.

That's the nature of the forum. It's often a bunch of people against one.

I've not read every single post on this thread as frankly, it's boring after a while, but if you and he thinks Arteta would be a good option, who is anyone to say yay or nay? No one knows. Let's face it, the front runner is hardly that inspiring, although I am trying to warm to the idea of Silva in hope that he finally is able to click with us and stick around longer than 5 minutes to build a team. But Arteta could be the next Pep. Or he could be the next Martinez. Who knows?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 20, 2018, 02:07:33 AM
Reply #3650

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I’d be up for arteta to be honest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 20, 2018, 02:11:02 AM
Reply #3651

Mayor Farnum

Sometimes it's just as important to get a manager at the right time in his career; when his motivation is highest. That could be the case with Silva. He's managed before but never at this level with a decent chance to compete.

May 20, 2018, 02:12:56 AM
Reply #3652

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Sometimes it's just as important to get a manager at the right time in his career; when his motivation is highest. That could be the case with Silva. He's managed before but never at this level with a decent chance to compete.

That's a fair point. It's all about striking it lucky to be honest. Only 4-5 managers worldwide are guaranteed

May 20, 2018, 02:15:30 AM
Reply #3653

eyesalwaysblue

Why not have the first dig at an Arteta instead of the 3rd at a Silva..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

May 20, 2018, 02:27:56 AM
Reply #3654

Bluedylan

That's the nature of the forum. It's often a bunch of people against one.

I've not read every single post on this thread as frankly, it's boring after a while, but if you and he thinks Arteta would be a good option, who is anyone to say yay or nay? No one knows. Let's face it, the front runner is hardly that inspiring, although I am trying to warm to the idea of Silva in hope that he finally is able to click with us and stick around longer than 5 minutes to build a team. But Arteta could be the next Pep. Or he could be the next Martinez. Who knows?

It's not just a case of 'who knows' though. It's about minimising risk in the appointment, and one of the better ways to minimise risk is to appoint someone who has actually done the role (see the difference between Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands as DoFs). It's a completely different gig being part of a team of coaching staff, to being the man that makes 100 decisions per day, where the buck stops. I think it would be ludicrous to appoint Arteta, or any other ex-player, based purely on sentiment and good looks.

I'm been broadly pro-Silva for a while, but not completely wedded to the idea, if a better candidate becomes available. But the more I think and read about it, I think Silva is going to be an excellent appointment for us, and could well be the man to take us to the next level. I think he is primed to take a club and mould it, and I'm really pleased it's us giving him that opportunity.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 20, 2018, 02:29:17 AM
Reply #3655

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's not just a case of 'who knows' though. It's about minimising risk in the appointment, and one of the better ways to minimise risk is to appoint someone who has actually done the role (see the difference between Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands as DoFs). It's a completely different gig being part of a team of coaching staff, to being the man that makes 100 decisions per day, where the buck stops. I think it would be ludicrous to appoint Arteta, or any other ex-player, based purely on sentiment and good looks.

I'm been broadly pro-Silva for a while, but not completely wedded to the idea, if a better candidate becomes available. But the more I think and read about it, I think Silva is going to be an excellent appointment for us, and could well be the man to take us to the next level. I think he is primed to take a club and mould it, and I'm really pleased it's us giving him that opportunity.

I'm a bit like this. Cautiously optimistic
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 20, 2018, 02:29:53 AM
Reply #3656

Bluedylan

Why not have the first dig at an Arteta instead of the 3rd at a Silva..

Because Arteta hasn't ever managed before, so we have absolutely no evidence to base the appointment on, and it would be ludicrous of us to take such a massive, unsubstantiated risk, given the last few years of ups and downs.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 20, 2018, 02:36:53 AM
Reply #3657

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

That's not what I was talking about though. I was commenting on the nature of the forum.

As for Arteta, I would never even have considered him had his name not cropped up a few weeks back.

I don't really want either him or Silva, Emery remains my choice, but I doubt we'll get him. We'll see what Mr Brands can come up with though. Whoever gets the job, I'll be behind him. As long as it's not another Allardyce clone.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 20, 2018, 02:49:31 AM
Reply #3658

SANA_DR0

I can see Arteta doing ok... fast forward 4 years, he see's that we have leap frogged Arsenal as a top 6 team.... his contract expires.. then he comes home :)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

May 20, 2018, 04:57:59 AM
Reply #3659

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva to be announced early next week according to the Mail.

Oh, and there are ‘talks of Kenwright stepping down and being replaced by Alisher Usmanov’...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5748945/Everton-turn-Marco-Silva-ready-hand-reins-former-Watford-boss.html
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.