Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167975 times)

May 20, 2018, 04:17:36 PM
Reply #3675

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Reputation they have gained through working with the best team in the league. A reputation that filters down to the press and then to the supporters.
People haven't just woken up one morning and thought  'let's try and get Arteta a job'.

Or, just to play Devil's Advocate, he may just have has smoke blown up his arse and be part of a media love in for anything that is Pep related
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 20, 2018, 04:18:33 PM
Reply #3676

KoemansNumberTens

Reputation they have gained through working with the best team in the league. A reputation that filters down to the press and then to the supporters.
People haven't just woken up one morning and thought  'let's try and get Arteta a job'.

Klopp's and mourinho's number 2s are both out of work. Are they risks worth taking too. How do we decide between the 3

May 20, 2018, 04:23:52 PM
Reply #3677

Mayor Farnum

That's enough to know he's a risk worth taking? That's surely only enough to know he's worth talking to and actually finding out about his ideas as a manager

Well there would be a recruitment process. I'm not working in EFC HR myself, but can still feel comfortable that if we do appoint him due diligence would have been carried out.
If last season proved anything it's that we have little to lose. We can fuck up and not fall much behind our par finish. We haven't budgeted for Champions League and missing out on Europa League is considered a blessing.
The shortfall from finishing eighth rather than seventh is easily covered and shouldn't inhibit us from trying to steal a march on better placed clubs by taking a gamble they feel they can't afford.

May 20, 2018, 04:24:22 PM
Reply #3678

Alanvideo

Exactly why Arteta would have also been a risk worth taking.
.....................does he have any interest in coming to Everton ? can't say I've ever heard him mention us since he bailed out 5 minutes before the window shut.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 20, 2018, 04:25:34 PM
Reply #3679

Mayor Farnum

.....................does he have any interest in coming to Everton ? can't say I've ever heard him mention us since he bailed out 5 minutes before the window shut.
Yes!

May 20, 2018, 04:26:56 PM
Reply #3680

KoemansNumberTens

Well there would be a recruitment process. I'm not working in EFC HR myself, but can still feel comfortable that if we do appoint him due diligence would have been carried out.
If last season proved anything it's that we have little to lose. We can fuck up and not fall much behind our par finish. We haven't budgeted for Champions League and missing out on Europa League is considered a blessing.
The shortfall from finishing eighth rather than seventh is easily covered and shouldn't inhibit us from trying to steal a march on better placed clubs by taking a gamble they feel they can't afford.

So he's worth an interview is what you're saying. Past that none of us know

May 20, 2018, 04:27:44 PM
Reply #3681

Macca77

Arteta is going to Arsenal so no point in discussing it

May 20, 2018, 04:30:17 PM
Reply #3682

Mayor Farnum

So he's worth an interview is what you're saying. Past that none of us know

Yes and if the result of that interview is that he's considered up to the job then I'd be happy to see him here. But that applies to every candidate.
I'm certainly not dismissing him because he hasn't cut his teeth in a two team league.

May 20, 2018, 10:41:27 PM
Reply #3683

Topper

Even though he isn't officially supposed to start working with us before 1st June I am hoping Brands is having some sort of say inwhat manager we need.  Players need identified and targeted before the world cup if possible before their stock will rise.

May 21, 2018, 12:21:58 AM
Reply #3684

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn’t Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 21, 2018, 01:45:50 AM
Reply #3685

KoemansNumberTens

Wasn’t Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?

Yeah and before that Brian Kidd. Doesn’t always translate to being a good manager

May 21, 2018, 02:18:15 AM
Reply #3686

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't Steve McLaren Fergies number 1 at one point?
Yeh as was Colin Harvey to kendall
Simply simply lovely

May 21, 2018, 09:34:25 AM
Reply #3687

Omar

It appears that Conte may be available in the near future, just saying.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

May 21, 2018, 09:54:02 AM
Reply #3688

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It appears that Conte may be available in the near future, just saying.
He’s heading back to Italy I think. And I don’t think he would be that good for us anyway.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 21, 2018, 02:00:17 PM
Reply #3689

Paddockoldie

Seeing as Silva's the new manager, should we cap this thread now? 🤔