June 22, 2018, 03:22:44 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 21135 times)

February 13, 2018, 08:05:19 PM
Reply #450

Waltzer

Especially in the case of Mahrez recently. Denying him the chance to move to the top of his profession after he's helped them perform a miracle and win the league, and they'd also make a 15,000% markup on him, was a bit shitty to be honest. He'll never reach the Champions League or probably win a trophy again for Leicester and they'll probably never get another offer of 60m for him.

But you cant have it both ways, he was happy to sign a 4/5 year contract, probably tripling his wages. If his form dipped the club would be forced to pay that, or if he got injured and was out for a season. I personally would have let Mahrez go as it wasnt the first occasion but it needs to be both ways

February 14, 2018, 07:00:09 AM
Reply #451

Ridge

I think with Mahrez you keep him as long as you can, you can't replace him. leicester will still get a big fee next Jan if you really want to piss him off. I think 100m+ is not unreasonable and would likely be more achievable in summer.

He won them the title alright. I think you never really allow the best players to leave, they have release clauses or run down their contract so you're forced to take a price. Either that or start getting pictured with bongs and prostitutes or piss everyone off sufficiently to seek an exit. Things can change in 6 months and even if he sulks for a bit, he'll want to play at some point, between windows you have fresh if diminishing chance to renegotiate new contract, maybe give a release clause, 3/4 of the year is outside a transfer window.

Plenty of players have downed tools only to pick them back up not long after. And plenty of those have gone on to sign new contracts with existing club, it sometimes just needs more hope, new manager and a much bigger pile of money. Only clubs get to interact or negotiate directly with them on regular basis. Lukaku gave Koeman a chance to move us on and even when he hadn't, he still nearly signed. I think in January you're always going to get some very good players feeling the season is over, so you tend to get more strops.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:01:24 AM by Ridge »

March 28, 2018, 10:29:49 PM
Reply #452

Macca77

Soz for resurrecting an old thread but, for fuck sake

https://twitter.com/prenno/status/978999471362248705

March 28, 2018, 10:35:08 PM
Reply #453

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely laughing at how bad we are
Simply simply lovely

March 28, 2018, 10:36:24 PM
Reply #454

Gash

Global Moderator
Nobody does 'getting your pants pulled down' better than us at the moment.

March 28, 2018, 10:42:48 PM
Reply #455

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Losing more faith in Moshiri by the day me.

I reckon this could even mean Sam stays next season.

I don't think Moshiri would want 4 managers on the payroll.

March 28, 2018, 10:51:21 PM
Reply #456

Lxxx

Who the fuck does the commercial negotiations at the club? Seriously if this was any other industry other than football, with the amounts of money involved, they would have an army of legal and contractual experts crawling all over the commercials of every aspect of the business. Maybe other clubs do it properly but we seem to scrimp at employing suitably qualified personnel in most areas of the business.   

March 28, 2018, 11:14:58 PM
Reply #457

Macca77

Losing more faith in Moshiri by the day me.

I reckon this could even mean Sam stays next season.

I don't think Moshiri would want 4 managers on the payroll.

This is exactly what I think, horrible

March 28, 2018, 11:16:32 PM
Reply #458

Major Clanger

You'd think that at least the one thing Moshiri definitely gets right is accounting.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 28, 2018, 11:16:52 PM
Reply #459

Alanvideo

So the Dutch FA are deliberately underpaying Koeman in the knowledge that EFC will make up the shortfall. Maybe we should hire their advisors  :-X
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 29, 2018, 12:14:44 AM
Reply #460

School of Science

Who would do contract negotiations though, the chairman Kenwright, Contract Dave, the CEO Elstone or Moshiri the majority owner ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 29, 2018, 12:28:40 AM
Reply #461

Trowel

How did no-one see this coming.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 29, 2018, 12:53:27 AM
Reply #462

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Well Martinez you could if being polite talk about being naive but then to do it again with the next manager then you have to use the word stupid....

March 29, 2018, 01:28:49 AM
Reply #463

bluestevie

Who the fuck does the commercial negotiations at the club? Seriously if this was any other industry other than football, with the amounts of money involved, they would have an army of legal and contractual experts crawling all over the commercials of every aspect of the business. Maybe other clubs do it properly but we seem to scrimp at employing suitably qualified personnel in most areas of the business.   

That's Suntan's job isn't it? Being CEO and all
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 29, 2018, 02:57:58 AM
Reply #464

Jamokachi

Koeman has signed a deal "up to and including the 2022 World Cup". I wonder what sort of clause is in there at the end of June 2019, when his Everton deal would have ran out. There's no way he'd then fall back onto such a low wage as those names mentioned. It seems naive from Everton, but I have no idea what is the norm in the world of premier league managerial contracts. Perhaps these clauses are common place?