November 24, 2017, 07:59:06 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 21015 times)

YellowHold (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 06, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
Reply #465

everton1952

We were lucky to beat Watford who deserved a point from the game. The Unsie team selection was awful with no goal threat, constantly losing the ball and the first half was a complete waste with just one good chance fluffed by Baines. Amazingly Unsie made no changes at half time and Watford punished us with 2 goals. Then Unsie to his great credit dragged off the awful Rooney,  and his subsequent substitutions lifted the crowd and saved the game. He deserves a pat on the back. I would not go as far as extend his tenure in the manager seat. 

deCoubertin

November 06, 2017, 05:41:24 PM
Reply #466

oztoffee

Why does everyone think that after  four games with the same squad that Unsie can work the miracles that everyone expected? Unrealistic, really!
There is no doubt that the players are playing for him, but by the same token we are woefully short on talent. We lost or gave the ball away so often in one-on-ones that attacks rarely got started or left us short at the back. Even the shit teams push the ball around far quicker than us, especially noticeable on the wings where three or four players from both sides are competing for the ball.......we are very short on the skills necessary to do this successfully and lose out in these situations very frequently.
We have no players...NONE who can do this with any regularity and our buildup play is so predictable that we are easy to contain.
We need a total clearout of the old guard and an influx of good players...not necessarily name players, but ones who will do the job. We've got an awful long way to go.....Unsie never had a chance. He was on a hiding to nothing.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

November 06, 2017, 06:49:14 PM
Reply #467

sirblue57

1 win out of 4, time to go back to the kids team or get some real experience of football management elsewhere and prove he is up to the Everton job
Seriously, who would have done better?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 06, 2017, 06:54:44 PM
Reply #468

sirblue57

This is a negative and a positive though, yes Unsie does know loads about the club, players, staff, fans expectations etc. Is this a good thing? Does he know what good looks like, he is also very pally with lots of people at the club that have failed to deliver over numerous years, nearly decades. My own views are that the club needs a big overhaul and getting a fresh pair of eyes a fresh approach with a clear out, almost from top to bottom is whats required. If Moshiri is serious he needs to do a review of all management for the failings at the club, we keep changing managers but certain things remain the same and its that, thats holding us back.
I do think having him on board would be good for the fan base, but in my eyes once the review was done by Moshiri the only connection between Unsie would be the fans as most of the people we has a connection with wouldnt be around.
What the absolute fuck are you on about? Have you noticed how good the U23s are?
Some of our fans have fucking issues. Maybe he is not ready for the first team. Nut getting rid of him altogether? That's an awful shout.

November 06, 2017, 07:06:09 PM
Reply #469

Waltzer

What the absolute fuck are you on about? Have you noticed how good the U23s are?
Some of our fans have fucking issues. Maybe he is not ready for the first team. Nut getting rid of him altogether? That's an awful shout.

Fail to see the relevance of the under 23s at all, we've invested heavily, more than most, in that area so you'd expect us to be doing decent.
And I dont think I ever said we should be getting rid of him, however, if we got Tuchel or someone comparable in and he said he didnt want Unsworth as he wanted things done this way then so be it. Wouldnt bother me in the least if Unsworth did stay but I dont think keeping him or not is going to have any significant impact on our success over the next 10 years

November 06, 2017, 07:09:24 PM
Reply #470

SANA_DR0

Seriously, who would have done better?

lol, fucking Mourinho or Pep coudn't have done better, we have a lack of strikers, Least Unsworth knows how to get the best of the strikers, as he's had them in the under 23 set up.

a new manager still would struggle, least Unsworth has brought back the pride/passion side to our game.. which i doubt bringing in some random manager would have been able to bring,.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 06, 2017, 07:13:20 PM
Reply #471

sirblue57

This is a negative and a positive though, yes Unsie does know loads about the club, players, staff, fans expectations etc. Is this a good thing? Does he know what good looks like, he is also very pally with lots of people at the club that have failed to deliver over numerous years, nearly decades. My own views are that the club needs a big overhaul and getting a fresh pair of eyes a fresh approach with a clear out, almost from top to bottom is whats required. If Moshiri is serious he needs to do a review of all management for the failings at the club, we keep changing managers but certain things remain the same and its that, thats holding us back.
I do think having him on board would be good for the fan base, but in my eyes once the review was done by Moshiri the only connection between Unsie would be the fans as most of the people we has a connection with wouldnt be around.

so thats not an over reaction? I agree there needs to be a change at the club, and it needs to be from the top, this "nice" image we portray is not helping, we need to start showing a ruthless streak. don't want to play for us? well its the U23s, and fuck your international ambitions.
but some on here are saying DU is not good enough, yet fail to say who would ave done better than him. it does my head in the negativity on here sometimes. we are not good at the moment, it ha happened before, this time we have a chairman who can finance a solution, we hope.

November 06, 2017, 07:21:30 PM
Reply #472

Waltzer

so thats not an over reaction? I agree there needs to be a change at the club, and it needs to be from the top, this "nice" image we portray is not helping, we need to start showing a ruthless streak. don't want to play for us? well its the U23s, and fuck your international ambitions.
but some on here are saying DU is not good enough, yet fail to say who would ave done better than him. it does my head in the negativity on here sometimes. we are not good at the moment, it ha happened before, this time we have a chairman who can finance a solution, we hope.

I dont think its an over reaction, our problems stemmed from years and years of poor performances from above. Koeman, like Unsworth didnt have much chance with the squad they had, but everything is hypothetical when it comes to who could have done better, whose knows how Stubbs would have got on if he were still in charge? Yes, Unsworth did really well with the U23s, but it is the U23s. And a difference of opinion doesnt always have to be negative, it can just be a difference of opinion? But if we do have a chairman that has the finances to make a change then surely going for the best possible candidate is the best option, and in my opinion Unsworth has done little to justify being that, but clearly you think different, which is fine.

November 06, 2017, 07:26:56 PM
Reply #473

Evertonian in NC

For all his obvious flaws as a candidate, winning 1 in 4...Unsy has STILL managed to pull us from the relegation zone.

Without being a corrupt, self-promoting, anti-footballer asshole.

I wouldn't make him permanent manager, but there is absolutely no reason to sell our soul and fall off the floor FFS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 06, 2017, 07:29:21 PM
Reply #474

sirblue57

I dont think its an over reaction, our problems stemmed from years and years of poor performances from above. Koeman, like Unsworth didnt have much chance with the squad they had, but everything is hypothetical when it comes to who could have done better, whose knows how Stubbs would have got on if he were still in charge? Yes, Unsworth did really well with the U23s, but it is the U23s. And a difference of opinion doesnt always have to be negative, it can just be a difference of opinion? But if we do have a chairman that has the finances to make a change then surely going for the best possible candidate is the best option, and in my opinion Unsworth has done little to justify being that, but clearly you think different, which is fine.
ha ha. your fucking joking. Koeman bought and built that side, thats why he got sacked.

November 06, 2017, 07:32:45 PM
Reply #475

Waltzer

ha ha. your fucking joking. Koeman bought and built that side, thats why he got sacked.

Heh, and that'll be another thing we disagree on, especially considering Walsh has stated that was one of the major reason he was bought in as DoF, for his recruiting background. Makes you wonder what Walsh does do though if you're right, which goes back to my point about the need for an overhaul......

November 06, 2017, 07:39:26 PM
Reply #476

sirblue57

Heh, and that'll be another thing we disagree on, especially considering Walsh has stated that was one of the major reason he was bought in as DoF, for his recruiting background. Makes you wonder what Walsh does do though if you're right, which goes back to my point about the need for an overhaul......
Martina was a RK player,as was Siggurdson .if walsh had a hand in this fiasco, then he should go. but to say RK would have struggled as much as DU is a stupid statement. DU had no input in the squad he inherited. there were at least 4 players brought in we didn't need, and the positions we were desperate to cover we never did. that goes from SW and RK right to the top, everyone of them should be accountable.

to even try to bring DU into that fiasco reeks of desperation or lack of common sense.

November 06, 2017, 07:46:38 PM
Reply #477

Waltzer

Martina was a RK player,as was Siggurdson .if walsh had a hand in this fiasco, then he should go. but to say RK would have struggled as much as DU is a stupid statement. DU had no input in the squad he inherited. there were at least 4 players brought in we didn't need, and the positions we were desperate to cover we never did. that goes from SW and RK right to the top, everyone of them should be accountable.

to even try to bring DU into that fiasco reeks of desperation or lack of common sense.

It isnt, both had no chance given our striking limitations. Believe it or not Koeman did have a plan, the plan revolved around getting a target man, it was a pivotal piece that wasnt ever completed so we'll never no. People go on about Martina like its a big deal, it was a freebie as cover, big deal. Sigurdsson was expensive but he is the best at doing what Koeman wanted, set piece delivery to a target man, which he never got, the rest as they say is history.

November 06, 2017, 08:01:23 PM
Reply #478

everton1952

Roll on the hour when we have an appointment and whoever it is we will all get behind him, and put an end to this awful shit we are discussing.. We have an owner with money and a chairman whose heart is in Everton, so whatever they do  for the good of Everton, keep Unsworth or get Mourinho it will not be criticised by me.

November 06, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Reply #479

sirblue57

It isnt, both had no chance given our striking limitations. Believe it or not Koeman did have a plan, the plan revolved around getting a target man, it was a pivotal piece that wasnt ever completed so we'll never no. People go on about Martina like its a big deal, it was a freebie as cover, big deal. Sigurdsson was expensive but he is the best at doing what Koeman wanted, set piece delivery to a target man, which he never got, the rest as they say is history.
he put  everything on Giroud, never a good idea, and i would rather pay some cold hard cash for a decent defender, who would then make coleman play for his place, than a cheap and cheerful limited player.  as I said, we spent money on players we didn't need and failed to get those we did. either way. nothing DU could do about that, but RK had the option to change plans before the window shut. no comparison really?