November 16, 2018, 01:10:33 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 49009 times)

October 25, 2017, 04:03:52 AM
Read 49009 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Just watched the press conference, very dignified even when Olly Foster was being a bit patronising saying that Moshiri wanted a big name like Pep or Mourinho on the touch line, "you're not that man are you". Managed to dodge the question about 1st team atmosphere and rightly so, he's there to talk about the game not shit stir or stick the knife in, he did very well indeed.

I still think we should be going for someone with more experience but you get the impression we'll be in good hands while they look for that person.

October 26, 2017, 01:18:47 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Ranieri's just taken over at Nantes. Wouldn't want him anyway, he's a journeyman who's had about two good seasons in 30 odd years as a manager.

October 26, 2017, 06:56:13 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Without trying to sound too down beat as the performance was better and there seemed to be much more desire, but its going to take more than a defeat against a second string Chelsea team to get me excited about the future or to strengthen Unsworths credentials to lead us forward.

They still had a strong team out and we weren't exactly at full strength either. A young lad making his debut, two players who'd hardly featured and very inexperienced right back. At the risk of repeating myself, the fact they had to bring in Fabregas, Morata and Pedro to see the game out says a lot about how uncomfortable we made it for them.