November 17, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 49052 times)

October 25, 2017, 04:25:36 AM
Read 49052 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/nsno/status/922868222449373184

A photo on this site that's too *small*?

Well now I've seen everything.

November 19, 2017, 01:20:48 AM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think people underestimate how much we miss Coleman.

Plays a big part in keeping us organised. 

November 21, 2017, 04:30:03 AM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We are utter shite. 13 games in and we haven't been really good in a single half of football.

We're not one of those easy on the eye football teams though, and haven't been for a while.

I'd say that last year we mostly looked shit, but were effective in getting results for much of the season

Yes we've been horrible to watch this season but that doesn't automatically mean you will or deserve to lose every game you play.

It's not a recipe for a top 6 challenge, but equally we can play horrible, depressing long ball incohesive shite football and still comfortably avoid relegation.

November 24, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Whole saga shows how idiotic getting rid of Koeman was.

I never thought he was the right man for the job, but you only get rid of someone if you have a plan in place to bring in someone you think will perform better.

What has followed after his sacking shows that the problems run deeper than the manager. It's lazy and too easy to say "oh Koeman was shit" or now "oh Unsworth is sit".

Whilst in my opinion Koeman wasn't the long term solution, in the absence of a good replacement we'd have done better to keep him for now, trust that he almost certainly would've over time brought some degree of stability in this season, before then reevaluating and maybe recruiting a new manager from a position of greater strength, rather than the freefall shitshow we are now.

November 24, 2017, 03:39:43 PM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I would think a potential manager would be thinking

if I turn this around I'll be a hero

if it turns to shit well then the fans will blame the previous management and the board and I'll get out of here unscathed with a nice wedge

win win situation for any new manager I would have thought

I guess that'll be why we're hearing about so many managers interested in the job then.

December 01, 2017, 02:16:29 AM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Just thought I'd point out that, with everyone discussing points per game, Unsworth across his two spells as caretaker averaged 1.67 in the PL.