November 16, 2018, 12:39:10 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 48970 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:27:11 AM
Reply #360

Bluedylan

3 games, 3 defeats, 1 goal for, 7 goals against.

Not the best audition for the full time gig from Unsworth is it.

We need someone asap because things haven't improved in the slightest, if anything we're now worse than when Koeman was sacked.

Haha, that's ludicrous. Did you watch the Arsenal game? We're better than when Koeman was fired, but maybe not better enough for Unsworth to keep his job (fixtures defo haven't helped him).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 03, 2017, 02:28:25 AM
Reply #361

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

if anything we're now worse than when Koeman was sacked.

What?!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

November 03, 2017, 02:30:52 AM
Reply #362

BlueBeagle

Haha, that's ludicrous. Did you watch the Arsenal game? We're better than when Koeman was fired, but maybe not better enough for Unsworth to keep his job (fixtures defo haven't helped him).

Yeah, we actually scored 2 goals.

The fixtures haven't been that bad let's be honest, a Chelsea side with plenty of second string players in it, a Leicester almost equally as bad as us followed by a half decent side in Lyon.

November 03, 2017, 02:31:58 AM
Reply #363

kramer0

Three different game plans, all more coherent than anything Koeman served up this season.

If we find someone better, fine. But I think it's more of the same for the club if we rush into a new manager without giving any thought to how fucked our backroom set-up is.

November 03, 2017, 02:34:56 AM
Reply #364

penguinofdoom1878

Three different game plans, all more coherent than anything Koeman served up this season.

Unsworth has picked 18 different starters in three matches, played players in multiple positions during those 270 minutes and left an already demotivated team looking thoroughly confused for good measure.

he's out of his depth

http://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-and-there-must-everton-end-the-david-unsworth-experiment

November 03, 2017, 02:38:59 AM
Reply #365

hill135

'it's been better than Koeman' isn't a very convincing argument for keeping him on.

November 03, 2017, 02:50:17 AM
Reply #366

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
'it's been better than Koeman' isn't a very convincing argument for keeping him on.
It's the actual only positive I've seen
Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 02:50:39 AM
Reply #367

gizzblue

We are not Palace ffs the guy has had three games ....anything Koeman instilled into the squad is still rattling round some members ....he needs time ,yeah it's pressure and we havnt got much time but ffs three games is the sum of fuck all in reality in terms of trying to turn this debacle of RK's round.
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 02:54:31 AM
Reply #368

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We are not Palace ffs the guy has had three games ....anything Koeman instilled into the squad is still rattling round some members ....he needs time ,yeah it's pressure and we havnt got much time but ffs three games is the sum of fuck all in reality in terms of trying to turn this debacle of RK's round.

Heís not been appointed - itís nothing like Palace sacking de Boer.

November 03, 2017, 02:57:14 AM
Reply #369

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Why would you give the managerial role with arguably one of our worst squads in recent-ish history to someone without PL experience/track record?

We should've had someone in by now IMO.

November 03, 2017, 03:00:03 AM
Reply #370

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 03:01:57 AM
Reply #371

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think the selections and general approach were fine vs Chelsea and tonight.

Good change at half time vs Chelsea saw good football and chances, replacing Rooney with Niasse killed our flow though.

Leicester was naive in the extreme both in terms of what types of midfielders Davies and Gueye are but also what Leicester like to play against.

The narrowing half time subs also played into their hands with a 2-0 lead to protect.

As I said tonight was fine given our confidence levels and that theyíre a good team in good form.

But I thought the first sub was too early.

So Leicester was the most disappointing game as it killed the little moment we could have taken from the improvement vs Chelsea and placed this game and Sunday under more undue strain than necessary.

November 03, 2017, 03:06:41 AM
Reply #372

Major Clanger

Unsworth has picked 18 different starters in three matches, played players in multiple positions during those 270 minutes and left an already demotivated team looking thoroughly confused for good measure.

We don't look any more confused than under Koeman. In fact we look a lot less confused, the players have a fairly clear idea what their role is, even if the overall tactics aren't working.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 03, 2017, 03:08:48 AM
Reply #373

gizzblue

Why would you give the managerial role with arguably one of our worst squads in recent-ish history to someone without PL experience/track record?

We should've had someone in by now IMO.
Never at any point said give him it full time ....re read if you want, but we have just give near four years to two fucking Muppets with about as much nouse as Sunday league managers neither of whome are exactly winners unless I've been in a coma since Martinez cup run separation season ....so for some to be calling Unsworth after three games is just  shithouse .imho.
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 03:12:29 AM
Reply #374

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We don't look any more confused than under Koeman. In fact we look a lot less confused, the players have a fairly clear idea what their role is, even if the overall tactics aren't working.

We could / should have equalised vs Chelsea so thatís not an issue.

I think vs Leicester and the sub tonight have been overly optimistic decisions - probably due to the fact that heís felt that heís auditioning for the role, rather than just trying to get 2 solid draws.