December 17, 2018, 08:41:59 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50457 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:14:59 AM
Reply #375

KoemansNumberTens

Played 3 of our best halves of football under unsworth. He's clearly improved us. Unfortunately it really doesn't matter though. He's absolutely no chance of the job because of the results
We could easily go down this season regardless of who we get in. We can't put an 11 out that's capable of scoring goals

November 03, 2017, 03:15:36 AM
Reply #376

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Never at any point said give him it full time ....re read if you want, but we have just give near four years to two fucking Muppets with about as much nouse as Sunday league managers neither of whome are exactly winners unless I've been in a coma since Martinez cup run separation season ....so for some to be calling Unsworth after three games is just  shithouse .imho.

He doesn't have the job though. He's a caretaker manager. Since when are caretaker's meant to be there beyond a few games?

November 03, 2017, 03:18:11 AM
Reply #377

bluenuck

I'm pretty sure we will all know are new manager by this time next week.

Unsworth has done a good job with the situation he's been given, and put in.

November 03, 2017, 03:18:31 AM
Reply #378

gizzblue

He doesn't have the job though. He's a caretaker manager. Since when are caretaker's meant to be there beyond a few games?
Oh so a knee jerk appointment is what your after ....fair enough then.
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 03:18:40 AM
Reply #379

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
We could / should have equalised vs Chelsea so thatís not an issue.

I think vs Leicester and the sub tonight have been overly optimistic decisions - probably due to the fact that heís felt that heís auditioning for the role, rather than just trying to get 2 solid draws.
problem is we couldnt use a solid draw to anything to Night We needed a win and starting without striker was a very very poor decision.

November 03, 2017, 03:20:52 AM
Reply #380

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oh so a knee jerk appointment is what your after ....fair enough then.

No, what I want is not what we seem to be getting. We should've reached out to people weeks ago, the writing on the wall was there for a long time. Even if it wasn't we should have some targets in mind in case Koeman quit or whatever.

I want planning. This is Unsworth being handed a shitty situation out of the blue, it's an awful situation for a new manager.

November 03, 2017, 03:21:36 AM
Reply #381

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Has a caretaker ever been fired before the new manager has been appointed?

Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 03, 2017, 03:26:35 AM
Reply #382

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
problem is we couldnt use a solid draw to anything to Night We needed a win and starting without striker was a very very poor decision.

Yes but in terms of confidence weíd have been unbeaten in two away games, still with an outside chance of qualifying and some sort of base for Sunday.

November 03, 2017, 03:28:02 AM
Reply #383

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
No, what I want is not what we seem to be getting. We should've reached out to people weeks ago, the writing on the wall was there for a long time. Even if it wasn't we should have some targets in mind in case Koeman quit or whatever.

I want planning. This is Unsworth being handed a shitty situation out of the blue, it's an awful situation for a new manager.

Unless someone just leaves Iím always amazed the clubs often donít have someone reasonably quickly lined up.

This was the problem when Moyes left. Despite not signing a new deal we didnít have anyone lined up.

November 03, 2017, 03:28:08 AM
Reply #384

gizzblue

So we agree he still needs more time as do the board to get it right .....not a fucking Allardyce Dyche knee jerk backwards step .
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:29:30 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 03:32:04 AM
Reply #385

KoemansNumberTens

So we agree he still needs more time as do the board to get it right .....not a fucking Allardyce Dyche knee jerk backwards step .

I think we probably aren't really capable of a backwards step from here short of deciding we are gonna back goalkeeping obsolete along with goalscoring in our team.

That's not a slight on unsworth I actually think he's done a good job and don't have a problem him getting more games. We are fucked though. Rock bottom. It might not matter who's in charge.

November 03, 2017, 03:34:44 AM
Reply #386

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

I think we should get it sorted by the international break or thereabouts. I think that's all the time we can afford.

Do I think it should be a shitty appointment? Nope, but that's up to the board to get it right...but given their history even another couple of months may not improve matters.

Unless Tuchel has flat out turned us down, we should drop a wad of cash on his doorstep and get it done. Beyond that, we should still have targets in mind that have some experience managing in a way we want and who could attract the players we're going to need come January.

November 03, 2017, 03:36:57 AM
Reply #387

gizzblue

I think we probably aren't really capable of a backwards step from here short of deciding we are gonna back goalkeeping obsolete along with goalscoring in our team.

That's not a slight on unsworth I actually think he's done a good job and don't have a problem him getting more games. We are fucked though. Rock bottom. It might not matter who's in charge.
Imho Allardyce is a big backwards step .
I can't really say the same about Dyche the more i think on it ....but it's not ground-breaking by any stretch.
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 03:44:57 AM
Reply #388

everton1952

Unsworth was placed in an almost impossible position trying to revive a totally inadequate  squad, and the harsh results show he failed comprehensively 3 games to nil. He has to be in charge against Watford though. We need the win but I don't think that necessarily gives him an extension, unless of course the board have a target appointment which they are prepared to wait for. But for how much longer can we risk waiting?

November 03, 2017, 03:51:03 AM
Reply #389

Waltzer

Unsworth was placed in an almost impossible position trying to revive a totally inadequate  squad, and the harsh results show he failed comprehensively 3 games to nil. He has to be in charge against Watford though. We need the win but I don't think that necessarily gives him an extension, unless of course the board have a target appointment which they are prepared to wait for. But for how much longer can we risk waiting?
I have no doubts Unworth last game is against Watford, id love for him to go out with a win as he'd deserve it.  It hasn't been easy for him, as it won't for whoever comes in but he's gone about everything in the right way. I only hope he sees that he's not yet ready and the new person in charge keeps him on as his assistant, or at least in the first team squad, providing he wants it.