November 12, 2019, 01:29:49 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 61639 times)

November 06, 2017, 03:04:14 PM
Read 61639 times

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'd like to see Unsworth stay on and support the new manager, as an assistant coach - everyone loves Unsie, and he knows the club inside out, so he would be ideal to have on our management bench, even if a new man brings his entire new staff in. So someone like Tommy Tuchel (and his chosen team of staff, as most of ours really are shit coaches) working with Unsie would be my choice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:06:02 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

November 06, 2017, 03:37:39 PM
Reply #1

At the moment, I cant fit Rooney, Sig, Schneiderlin or Kev into the squad.

Pickford

Keane ----- Jagielka
Kenny ------------------------------------- Baines

Gana or Banger or McCarthy

Davies
Lennon ------------------------------------- Vlasic

Niasse ----- DCL

Swapping Kenny for Coleman, and adding Bolasie to the rotation of that front 4 when they come in, wouldnt change it either on current form.

November 22, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Reply #2

Beni Baningime has looked head and shoulders above every other defensive mid this season. He deserves a start ahead of all of them imo. He looks the real deal.

November 30, 2017, 05:09:22 PM
Reply #3

Really glad that Unsie could sign off with a win, after showing dignity and pride in our club throughout a very turbulent time. Glad they asked him who picked the team, and he clearly said he did with no input from Sam. Sam being in the stands was obviously a helping catatlyt in getting the players to play as well as we know they can, but nonetheless, Unsworh has done us proud lately, and Im sure he will do again at some point. Watch this space...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:10:33 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

November 30, 2017, 05:54:03 PM
Reply #4

Shouldnt be any confusion with anyone, they asked Unsworth right after the game "did you pick the team", he said "yes, he picked the team", he also said that he had only talked to Sam for 10-15mins. 100% his team. Of course, with Big Sam watching down from his perch, and all the talk about him taking over, the players would have course had one eye on the stand and a thought about their future, and obviously put in a bit more effort.  Just a shame they didnt do it a few weeks ago for him, without Big Sam's presence there.

Would have loved things to have gone better for Unsworth, but I am 100% behind Sam and the rest of the team now, whether I would have prefered Dyche or Silva or pretty much anyone else other than him. 100% behind the team.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:55:58 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »