September 19, 2018, 02:05:02 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 46437 times)

November 20, 2017, 10:39:44 PM
Reply #600

gizzblue

I've had my doubts about Rhino and his starting squads ...he's still playing safe for an hour then going for the win ,still leaving out players who have made a difference Beni ,Vlasic ...but instead of appointing a wrong un now id still give him till at least Christmas ....and tell the squad that too .
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:41:53 PM by gizzblue »

November 20, 2017, 10:48:24 PM
Reply #601

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He's the guy that brought Beni in and gave him his first game, just didn't think he was right against Palace, he wa hardly playing safe giving Beni a start.

November 20, 2017, 10:51:10 PM
Reply #602

boothill

Be honest about the performances under Unsworth

They have been dreadful

Iím sorry, why canít people call a spade a spade and stop making excuses for poor old Unsie

have you been there all season ? because perfomances has been absolute dreadful ALL season. do you think all it takes is a magic wand to heal it ? we are in a better positon now under unsworth than we were with koeman ,it seems you have your view of things and your view alone, which comes across as its personal rather than knowledge based, as you call him names and say you wouldnt put him back in the u23s, the team he won the title with, wow that beats me that

November 20, 2017, 10:53:57 PM
Reply #603

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Unsie is awful lads

Best to call a spade a spade and take the blue tinted specs off v

Ever stopped to wonder why it's only you that has negative karma ? There's a message in there somewhere.

November 20, 2017, 10:58:03 PM
Reply #604

boothill

I've had my doubts about Rhino and his starting squads ...he's still playing safe for an hour then going for the win ,still leaving out players who have made a difference Beni ,Vlasic ...but instead of appointing a wrong un now id still give him till at least Christmas ....and tell the squad that too .

i dont know whats happened with vlasic, he certainly was one of the only bright spots this season, maybe not cutting it in training, beni is very good , but is this the only time he's been out of the squad since coming in ?

November 20, 2017, 11:31:22 PM
Reply #605

KoemansNumberTens

We had 60% possesion against leicester, so that really counts for nothing does it really, cause if you dont score , then whats the use in it ?

You thought we had played well on Saturday? 70% is the number people were ruling dyche out for because that's what Liverpool had against Burnley. We couldn't get the ball off the bottom club and unlike us against Leicester they looked extremely threatening

November 20, 2017, 11:38:20 PM
Reply #606

boothill

You thought we had played well on Saturday? 70% is the number people were ruling dyche out for because that's what Liverpool had against Burnley. We couldn't get the ball off the bottom club and unlike us against Leicester they looked extremely threatening
it was always going to be a backs to the wall job down there though,they are in front of their own fans, they are scrapping as much as us, they know we are lacking almost everything at the moment, their tales were up after the chelsea game, they are going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at us, to get point under them conditions was a result in my eyes.you can have all the possession you want, without end product its useless, surely

November 20, 2017, 11:52:29 PM
Reply #607

plumber

I'd say we are worse under Unsworth.
We've been extremely lucky to get 4 points in 5 games.
His picking starting 11 is baffling, tactics laughable, ignoring Vlasic just weird and our performances horrible.

Everton committed 26 fouls during the Palace game, the most of any team in Europeís top five leagues on Saturday.

Palace held 68.5% of possession.

Palace out-passed Everton 539-250.

Everton completed 65.6% of its passes.

26.4% of Evertonís passes were long balls.

Everton were forced into 34 tackles.

Sticking with Evertonís passing stats, the final data point of note was that Jordan Pickford was Evertonís top pass completion player against the Eagles.

All that against Crystal fucking Palace.

Yes, he is "one of us", "gets us" and is really a likeable person, but that doesn't mean much. I love my mum but don't want her to be Everton manager.

We need a proper manager asap. Dyche's Burnley is Barcelona compared to us. I can't see 3 worse sides than us at the moment.

November 21, 2017, 12:37:22 AM
Reply #608

hill135

Those stats are fucking shocking

November 21, 2017, 12:41:14 AM
Reply #609

gizzblue

He's the guy that brought Beni in and gave him his first game, just didn't think he was right against Palace, he wa hardly playing safe giving Beni a start.
They way our midfield was playing ..trying an untested youth was playing safe at the time 😅
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:43:28 AM by gizzblue »

November 21, 2017, 12:42:51 AM
Reply #610

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
They way out midfield was playing ..trying an untested youth was playing safe at the time 😅

That makes no sense to me as it is, maybe you could modify it.

November 21, 2017, 12:55:04 AM
Reply #611

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No doubt its not going great, but he inherited a broken team that previous manager was publicly calling shit.

He's been only stable influence at club in past couple of weeks, and fans are running him down because of fear.

If we treated young players like some fans have treated Unsworth, I wouldn't expect any to make it.

Whether he can do it or not, people are trying to make sure he can't, through fear or whatever.

Totally agree, it was unfair of Everton to put him in the position where we, then, us all think thereís a possibility of him taking over full time.

That isnít, and shouldnít have ever been a possibility right now. As you say, he was handed a broken team, bottom three, confidence fucked, fans up in arms - not a great time to blood a young manager. In fact it was basically horrible and could have really hurt his reputation.

And now heís in the shitty situation where he knows heís not really getting the job, and weíre getting further into the season and still leaking goals like a sieve while manager after manager slips away or turns us down.

Itís fucking shite, Iím sad for unsworth, Iím angry at the board, Iím sick to fucking death of talking about it, and yes, I amterrified of going down, not even to mention how bored I am of seeing us be so shite.

I honestly donít understand why anyone would think unsworth is the answer, I mean he wouldnít get an interview at any other prem club, but here we are.

Iíve said before it would be great if it worked out, it would be a dream. But saying oh it worked for Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Zidane...right sure, it also worked for Beethoven when he played piano but it doesnít mean I can? And I certainly shouldnít try if it means Everton go down if I canít string a fucking tune together.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 21, 2017, 01:00:45 AM
Reply #612

KoemansNumberTens

Those stats are fucking shocking

It's like Barcelona playing a side at the bottom. People are actually claiming it was a good performance too. We were dreadful. I don't see any sign of anything getting any better.

November 21, 2017, 01:15:56 AM
Reply #613

boothill

Never said we have played well, if you show me where ive stated that i will gladly change it

November 21, 2017, 01:20:18 AM
Reply #614

therealdunc

It's like Barcelona playing a side at the bottom. People are actually claiming it was a good performance too. We were dreadful. I don't see any sign of anything getting any better.

Finally a post that puts honesty first, well said.
Blue