November 21, 2018, 05:26:20 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 49299 times)

November 21, 2017, 01:21:13 AM
Reply #615

KoemansNumberTens

Never said we have played well, if you show me where ive stated that i will gladly change it

Wasn't saying you did. The result was decent enough but there was nothing in that game that suggested unsworth was improving anything really. In fact it was shambolically bad. The stats are embarrassing. Palace are bottom and they played us off the park.

I like unsworth. I actually voted for him but watching us play I think we'll go down if he stays in charge. We were levels below the bottom side on Saturday. We need massive changes and I haven't seen them.

November 21, 2017, 01:34:06 AM
Reply #616

Ridge

Celtic or Olympiakos a thousand times over, obviously.

If you can tell me another manager whoís won something at u-21/23 level Iíll be blown away. Nobody gives a shit.

Itís like if a striker scores at youth level - great, nice to hear, good sign certainly but the minute heís got his big boy pants on all that evaporates and itís time to prove yourself for real.

Guardiola won 4th Division with Barcelona B in 2008 - Won treble with Barcelona 2009
Zidane won Segunda Division B in 2016 - Took over halfway through season, won CL, then League and CL next season.

Tuchel won U19 Championship with Mainz - Finished 9th and then 5th with Mainz in Bundesliga

Howe was a youth coach at Bournemouth before taking over in 2009, 17 points adrift, got them safe and finished 2nd next season.

November 21, 2017, 02:26:30 AM
Reply #617

Rodenplav64

Finally a post that puts honesty first, well said.

But it isn't honest is it . It is a fucking exaggeration because Koeman has left us equal to Palace and that was plain for all to see .

November 21, 2017, 02:42:32 AM
Reply #618

KoemansNumberTens

But it isn't honest is it . It is a fucking exaggeration because Koeman has left us equal to Palace and that was plain for all to see .

Equal to palace? I'd be interested to see the stats of our game against the stats of the Barca game or the city game. We got a draw but we didn't look equal to palace in the slightest

I think people are in utte denial at the moment. Transition suggests it's changing. It's not. It's dreadful week in and week out and unless someone major changes it's not we could go down it's we probably will. We've placed 12 games and not been comfortably the better side in a half yet

November 21, 2017, 04:12:55 AM
Reply #619

Rodenplav64

Equal to palace? I'd be interested to see the stats of our game against the stats of the Barca game or the city game. We got a draw but we didn't look equal to palace in the slightest

I think people are in utte denial at the moment. Transition suggests it's changing. It's not. It's dreadful week in and week out and unless someone major changes it's not we could go down it's we probably will. We've placed 12 games and not been comfortably the better side in a half yet

No one is in denial and I wasn't in denial over Koeman either . But we won't go down as their is some utter shite in and around us .

November 21, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Reply #620

KoemansNumberTens

No one is in denial and I wasn't in denial over Koeman either . But we won't go down as their is some utter shite in and around us .

We are utter shite. 13 games in and we haven't been really good in a single half of football.

November 21, 2017, 04:28:22 AM
Reply #621

boothill

We are utter shite. 13 games in and we haven't been really good in a single half of football.
How long have you been following the blues ? Just that i used to stand in the enclosure in thd 80s with a group of lads from burnley

November 21, 2017, 04:30:03 AM
Reply #622

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

We're not one of those easy on the eye football teams though, and haven't been for a while.

I'd say that last year we mostly looked shit, but were effective in getting results for much of the season

Yes we've been horrible to watch this season but that doesn't automatically mean you will or deserve to lose every game you play.

It's not a recipe for a top 6 challenge, but equally we can play horrible, depressing long ball incohesive shite football and still comfortably avoid relegation.

November 21, 2017, 12:40:32 PM
Reply #623

KoemansNumberTens

We're not one of those easy on the eye football teams though, and haven't been for a while.

I'd say that last year we mostly looked shit, but were effective in getting results for much of the season

Yes we've been horrible to watch this season but that doesn't automatically mean you will or deserve to lose every game you play.

It's not a recipe for a top 6 challenge, but equally we can play horrible, depressing long ball incohesive shite football and still comfortably avoid relegation.

I agree to a point but we look dreadful at the back too. It's not the style of football it's the quality. I think we are in a lot more trouble than most realise. We are bad rather than not entertaining

November 21, 2017, 01:25:34 PM
Reply #624

ally2

Only 6 points off 8th remember?

November 21, 2017, 02:25:43 PM
Reply #625

Ramjam

Only 6 points off 8th remember?

Thatís refreshing but we canít afford to fall any further behind as we may be only 6 points off 8th the reality is we are only 3 points above the relegation zone
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 21, 2017, 05:01:09 PM
Reply #626

ally2

That's refreshing but we can't afford to fall any further behind as we may be only 6 points off 8th the reality is we are only 3 points above the relegation zone

Yes I agree. Just thought that stat of 4 points off 8th was a bit daft

November 21, 2017, 05:07:08 PM
Reply #627

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just because its worked for others doesnt mean thats a universal solution, I think you have to look at every case individually, in this instance Unsworth has shown little to evidence that hes the right person IMO. I think he gets a little lost, were making loads of subs at half time, or not far into the second half, formations are changing all the time. You could look at as adapting or is it cause he got it woefully wrong in the first place?
In fairness, Koeman made many subs at half time too.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

November 21, 2017, 05:13:04 PM
Reply #628

Rodenplav64

I agree to a point but we look dreadful at the back too. It's not the style of football it's the quality. I think we are in a lot more trouble than most realise. We are bad rather than not entertaining

I don't disagree with what you say . However , Unsworth started with a hopelessly disjointed team with zero confidence  , almost certainly out of Europe and absolutely no style of play . We had to start picking up points and 4 out of a possible 9 is better than the probable zero we would have under Koeman . Confidence is fragile and I agree the way Pickford , Jags and Keane are playing we could so easily ( and maybe should have ) lost our last 2 league games . But we haven't and that transfers some pressure onto the teams around us and 1 point can so easily become 3 against the likes of WBA , Swansea or any other team around us whose fans are getting on the teams back . Till the board make a decision the fans owe it to the team to get behind them and lift performances instead of righting us off .

November 21, 2017, 07:48:36 PM
Reply #629

MrWhite

I don't disagree with what you say . However , Unsworth started with a hopelessly disjointed team with zero confidence  , almost certainly out of Europe and absolutely no style of play . We had to start picking up points and 4 out of a possible 9 is better than the probable zero we would have under Koeman . Confidence is fragile and I agree the way Pickford , Jags and Keane are playing we could so easily ( and maybe should have ) lost our last 2 league games . But we haven't and that transfers some pressure onto the teams around us and 1 point can so easily become 3 against the likes of WBA , Swansea or any other team around us whose fans are getting on the teams back . Till the board make a decision the fans owe it to the team to get behind them and lift performances instead of righting us off .

Based on 4 points out of 9, that hit rate will leave us on 46 points and surely safe. So while Rhino hasn't magically fixed us, nor is our form with him that bad and certain to get us relegated. And that ignores the prospect of us buying players in January.

It won't be a fun season to watch (barring an FA Cup miracle) but that has been a given for a couple of months anyway.