September 24, 2018, 12:02:23 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 46838 times)

November 21, 2017, 08:21:06 PM
Reply #630

everton1952

Clearly the board are not giving Unsie the job or why would they keep him and everyone waiting for so long?  Pulis would make more sense than Unsworth. There is no comparison in terms of know how and experience. I don't want Pulis for obvious reasons, but if he and Unsie were the only candidates on the planet, then Pulis gets it. Horrible prospect for sure but I am certain neither are in the running anyway.

November 21, 2017, 09:23:48 PM
Reply #631

Normm

Unsworth is the best man for the job by far.

He was not responsible for summer signings and the discordant performances he inherited just three weeks ago. Consider the last matches against good opposition away from home, with Crystal Palace also now showing good performances under Hodgeson. Only ONE fixture at home - that Everton won in spectacular fashion after an epic second half performance. Keep a perspective on what he has had to face and give the man the chance to show his mettle!

Next match also away ... this has been a really difficult run of games and no manager would have sorted it out in such a short space of time. He needs the board's backing - and also the fans for all his work. There are no magic managers ready to wave a magic wand. He needs the backing of the board right now ...otherwise they undermine his position with the staff and players.

November 21, 2017, 09:42:38 PM
Reply #632

KoemansNumberTens

Unsworth is the best man for the job by far.

He was not responsible for summer signings and the discordant performances he inherited just three weeks ago. Consider the last matches against good opposition away from home, with Crystal Palace also now showing good performances under Hodgeson. Only ONE fixture at home - that Everton won in spectacular fashion after an epic second half performance. Keep a perspective on what he has had to face and give the man the chance to show his mettle!

Next match also away ... this has been a really difficult run of games and no manager would have sorted it out in such a short space of time. He needs the board's backing - and also the fans for all his work. There are no magic managers ready to wave a magic wand. He needs the backing of the board right now ...otherwise they undermine his position with the staff and players.

I think you're delusional. Spectacular implies brilliance. The game was exciting and it was a good comeback but we got extremely lucky. If their keeper doesn't get injured we get beat comfortably in all probability. If they score their penalty we definitely don't win
Also palace are a good team now? Based on what? They dominated us too/ the stats are truly horrible. The sort of numbers Barca rack up in terms of passing and possession.

The only game we played well in was the Chelsea game. I'm really not sure what you're seeing in them performances which shows us improving or unsworth winning any tactical battles

November 21, 2017, 10:27:04 PM
Reply #633

gizzblue

Clearly the board are not giving Unsie the job or why would they keep him and everyone waiting for so long?  Pulis would make more sense than Unsworth. There is no comparison in terms of know how and experience. I don't want Pulis for obvious reasons, but if he and Unsie were the only candidates on the planet, then Pulis gets it. Horrible prospect for sure but I am certain neither are in the running anyway.
Why would Pulis make more sense 2 wins in 22 versus Rhino's 2 wins in what six matches .

November 21, 2017, 10:42:26 PM
Reply #634

Rodenplav64

I think you're delusional. Spectacular implies brilliance. The game was exciting and it was a good comeback but we got extremely lucky. If their keeper doesn't get injured we get beat comfortably in all probability. If they score their penalty we definitely don't win
Also palace are a good team now? Based on what? They dominated us too/ the stats are truly horrible. The sort of numbers Barca rack up in terms of passing and possession.

The only game we played well in was the Chelsea game. I'm really not sure what you're seeing in them performances which shows us improving or unsworth winning any tactical battles

Why the fuck you keep banging on about Barcelona style possession I just don't know . I do know they beat Chelsea , drew with WHU and lost by the odd goal away at Spurs and Newcastle . Woy has got them organised but when you start getting bonus points for possession it may become relevant .

November 21, 2017, 10:45:09 PM
Reply #635

KoemansNumberTens

Why the fuck you keep banging on about Barcelona style possession I just don't know . I do know they beat Chelsea , drew with WHU and lost by the odd goal away at Spurs and Newcastle . Woy has got them organised but when you start getting bonus points for possession it may become relevant .

My point is they were better than us by some way. By all means tell me what you saw in that game that suggests unsworth is getting it right. We were crap and got lucky.

November 21, 2017, 11:01:25 PM
Reply #636

Rodenplav64

My point is they were better than us by some way. By all means tell me what you saw in that game that suggests unsworth is getting it right. We were crap and got lucky.

He has got 4 points and given the state we are in I don't care how we get them . Luck by the way is exactly what we need at the minute .Had we appointed anyone else and they had got the same results I bet you would be saying give him time .

November 21, 2017, 11:42:30 PM
Reply #637

Normm

That's funny.  lolol You seem to me like a Joey Barton tribute act. If you want to see delusional, look in a mirror. "If they score their penalty we definitely don't win." - Really! What amazing insight you have. Barca? - You liken Palace to Barca and call me delusional?  shakeyheadman- Thanks for the laugh!

November 21, 2017, 11:44:48 PM
Reply #638

KoemansNumberTens

He has got 4 points and given the state we are in I don't care how we get them . Luck by the way is exactly what we need at the minute .Had we appointed anyone else and they had got the same results I bet you would be saying give him time .

Of course and I'm delighted with the 4 points. Just not sure the signs are good in terms of the team getting any better

Had we appointed someone we'd had no option but to give them time. Letting it drag on with unsworth then giving it someone else just wastes a lot of time though

November 21, 2017, 11:49:30 PM
Reply #639

KoemansNumberTens

That's funny.  lolol You seem to me like a Joey Barton tribute act. If you want to see delusional, look in a mirror. "If they score their penalty we definitely don't win." - Really! What amazing insight you have. Barca? - You liken Palace to Barca and call me delusional?  shakeyheadman- Thanks for the laugh!

Stick Barca's stats up for the weekend alongside palace's. I've not seen them but I'd imagine they are quite similar in a lot of respects. I'm not actually likening them to Barca though I'm saying we were that bad they completely dominated the game. If I actually thought palace were similar to Barcelona it wouldn't be much of a problem that they outplayed us

As for a Joey Barton tribute act? How do? Because I don't think David unsworth has improved us? I haven't personally insulted him. Merely said the performances have been generally quite poor and Saturday was dreadful. There's a grey area between the idiot who thinks he's the best option by a distance (that's you) and the idiot who thinks he's too fat to manage (that's Barton)

November 22, 2017, 12:12:03 AM
Reply #640

Normm

There's a grey area between the idiot who thinks he's the best option by a distance (that's you) and the idiot who thinks he's too fat to manage (that's Barton)

If you think that's clever, there's a grey area missing between your ears. Don't begin a reply with an insult. This is meant to be debate.

Peace!

November 22, 2017, 12:39:47 AM
Reply #641

Rodenplav64

Of course and I'm delighted with the 4 points. Just not sure the signs are good in terms of the team getting any better

Had we appointed someone we'd had no option but to give them time. Letting it drag on with unsworth then giving it someone else just wastes a lot of time though

If the choices are Allardyce or Dyche because Watford won't let Silva ( who I don't fancy ) talk to us then I say he is the best option .Moshiri and Kenwright obviously have no idea who to appoint and as a club since Kendall we have looked no further than Joe Royle ( ala Unsworth )Southampton , Wigan , Preston and Norwich for our Managers . That being as high as we aim I suppose we will just blow a load of compensation Watfords way . How fucking depressing is that for a club supposedly trying to break the top 4 .

November 22, 2017, 12:44:47 AM
Reply #642

Normm

the stats are truly horrible. The sort of numbers Barca rack up in terms of passing and possession.

Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield Town

Possession - Bourne' 31% / Hudd' 69%

Just saying ...

November 22, 2017, 12:49:38 AM
Reply #643

Rodenplav64

Just saying ...
Barcelona like possession from Huddersfield there .

November 22, 2017, 12:50:45 AM
Reply #644

KoemansNumberTens

If you think that's clever, there's a grey area missing between your ears. Don't begin a reply with an insult. This is meant to be debate.

Peace!

You did accuse me of being as offensive about unsworth as Barton was.
I really wanted him to work out I just don't see it as getting any better. Sorry about the insult xx

Just saying ...

Seriously? Didn't see that 1 coming. Obviously the stats never tell the whole story but we were pretty bad.

I just want us to outplay someone. Doesn't have to be brilliant just decent. That's the progress I'm looking for. We delighted after the Chelsea game but we've been nowhere near them levels since