November 16, 2018, 07:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 48992 times)

November 22, 2017, 12:59:58 AM
Reply #645

plumber

Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield Town

Possession - Bourne' 31% / Hudd' 69%

Just saying ...

Have you watched the game against Palace?
 It's not only the stats were  shocking. The whole performance was painful to watch. It was fifth game under Unsworth and probably the worst. There's no improvement and no sign of it, quite the opposite. There's a real threat of getting relegated if this circus continues. 4 points out of 6 argument is plain silly. We were unbelievably lucky but you can't count on luck long term.

November 22, 2017, 01:03:51 AM
Reply #646

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The point is whatever your possession levels are you need to carry a threat.

Having 30 odd % implies playing on the break etc.

We had the second goal as the only example of a chance from this approach.

You cant say that was successful vs bottom of the league as had we not got the fortunate penalty, wed have lost.

November 22, 2017, 01:34:45 AM
Reply #647

Normm

Sorry about the insult xx
Seriously? Didn't see that 1 coming. Obviously the stats never tell the whole story but we were pretty bad.

Accepted, same here, but no need for xx.

We were terrible, but I see the positives ...not many, I admit.

November 22, 2017, 04:50:30 AM
Reply #648

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And again, depending on the weight you give xg etc.... doesnt make pretty reading.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 22, 2017, 05:50:09 AM
Reply #649

kramer0

November 22, 2017, 03:34:48 PM
Reply #650

Rodenplav64

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/933076851215491072

We lack discipline in the middle . Gana tries to do everything but then leaves massive gaps where I sometimes wonder if we have set out to play with 1 in the middle . Beni has looked the most disciplined so far .

November 22, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Reply #651

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Beni Baningime has looked head and shoulders above every other defensive mid this season. He deserves a start ahead of all of them imo. He looks the real deal.

November 22, 2017, 10:11:17 PM
Reply #652

D15TIN

Have you watched the game against Palace?
 It's not only the stats were  shocking. The whole performance was painful to watch. It was fifth game under Unsworth and probably the worst. There's no improvement and no sign of it, quite the opposite. There's a real threat of getting relegated if this circus continues. 4 points out of 6 argument is plain silly. We were unbelievably lucky but you can't count on luck long term.
Would we have taken those 4 points under koeman? Not a chance. The players have shown spirit to come back and get those results. He's come in to a total mess, he hasn't had a full week with the squad to prepare for games, it's been interrupted by European games and international breaks, I think he's done ok and got some results. You're mad if you think someone is going to come in and fix that defence immediately. He's had 1 home game and won it. The rest have been mostly tough away games to Chelsea, lyon, Leicester and an improving palace.

November 22, 2017, 10:25:16 PM
Reply #653

everton1952

Beni Baningime has looked head and shoulders above every other defensive mid this season. He deserves a start ahead of all of them imo. He looks the real deal.
Disagree entirely. He shone briefly like all the kids have done and will get his opportunity eventually. Head and shoulders over the other not very good performers? Deffo No.

November 22, 2017, 10:33:11 PM
Reply #654

Evertonian in NC

abso-fucking-lutely.  The middle of the pitch was a shambles without him last weekend.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 22, 2017, 11:34:47 PM
Reply #655

therealdunc

abso-fucking-lutely.  The middle of the pitch was a shambles without him last weekend.

It was a shambles with him as well vs Chelsea reserves

The kid needs time, to say he was head and shoulders ahead of his team mates is dillusonal.

Hopefully he makes it as a premier league player
Blue

November 23, 2017, 01:02:03 AM
Reply #656

gizzblue

It was a shambles with him as well vs Chelsea reserves

The kid needs time, to say he was head and shoulders ahead of his team mates is dillusonal.

Hopefully he makes it as a premier league player
See some still spouting Chelsea reserves shite to add to their vendetta...is a constant giggle .👏👏.about four were reserves ...that half the prem can't afford but what ever makes your argument coherent. 👍
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:07:39 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

November 23, 2017, 01:07:30 AM
Reply #657

ally2

The players have shown spirit to come back and get those results.

Hahahahaha OK

November 23, 2017, 01:17:15 AM
Reply #658

Shogun

Administrator
Yes I agree. Just thought that stat of 4 points off 8th was a bit daft

Can only assume you missed the point of that post I made about only being a small number of points away from 8th.

In no way shape or form was it a way of saying that we were going to finish there, it was to show that there is so much left of the season that despite being miles off that position, it is actually only two games worth of the correct results.

That is why it was silly that people were calling us relegation contenders in November. If were 15th in February/March then its a different story.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 23, 2017, 03:40:37 PM
Reply #659

plumber

Would we have taken those 4 points under koeman? Not a chance. The players have shown spirit to come back and get those results. He's come in to a total mess, he hasn't had a full week with the squad to prepare for games, it's been interrupted by European games and international breaks, I think he's done ok and got some results. You're mad if you think someone is going to come in and fix that defence immediately. He's had 1 home game and won it. The rest have been mostly tough away games to Chelsea, lyon, Leicester and an improving palace.

You must be joking. Gifts from the ref, Speroni and Cleverley gave us those results. Good luck to you if you hope performances like that will get us results long term.
I didn't think he would fix the mess (and that's why I wasn't overly enthusiastic about sacking Koeman). It was a bit naive to hope that U23 coach would be better than the manager who had finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his 3 years in the prem. You'll never know till you try though. He tried and it's obvious hes just not ready. Game against Chelsea was his best, from then we've been degrading with every game.

I feel for Rhino. He was put on the spot by the board. And knowing that he is still in charge just because those mugs can't sort out the replacement doesn't help him.