September 22, 2019, 02:39:54 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 59449 times)

November 24, 2017, 12:55:06 PM
Reply #735

therealdunc

It would be wrong for the club to allow Unsworth to return to the U23s, he has shown himself to be tactically clueless, awful at team selection and totally incapable of impacting a game.

Everton need to move away from romanticising and giving old players jobs for the sake of it and give our players especially the U23 players the best person for the job.

Got nothing against the bloke as a person but as a football club member of staff he has been found out
Blue

November 24, 2017, 02:31:16 PM
Reply #736

Bluedylan

It would be wrong for the club to allow Unsworth to return to the U23s, he has shown himself to be tactically clueless, awful at team selection and totally incapable of impacting a game.

Everton need to move away from romanticising and giving old players jobs for the sake of it and give our players especially the U23 players the best person for the job.

Got nothing against the bloke as a person but as a football club member of staff he has been found out

He won the league last season. Don't be so absurd and melodramatic.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 24, 2017, 02:40:58 PM
Reply #737

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What’s going on
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 24, 2017, 02:46:00 PM
Reply #738

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Is this a wind up ? If so not funny, he had the U23's playing out of their skins last season and won the league, have you not seen any of his lads from the U23s ? ah what's the point with you...

November 24, 2017, 02:53:52 PM
Reply #739

Waltzer

Is this a wind up ? If so not funny, he had the U23's playing out of their skins last season and won the league, have you not seen any of his lads from the U23s ? ah what's the point with you...

The u23s did play extremely well but I do think there are questions that need to be asked about how ready and prepared some of the players are going to be, maybe this is the reason Koeman was reluctant to pick certain players as he felt they were tactically naive?
Make no mistake we werent in a good place when he took over, but we look an absolute shambles now. Unsworth was a defender, yet it doesnt look like he could arrange a piss up in a brewery, we are all over the place. If Feeney is getting taught this at a young age what chance does he have. I think its probably too extreme to get rid of him, but as others have said the squad Unsworth was given for the U23s was remarkably good compared to others.

November 24, 2017, 02:57:54 PM
Reply #740

Rhys

Missed the second half of this, and most of the first half actually. What happened with e Feeney sub? Why was he put on at RB? Or was that the cause of the goals..?

He brought feeney on for Kenny and went 3 at the back with Davies right wing back (well he played deeper than the back 3 for some reason) and martina left wing back. Rooney and baningime in centre midfield with some kind of front 3 of Sandro, DCL and vlasic. They brought on cornelius moved him onto feeney and basically he could just walk through him. And like other games, Atalanta away, United away, arsenal home heads completely crumbled when goals started going in and they missed about 5 chances in between the 4th and 5th goals.

That sub was bad but it was the general formation changes throughout the game which were bizarre. Started the game with 4-4-2, second half came out with 4-2-3-1 then went through a load of variations of formations, spells of 2 up front, diamonds, 4-3-3 and each time players were playing different roles on the pitch. How can you have any idea what you are meant to he doing if you change formation and role in the team every 5-10 minutes in the half?

The game ultimately was meaningless in terms of the competition but not for our confidence moving forward. Same as in Lyon a draw wouldn't have been the end of the world for morale so I don't know why he didn't just go for a solid shape, be organised and make it very hard to score. See if we can keep a clean sheet and pinch the game as we need solid performances and results to boost confidence.

6 games in charge, 16 goals conceded, conceded at least 2 goals in each game and 2-0 down in 5 out of the 6! He'd have had a chance of getting the job for 6 months if he'd gone defence and organisation first and turned some of the defeats into draws even but he hasn't done that so he has made himself not an option when we seem struggling to get who we want.

November 24, 2017, 03:07:35 PM
Reply #741

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is he alright like
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 24, 2017, 03:09:49 PM
Reply #742

dunkster

Any manager watching that last night will think at least twice about coming here now.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

November 24, 2017, 03:18:52 PM
Reply #743

indiantoffee1975

Wouldn't bet on the imbeciles at the club grovelling back to Allardyce and offering him a two year deal.

Can't see Dyche leaving Burnley.

November 24, 2017, 03:29:22 PM
Reply #744

Macca77

November 24, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
Reply #745

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Whole saga shows how idiotic getting rid of Koeman was.

I never thought he was the right man for the job, but you only get rid of someone if you have a plan in place to bring in someone you think will perform better.

What has followed after his sacking shows that the problems run deeper than the manager. It's lazy and too easy to say "oh Koeman was shit" or now "oh Unsworth is sit".

Whilst in my opinion Koeman wasn't the long term solution, in the absence of a good replacement we'd have done better to keep him for now, trust that he almost certainly would've over time brought some degree of stability in this season, before then reevaluating and maybe recruiting a new manager from a position of greater strength, rather than the freefall shitshow we are now.

November 24, 2017, 03:33:14 PM
Reply #746

TheTone

Any manager watching that last night will think at least twice about coming here now.

I would think a potential manager would be thinking

if I turn this around I'll be a hero

if it turns to shit well then the fans will blame the previous management and the board and I'll get out of here unscathed with a nice wedge

win win situation for any new manager I would have thought

November 24, 2017, 03:39:43 PM
Reply #747

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I would think a potential manager would be thinking

if I turn this around I'll be a hero

if it turns to shit well then the fans will blame the previous management and the board and I'll get out of here unscathed with a nice wedge

win win situation for any new manager I would have thought

I guess that'll be why we're hearing about so many managers interested in the job then.

November 24, 2017, 04:18:21 PM
Reply #748

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He needs to get away from this somehow
Simply simply lovely

November 24, 2017, 04:35:57 PM
Reply #749

everton1952

I agree Unsworth is not up to the top job but calls for him being sacked are beyond belief. Even the doorman will be quaking in his boots.