September 22, 2018, 10:25:50 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 46747 times)

November 24, 2017, 05:10:44 PM
Reply #750

Macca77

November 24, 2017, 05:20:35 PM
Reply #751

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Absolute shit can of a club at the minute
Simply simply lovely

November 24, 2017, 05:25:52 PM
Reply #752

BlueBeagle

As I've said time and time again, Moshiri announcing things via Jim White is both pathetic and worrying.

November 24, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
Reply #753

ally2

November 24, 2017, 05:29:55 PM
Reply #754

Waltzer

So what?

And what evidence does he have that this hasnt previously been communicated to Unsworth?

November 24, 2017, 05:36:18 PM
Reply #755

therealdunc

He won the league last season. Don't be so absurd and melodramatic.

He won a kids league because most of the other teams especially Chelsea and united have their best kids out on loan (in the case of Chelsea over 16 of them out on loan).

He won nothing
Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:38:37 PM
Reply #756

therealdunc

And what evidence does he have that this hasnt previously been communicated to Unsworth?

This

Some of our fans just like to hate and allow nasty media like the guardian to feed their hate

Facts before hate please
Blue

November 24, 2017, 05:44:02 PM
Reply #757

Major Clanger

As I've said time and time again, Moshiri announcing things via Jim White is both pathetic and worrying.

Yeah, he's not far off from launching into an anecdote about how he broke his leg in the cup final.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 24, 2017, 05:57:08 PM
Reply #758

Gary1878

Whole saga shows how idiotic getting rid of Koeman was.

I never thought he was the right man for the job, but you only get rid of someone if you have a plan in place to bring in someone you think will perform better.

What has followed after his sacking shows that the problems run deeper than the manager. It's lazy and too easy to say "oh Koeman was shit" or now "oh Unsworth is sit".

Whilst in my opinion Koeman wasn't the long term solution, in the absence of a good replacement we'd have done better to keep him for now, trust that he almost certainly would've over time brought some degree of stability in this season, before then reevaluating and maybe recruiting a new manager from a position of greater strength, rather than the freefall shitshow we are now.

I completely agree. Although i was happy when he was sacked, I expected a replacement to come in almost straight away, otherwise what was the point in sacking him so soon? At least there would have been structure.

Unsworth has done ok with what he has inherited. But we need a proper manager to come in now and put a strategy in place.

November 24, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
Reply #759

cantoffee

Don't think Unsworth has been treated right at all.

Came into a very difficult situation and has done what he thought was right to help the club.

Think we need a long hard look at how we do business and treat our loyal employees as this impacts the culture of the team and organisation as a whole.

November 24, 2017, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #760

Normm

After Sunday, we might have a more balanced view about the manager position. If Everton plays well and gets a result, then I would want to see how the team performs against West Ham.

This is not the time to lose your nerve and panic. Last night's result should be kept in perspective. These are still early days - and I expect a big reaction to come from the players.

November 24, 2017, 08:33:33 PM
Reply #761

KoemansNumberTens

After Sunday, we might have a more balanced view about the manager position. If Everton plays well and gets a result, then I would want to see how the team performs against West Ham.

This is not the time to lose your nerve and panic. Last night's result should be kept in perspective. These are still early days - and I expect a big reaction to come from the players.

If i shag Angelina Jolie maybe I'm as pretty as Brad pitt. What's the chances though

November 24, 2017, 08:35:21 PM
Reply #762

benny

NSNO Subscriber

i was hoping for that last night

November 24, 2017, 09:13:52 PM
Reply #763

hill135

There's extenuating circumstances but I don't think he's been treated badly. He's a caretaker manager, and didn't Si said he was told more or less straight away he won't be getting it?

I commend for stepping up to the plate, I do feel sorry for him and I believe him when he says things like he's hurting much more than the players cos they have shown themselves to not give a single fuck.

But ultimately he can't set up a winning team to save his life so we desperately need a proper manager.

November 24, 2017, 10:17:35 PM
Reply #764

arteta4spain

Quote from: hill135 link=topic=94846.msg1388818#msg1388818

But ultimately he can't set up a winning team to save his life so we desperately need a proper manager.
[/quote
That being true doesnít ignore the fact that the players arenít performing as good as they should be.
Although itís old news when you have players taking the piss like Schneiderlin and Mirallas it shows that the players donít see him as the manager.
I get that but youíd think with whatís going on the players would pull together. Itís seems the opposite at the moment. And whatís with Unsworth constantly picking Williams? Heís a fucking liability and needs to fuck off.