December 19, 2018, 12:52:28 AM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 50541 times)

November 27, 2017, 03:06:22 PM
Reply #825

therealdunc

Unsworth is completely out of his depth, tactically more clueless than Mike Walker and is completely useless at team selection and pro actively managing a game.

Just think-

How much better prepared for the first team would the U23 players be if they had someone with half a football brain as the team manager?

Really need to rid the club of the likes of Unsworth, Ferguson, Ebrell, Jeffers, etc.

Playing for the club, especially playing for the club and being no more than an average player like Unsworth or Jeffers , or completely crap like John Ebrell should NOT be a ticket to employment at finch farm
Blue

November 27, 2017, 03:07:48 PM
Reply #826

Rodenplav64

My biggest problem still is square pegs round holes ....even after the Koeman lessons we have learnt sweet fuck fuck all.

We have too many round pegs and not enough square holes or is it round pegs and square holes or square pegs ............................. .. fuck it I know how Unsworth must feel.

November 27, 2017, 03:16:52 PM
Reply #827

Faceatthefence

To place such a bad dressing room in unsworths hands was a major mistake,koeman left and took his staff and that also left us with rookies in the coaching dept.Such romantic bollocks to believe that 3 ex players would take us forward and turn round an awful system and squad.That takes us to moshiri,how do you sack a manager with no plan in place its criminal.Dont blame unsworth one bit,his team selections have been poor but hes not pep,whatevers going on inside the club is festering and still happening long after koeman.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:18:31 PM by Faceatthefence »
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

November 27, 2017, 03:39:28 PM
Reply #828

Cereal Killer

Anyone want to sort out our back line?

November 27, 2017, 03:51:21 PM
Reply #829

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny regularly drops way behind the rest of the back line. Heís playing wing back there as well.

Heís been decent lately but thatís a massive weakness.

November 27, 2017, 04:16:56 PM
Reply #830

Lxxx

Kenny regularly drops way behind the rest of the back line. He’s playing wing back there as well.

He’s been decent lately but that’s a massive weakness.

Yeh that's a pretty shocking trait to have at such a young age. Especially when your boss for many years at a younger level was a defender too.

November 27, 2017, 05:05:00 PM
Reply #831

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has made it worse than Koeman

Under 23 football is a joke

these kinda of posts make me laugh.. what sort of memory do these posters have?

under Koeman we couldnt score goals, we was losing every match. least under Unsworth we have actually won a match, then gotten a draw! woohoo.. i know its not big league stats, but he did that in 5 weeks, with a team he didnt assemble.. while Koeman got 1 win in almost 3 monhts in the league...

we where the under 23 champions. the first team squad is lopsided.. the first team squad is a joke. (not the manager)
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 27, 2017, 05:10:30 PM
Reply #832

mikey_blue

Just saw Unsworth's post match interview on MOTD. He looks a broken man. Gutted for him.

November 27, 2017, 05:11:11 PM
Reply #833

ajax_andy

Thing is Unsworth COULD play a balanced team, for some reason he decides to still play players in the wrong positions, it makes no sense.  We just need someone to come in and play a system where we have players in the right positions in a formation that suits the playing personnel we have.  There's no excuse for playing Mirallas off DCL and Sig on the left of midfield.  In fact there's pretty much no excuse for playing Mirallas at all, but if you have to then play him out wide with Sig behind the front man.

We need someone with tactical nouse and the ability to play a proper system.  I'm praying we get Dyche in now ASAP, he'll sort it out, he's exactly the right man for the job right now.

November 27, 2017, 07:59:52 PM
Reply #834

Rodenplav64

Thing is Unsworth COULD play a balanced team, for some reason he decides to still play players in the wrong positions, it makes no sense.  We just need someone to come in and play a system where we have players in the right positions in a formation that suits the playing personnel we have.  There's no excuse for playing Mirallas off DCL and Sig on the left of midfield.  In fact there's pretty much no excuse for playing Mirallas at all, but if you have to then play him out wide with Sig behind the front man.

We need someone with tactical nouse and the ability to play a proper system.  I'm praying we get Dyche in now ASAP, he'll sort it out, he's exactly the right man for the job right now.

Balanced ? Pickford is first choice but fuck me for keeper he has an appalling habit of letting goals in . Kenny and Martina are the only 2 fit LB's 1 inexperienced and 1 poor . CH 1 from 4 Jagielaka is past it , Williams woefully out of form , Keane hasn't settled or is nowhere near good enough and Holgate is untested in that position . RB is Baines who like Jagielka is past his sell by date or one of the previously mentioned out of position . Now for the middle of the park where we are seemingly flooded Gueye needs to focus on one area but is overworked , Schneiderlin out of form and not arsed , Sigurdsson luxury player , Klassen hasn't settled and not good enough , Lennon runs around a lot , Besic would get sent off , McCarthy unfit I assume , Davies 2nd season syndrome , Baningime inexperienced but has done OK . And then their is our alleged strike force Niasse tries his heart out , Rooney is no longer a striker , Mirallas has never been a striker and isn't interested anyway , DCL is I am afraid just not good enough to lead the line  , Lookman not experienced enough to warrant a start yet , Vlasic at least looks like a trier but not seen enough really , Ramirez hasn't settled but has looked poor when he has played .

Do you fancy balancing that lot up for me given most if not all have been shite all season long .

November 27, 2017, 08:05:18 PM
Reply #835

blueski

Not one of our back 4 is good enough for the top half of the table at the moment. We will continue to leak goals until this is addressed no matter who the manager is.

The defending is awful and one paced and they have next to no protection in front of them to break things up.

Feel very badly for Unsworth. Maybe he's not good enough but he didn't deserve the lack of effort shown yesterday by any stretch
Nil Satis

November 27, 2017, 08:23:41 PM
Reply #836

ajax_andy

Balanced ? Pickford is first choice but fuck me for keeper he has an appalling habit of letting goals in . Kenny and Martina are the only 2 fit LB's 1 inexperienced and 1 poor . CH 1 from 4 Jagielaka is past it , Williams woefully out of form , Keane hasn't settled or is nowhere near good enough and Holgate is untested in that position . RB is Baines who like Jagielka is past his sell by date or one of the previously mentioned out of position . Now for the middle of the park where we are seemingly flooded Gueye needs to focus on one area but is overworked , Schneiderlin out of form and not arsed , Sigurdsson luxury player , Klassen hasn't settled and not good enough , Lennon runs around a lot , Besic would get sent off , McCarthy unfit I assume , Davies 2nd season syndrome , Baningime inexperienced but has done OK . And then their is our alleged strike force Niasse tries his heart out , Rooney is no longer a striker , Mirallas has never been a striker and isn't interested anyway , DCL is I am afraid just not good enough to lead the line  , Lookman not experienced enough to warrant a start yet , Vlasic at least looks like a trier but not seen enough really , Ramirez hasn't settled but has looked poor when he has played .

Do you fancy balancing that lot up for me given most if not all have been shite all season long .

That's where a good manager comes in to play, seriously look at Burnley and where they've got with organisation, structure and hard work... same with Brighton.  You can blame the players / squad and rightly so but a good manager would sort this out with organisation and structure, it only takes a few decent solid performances to build confidence and you'd then see half the team being completely different in how they perform. 

November 27, 2017, 08:26:09 PM
Reply #837

Juanito

Unsworth is completely out of his depth, tactically more clueless than Mike Walker and is completely useless at team selection and pro actively managing a game.

Just think-

How much better prepared for the first team would the U23 players be if they had someone with half a football brain as the team manager?

Really need to rid the club of the likes of Unsworth, Ferguson, Ebrell, Jeffers, etc.

Playing for the club, especially playing for the club and being no more than an average player like Unsworth or Jeffers , or completely crap like John Ebrell should NOT be a ticket to employment at finch farm

These were also players that were hardly playing for us in a golden era. Not like good former players with winning mentality. Just average players in an average early 90ís Everton side.

November 27, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
Reply #838

Juanito

Thatís a Stirling recommendation of the good work our Director of Football has made.

November 27, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
Reply #839

Rodenplav64

That's where a good manager comes in to play, seriously look at Burnley and where they've got with organisation, structure and hard work... same with Brighton.  You can blame the players / squad and rightly so but a good manager would sort this out with organisation and structure, it only takes a few decent solid performances to build confidence and you'd then see half the team being completely different in how they perform. 

I thought from your post you had the balanced team sorted from that pile of shite .