November 20, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

Author Topic: Something to cheer us all up  (Read 1792 times)

October 25, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It shouldn't hinder him in terms of getting a job. My only concern would be how his Asperger manifests itself and how he controls it as schools are stressful places and education is a minefield. I've got several pupils with Aspergers and ea h one is different in their own way, but I love teaching them. I've made a real break through with one and his ability to understand sarcasm and not taken too many things literally.

I know he wants to come over and teach in the States at some point. Not sure he'd get in with his C connections, but it might be a very good route. The accent and how he is would certainly have the kids more engaged I think. Some will take the piss (I get it every day), but I can see him forming a good connection here.

My nephew has aspergus, he looks like Sheldon Cooper, but taller. He's 13 and 6ft 6", he's going to an engineering school which suits his interests and capabilities perfectly. I love how he's a walking encyclopedia. My step son is ADHD, totally hates school, should do a ton better, but once he's out of its confines, he'll probably do very well if he channels himself properly.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

October 25, 2017, 06:13:44 PM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is right Thomas

October 26, 2017, 04:27:40 AM
Reply #32

Simon Paul

Administrator
actually really enjoyed that to be honest

fair fucks to him, he got a round of applause from Arsenal - not even their manager gets that these days