January 28, 2020, 06:17:16 AM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 52915 times)

October 24, 2017, 07:17:53 PM
Read 52915 times

School of Science

Well with Koeman gone he can now sign that contract now can't he.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 24, 2017, 09:47:28 PM
Reply #1

School of Science

my recall of the situation was Ross didn't want a new contract....a situation not solely brought on by koeman..his decision was obviously made prior to the end of the season....

the situation was subsequently exacerbated by Koeman and his attitude towards him...ie; sign or you'll be sold attitude....

for me what was said was irrelevant as ross had already made his mind up to leave...you could argue that keomans "treatment" of ross by leaving him out substituting him etc, brought on the frame of mind by ross of wanting to leave....if that's the case why would ross expect not to be left out or taken off..what makes him so special for this not to happen...and does he expect this not to happen if he goes to another club..? and if it does will he want to leave them..why would koeman leaving change that attitude?

hope he stays though

Just similar to what I thought really, expect the young Spurs players were in his ear on the England trips last year. Think people were making excuses for him because he's a blue, truth probably is he just wants to better himself, you know champions league and such.

November 11, 2017, 07:59:23 PM
Reply #2

School of Science

Hope he stays.  An outstanding talent.

That said, I would fully understand his decision to leave.  I think Koeman shat on him, plus I don't buy into all this talk of disloyalty when players move on...it's their job ffs.

Agree with the first line. Koeman has been sacked and is well gone now, so that is no longer a reason, disloyalty probably right, being an Evertonian doesn't mean much to players now, probably the same for most other home grown players as well, well except for the trophy winning teams player's anyway.

December 03, 2017, 02:45:36 PM
Reply #3

School of Science

Been out an awful long time with this injury, would be a bit weird if he never played for us throughout December and is fit right away for either Spurs / Chelsea if / when he signs for them.

December 03, 2017, 07:12:11 PM
Reply #4

School of Science

Think Allerdyce has put his feelers out so to speak, saying that the deal for him to go could be already done. Now if it's not, Barkley or his agent should refute that suggestion right away, if it's true, well him and his agent can just keep quiet....

December 07, 2017, 02:40:58 AM
Reply #5

School of Science

When everyone was chuffed when he went back on Twitter, about Rooneys goal and lots of our fans were wishing Ross well and begging him to stay. Does anyone know if Barkley actually answered any of the fans tweets ? Or ignored them, that would go a long way in saying whether he's staying or going.

December 07, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Reply #6

School of Science

Yeah, hes out of the WC picture I think - and hes only got himself to blame. Even if he had been fit, Im not sure he wouldve played, even his u-turn on the Chelsea move. Then making that statement basically calling Moshiri a liar, denying he was ever on his way for a medical or hed agreed to go there.

Winding down your contract at your boyhood club, the club that gave him his chance - is pretty much the most despicable thing a player can do.

About time somebody said that, instead of its Koeman's fault, Moshiri's fault, Everton's fault, Everton fans fault, gangsters fault and his err agents fault. Have I missed anyone ? He is an adult he makes his own decisions, it makes me angry, it makes me sad and I would love him to resign another contract with us but it's highly unlikely, Ross has had ample opportunities but it just that to me, all that matters is him, not us and definitely not his home town club.

December 07, 2017, 10:09:37 PM
Reply #7

School of Science

So we should accept not getting even close to replacing them?

To be fair here, neither Lukaku or Stones were what you would call champions league footballers when we first bought them, neither was Barkley who came through the youth team and as you know you can't keep top class players when they want to move. Ronaldo and Suarez from Man United and Liverpool will tell you that.

December 12, 2017, 02:49:36 AM
Reply #8

School of Science

More twitter chat that hes fit, but refusing to play.

Where's that, hope it's bull, surely we wouldn't be paying him wages.

December 15, 2017, 03:58:48 PM
Reply #9

School of Science

Looking at the scar off that injury and with the history of hamstring injuries, ( they always seem to come back), does not look promising at all for Ross. Looks like he could have problems passing a medical with the size of that scar, insurance etc.

December 16, 2017, 01:59:16 AM
Reply #10

School of Science

I think he's a bit of a snide cunt, hasn't done anything on social media the whole time he's been injured like say Bolasie then suddenly he wants to communicate like he's one of us again just in case he gets a game !

Think when he's saying the likes of "Soon" and has given an update and photograph of his injury, he's just letting Spurs/ Chelsea and the like he's over his injury, get yer bids in lads.

December 22, 2017, 08:56:28 PM
Reply #11

School of Science

Sam still has no idea what he's doing according to the press conference.

Shame we're wasting so much money paying for a player who is giving nothing back.

I think everyone has a very good idea what he wants to do by now, he's had months to sign a contract and hasn't yet and has told no one of his intentions. Didn't Sam say he was going to talk to Ross when He was first made manager, yet now Sam is saying he still doesn't know what Barkley is doing, that's stretching it a bit ! Finch Farm must be an awfully big place.

December 30, 2017, 06:25:05 PM
Reply #12

School of Science

Can't think of many other players in the Everton team who have their own song. If he waits around for what free transfer to Spurs, then that does it for me, worse than Barmby, he's a homegrown blue for God sake.

December 30, 2017, 08:49:22 PM
Reply #13

School of Science

Fair point, i may be over sensitive, don't know why but iv'e never liked individuals being booed, apart from Jim Pearson who took Mcenzie's spot {if i remember right} because that was just wrong.

Same think it's badly wrong to boo your own players, at the end of the game maybe if your team have played shite, then boo them off, is only acceptable to me.

December 30, 2017, 08:57:07 PM
Reply #14

School of Science

iv'e just always thought how bad someone would feel to be booed by your own, but the wife always tells me i'm a soft bastard.

Yes feel the same it must be soul destroying and at the same time sap the players confidence to hear their own fans booing them. That's it really what benefit are the team getting when the player just wants to hide.