September 26, 2018, 12:53:33 AM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 39793 times)

January 05, 2018, 04:02:31 PM
Reply #15

Waltzer

The unfortunate timing of his injury lost us the 20m more than any machiavellian masterplan.

He still could have signed, nothing would have stopped it, he didnt fail a medical, he said he wanted to keep his options open, he did cost us 20 million

January 05, 2018, 05:52:55 PM
Reply #16

Waltzer

I feel a bit sorry for Barkley, he's not done much wrong other than want to leave and has conducted himself very well. If you try to take the rose tinted glasses off, financially he could have similar terms to stay, but it's a much better opportunity to win trophies in a short career. Lukaku and Stones left to pursue bigger ambitions, it's up to the club to agree terms with other clubs for transfer or match ambitions, the club has done neither.

Has been hanging over the club for over a year now, but we didn't give him a new deal when he wanted one. Koeman pushed him towards the exit, Koeman's exit was opportunity to bring him back in. Hiring Allardyce will not have given any hope of us making improvements in the near future, if anything it's pushed hopes of achieving things back a year or so.

We aren't matching his ambitions as a club, we've not shown him the respect of a key player and if you think we haven't missed him this season, you're watching a different game. He's not going to become a world great, but I can see him working well with Willian, Hazard and Morata and becoming a key player for them. He'll need game time to build relationships and understanding with other key players, but being surrounded by better players and more options will improve his game.

This is a load of BS, Stones and Lukaku were more admirable, they stated they wanted to leave, Barkley has had a contract on the table for 2 years and continually refused to state his desire to leave and didnt until he was entering his last year. Everton have given him whatever he wanted, if he didnt want to stay fine, just have the balls to say it and hand in a transfer request. He is gutless and knew he had no chance of going to a team above where we are unless he ran his contract down to a position where is he relatively cheap, and a steal now. To say he has conducted himself well is farcical imo, unless you're a Chelsea fan that is!!

That said the club should have sold him 2 years ago when he started assing us around!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:54:07 PM by Waltzer »

January 05, 2018, 06:46:54 PM
Reply #17

Waltzer

15Million will go towards the Tosun deal. Getting a bit frequent now Stones, Lukaku, Barkley all gone inside 18 months.

Such a poor club with no intention of matching players ambitions.

I agree to a certain extent, although its a chicken and egg thing isnt it? If we had a fit squad with those players in it id say we wouldnt be far off the top 4, maybe if they'd have stayed a bit longer things would be different?
We might not have invested like we did without those sales but who knows? I think what is clear as its all about the here and now, no more building for 5 years etc

Pickford

Coleman       Keane         Stones         Baines

Gueye          Rooney

Bolasie            Barkley           Sigurdson

Lukaku
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:48:03 PM by Waltzer »

January 05, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
Reply #18

Waltzer

You forgot Deulofeu. Different circumstances but another bright talent, now getting game time for fucking Barcelona, we let slip away.

We had no choice with Deulofeu, he had a buy back clause and they only got him so they could sell him on at a profit, he also only been used as a sub for 9 times and by all accounts has been average at best

January 06, 2018, 12:12:29 AM
Reply #19

Waltzer

I get the feeling from Conte he doesn't really want him, keeps going on about how the club saw him as a good investment, didn't strike me as being overly keen?