February 25, 2018, 12:24:34 AM

Poll

Sign his new contract

Yes.
111 (24.1%)
No.
80 (17.4%)
Will wait to see what happens with the new management position.
89 (19.3%)
He's already on his bike and he's off.
181 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 461

Author Topic: Ross Barkley. Will he, or won't he?  (Read 30902 times)

January 05, 2018, 12:07:01 AM
Reply #420

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Just get rid now. I'm a big fan but it's fucking ridiculous this is still a drama

January 05, 2018, 12:11:52 AM
Reply #421

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Think he's managed to make it into double figures for G+A which is really good going.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him make it OR not make it, but I'd be up for seeing him in and around the team next year like.
He's doing well and it's good to see him take it in his stride
Id be more than happy to see him in around the squad, first team as am sure he is a very good footballer

Id be worried that he has the pace and strength to succeed in the pl at this moment in time tho and we have some very unforgiving fans.... Let's not forget, we had osman and pienaar not so long back and they had plenty of haters

One thing he has over both of them tho is his eye for a goal

Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2018, 12:13:09 AM
Reply #422

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
As for Barkley
I'll be sorry to see him leave as for me he is better than what we have now

However, if he doesn't want to be here then get him gone

Id like to hope someone asks him exactly why he wasn't out before he leaves and we take it on board

Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2018, 12:20:42 AM
Reply #423

Shogun

Administrator
Can't wait for him to leave just to hear what the fucker says
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 05, 2018, 12:24:44 AM
Reply #424

School of Science

To be honest not arsed what he has to say....His actions have spoken far louder than any words.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 05, 2018, 12:26:40 AM
Reply #425

Macca77

Just get rid now. I'm a big fan but it's fucking ridiculous this is still a drama

Exactly, get him sold asap and move on

January 05, 2018, 12:27:41 AM
Reply #426

mikey_blue

"Errr, obviously yeah, yano. It's just errr just, yeah. Definitely" Probably something like that.

January 05, 2018, 12:28:12 AM
Reply #427

Cereal Killer

Will contain 'ambition' 'champions league' 'chance to win things' 'fresh start' 'new challenges' 'nothing to do with money'

January 05, 2018, 12:29:31 AM
Reply #428

School of Science

Will contain 'ambition' 'champions league' 'chance to win things' 'fresh start' 'new challenges' 'nothing to do with money'

Well then at least he will be honest with his new club and new fans.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 05, 2018, 12:35:49 AM
Reply #429

American Evertonian

It's amazing how drastically our view of him has changed over the past 1-2 seasons.

I am not disagreeing at all with what you say Shoggers as I am thinking the exact same thing. I don't wish him ill-will, but I do hope on his quest for glory and victories he finds none other than the happiness he finds in Everton (without him) finally winning a cup.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 05, 2018, 12:41:17 AM
Reply #430

ally2

Some 'new challenges' for him would be stringing more then five words together, holding down a first team spot, and not bursting into tears when he drops his bag of sweets.

January 05, 2018, 01:12:24 AM
Reply #431

gizzblue

I've always been a spurs / chelsea/ Liverpool or insert club here fan .

January 05, 2018, 01:56:59 AM
Reply #432

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's doing well and it's good to see him take it in his stride
Id be more than happy to see him in around the squad, first team as am sure he is a very good footballer

Id be worried that he has the pace and strength to succeed in the pl at this moment in time tho and we have some very unforgiving fans.... Let's not forget, we had osman and pienaar not so long back and they had plenty of haters

One thing he has over both of them tho is his eye for a goal

Ossie has decent goal return to be fair.

But yeah I think heís going to get a lot of stick for getting brushed off the ball and not flying round in general (Bily).

Needs to develop general dominance of the game (beyond great goals / assists) at that level before getting genuinely excited at prospect of PL level.

Ossie and Pienaar knew how to get around physical disadvantages - Bily didnít.

January 05, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
Reply #433

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ossie has decent goal return to be fair.

But yeah I think heís going to get a lot of stick for getting brushed off the ball and not flying round in general (Bily).

Needs to develop general dominance of the game (beyond great goals / assists) at that level before getting genuinely excited at prospect of PL level.

Ossie and Pienaar knew how to get around physical disadvantages - Bily didnít.

Yeah canít imagine our fans would put up with him for long unless he was getting like 20 Goals, and even that isnít enough if they think youíre lazy (Lukaku).

I think he should model his game on Sigurdsson. Heís just a bit of clean ball striking technique and the odd back heel in a relatively slow, slender frame, but he works very hard, can tackle and can beat people with the ball rather than his legs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2018, 02:45:33 AM
Reply #434

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Thing is though look at the stick Rooney took, but at least he was straight with the club and the fans and had the decency to put a transfer request in. Barkley for me has treated the club and the fans with utter contempt.

Come on, Rooney did that to force the move. There was no virtue there. He wanted to move, and by doing that he got the move and he didn't give a crap about the club or fans either at that point. He simply was looking after his own career, which is however understandable if hard to accept as a fan. Barkley has been as straight with the club too, clearly the club knows he wants to leave. Fans were left in the dark by both the club and Barkley, however when it comes to transfers it shouldn't be the case that we're saying we're going to sell as that puts the club in a poor negotiating position...although there is no getting away from that now.